Captain Ginyu: Assault - Web Site Correction Needed?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Captain Ginyu: Assault - Web Site Correction Needed?

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:39 am

Hi guys,

I was watching my newly arrived Captain Ginyu: Assault DVD, and noticed that it is, somewhat edited.

You note on the Ginyu series description (http://www.kanzenshuu.com/home-video/na ... /series03/) that the English and Japanese selections have their own video track, which is correct, but I found that the English track is edited;

English track:

Japanese track:

I wasn't sure if you want to make a note of that.. If you do, I will look out for more editing on the English tracks, and report back if I find any more.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Re: Captain Ginyu: Assault - Web Site Correction Needed?

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:08 pm

No need for me to look out for anymore edits?

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:21 am

I'm interested!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:44 am

Well, I'm pretty sure Mike knows about the edited video track. Perhaps he just forgot to note it.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:55 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Well, I'm pretty sure Mike knows about the edited video track. Perhaps he just forgot to note it.
Sweet as, just thought I would bring it up just in case they don't.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:38 am

That's actually a really well-done edit. I wouldn't know it was edited were it not pointed out. It's really stupid that they would do that on their first DVD, though. It's worth noting.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:07 am

Pokewhiz7 wrote:That's actually a really well-done edit. I wouldn't know it was edited were it not pointed out. It's really stupid that they would do that on their first DVD, though. It's worth noting.
I agree. The edit doesn't look digital at all!!
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Well, I'm pretty sure Mike knows about the edited video track. Perhaps he just forgot to note it.
I thought Mike pretty much never watches the dub so it's possible he never saw it and assumed both video tracks were uncut.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:31 pm

As I recall, Chris Psaros pointed out the fact that the dub video track was edited in his review, when the DVD was first released. So it's definitely not news.
-Rachel

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:54 am

ringworm128 wrote:
I thought Mike pretty much never watches the dub so it's possible he never saw it and assumed both video tracks were uncut.
Mike didn't need to watch the dub to know about this. Back in the day, this bit of news showed up on most of the popular DragonBall fan sites at the time.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:55 am

I suppose we can note it in the guide. Like has been noted/inferred, it doesn't really affect the Japanese side of the show, which is the one we're documenting in all cases, but I do think it's a note worth... err... noting!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:29 am

Huge thread bump from the dead, but I got the original Australian DVD the other week and thought I would see if there is any difference (because the Aussie discs didn't include the Japanese track until the World Tournament DVD)..

This Australian DVD of 'Captain Ginyu: Assault' uses the uncut video track, and English dialog.