Saban's new Block The Vortexx.

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Saban's new Block The Vortexx.

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:14 pm

http://www.nickandmore.com/2012/07/12/s ... august-25/

http://www.myvortexx.com/

http://www.facebook.com/MyVortexx

About
Step into Vortexx, a power-packed broadcast television and online destination for action, adventure and comedy entertainment! 5 hours of exciting programming every Saturday morning, coming to The CW August 25th!
Description
Vortexx will be a multi-platform entertainment brand destination that engages its audience through well-established properties, and provides them with a single source for entertaining content, activities and more. The nationally-broadcast channel will be anchored by key franchises such as Power Rangers and Yu-Gi-Oh!, in addition to other marquee, soon-to-be-announced action/adventure and comedy shows. The brand-new programming block will air on all CW affiliated stations nationwide, Saturday mornings from 7 a.m. to noon.

I wonder if DBZKai will air there. And if they will get the Second half of the show.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Saban's new Block The Vortexx.

Post by superrayman3 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:06 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I wonder if DBZKai will air there. And if they will get the Second half of the show.
It's pretty likely that DBZ Kai probably will air on the Vortexx, as for whether or not they'll get the second half of the show, right now that's anyone's guess.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

gmster
Beyond Newbie

Post by gmster » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:29 pm

On July 21st they're expanding DBZ Kai airings to 3 episodes.

I have an itch they're speeding up the reruns to get to new episodes when Vortexx starts.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:41 pm

Or to drop DBZKai Entirely....

I REALLY hope you are right. :(
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

gmster
Beyond Newbie

Post by gmster » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:47 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Or to drop DBZKai Entirely....
Sadly that's also a possibility. But in between Yugioh and Power Rangers, Saban will need shows to fill out time on the block. New episodes of Kai will accomplish that while giving Vortexx a fresh feeling.

Or it'll just be the same 52 episodes 4kids payed for cycled again. DBZ Kai will be the new Sonic X.

But I'd like to be a little optimistic for once.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:55 pm

Yeah, I'll try and be optimistic as well! I hope kids without cable will get to enjoy DBZKai in its entirety!

gmster
Beyond Newbie

Post by gmster » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:33 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Yeah, I'll try and be optimistic as well! I hope kids without cable will get to enjoy DBZKai in its entirety!
Yeah, I never had cable. I grew up on Kids WB. (Bad mouth their version of Toonami all you want, but for us kids without cable it was glorious.) So seeing DBZ Kai on a broadcast channel was a pretty big deal for me :p

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:22 pm

"The Vortexx" sounds cool it could be receiving Kai and who knows if they've lowered the censoring.

Vortexx reminded me of this:

FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

gmster
Beyond Newbie

Post by gmster » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:56 pm

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/120709/kideq8-k.html

Saban paid Toei a "cure cost" of $429,000. I don't know what that is exactly, but it could be the rights to air the remaining episodes past 52.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:37 am

Its the money for the 52 Episodes 4Kids owned. But if he WAS willing to part with money to keep DBZKai, he might be willing to pay some more to own the 98 Episodes.

gmster
Beyond Newbie

Post by gmster » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:34 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Its the money for the 52 Episodes 4Kids owned. But if he WAS willing to part with money to keep DBZKai, he might be willing to pay some more to own the 98 Episodes.
Unless it was a renewal to extend the existing broadcast rights, I don't see why additional money would be paid if all Saban is doing is inheriting the rights from 4kids.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:39 am

There's so many people who keep on using "he" in reference to Saban on this and other forums. You guys know that Haim Saban almost certainly doesn't have a role in the day to day operations of Saban Brands, right? There isn't even a quote from him in the press announcement of Vortexx. Saban Brands was just a company he set up to make more money.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

gmster
Beyond Newbie

Post by gmster » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:55 am

I never said "he". I always referred to the company on a whole whenever I say Saban. But whatever, blame the confusion on the ego centric guy that named a media conglomerate after himself.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:27 pm

gmster wrote:I never said "he". I always referred to the company on a whole whenever I say Saban. But whatever, blame the confusion on the ego centric guy that named a media conglomerate after himself.
Yes, because Saban is the clear exception to the rule.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

gmster
Beyond Newbie

Post by gmster » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:25 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
gmster wrote:I never said "he". I always referred to the company on a whole whenever I say Saban. But whatever, blame the confusion on the ego centric guy that named a media conglomerate after himself.
Notice how I never said he's the only one that does that.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:12 pm

gmster wrote:Notice how I never said he's the only one that does that.
Notice how that wasn't the point. It's not a surprise or egocentric to have had named a company after yourself in this day in age, at least not to me.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:25 am

I sure hope we get to see more anime from The Vortexx.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:24 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:"The Vortexx" sounds cool it could be receiving Kai and who knows if they've lowered the censoring.

Vortexx reminded me of this:

I really doubt they lowered the censors.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:30 pm

I think that while Saban wont be more lenient, he'll at least be less moronic in his editing.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:38 pm

How can Saban be more lenient with censorship when the CW has been the one handing out notices the entire time?