When does Brolly appear???

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cynical

When does Brolly appear???

Post by Cynical » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:46 pm

yo all..., i hav'nt really got when brolly appears... O.o..., gohan, as we all know, grows to teenager in that time and soul room ( i dun know what its called in english ) and fightes cell, but when brolly appears, gohan is still a teenager!, though in the movie Brolly : Second Coming, gohan is grown up!..., and he tells goten that he and his father fought brolly 7 years ago...!

so my question really is : when does brolly appear?, between what sagas?

u ppl have to exuse me for my stupidity..., it was a long time since i was in Dragonball :roll:

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:02 pm

Brolly features in the movies which aren't considered canon but rather what if. If you were to try and slot them into place, you're best bets are:

Movie 8 - 10 days before the Cell games
Movie 10 - Training before the 25th Tenachi Budokai
Movie 11 - After the 25th Tenachi Budokai.

Son Goku
Regular

Post by Son Goku » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:03 pm

He was entirly filler. The only spot he could possibly first appear is during the ten days before The Cell Games

Edit - Damn, caracal beat me to it by a few seconds (but he included the other two Brolly movies)

Edit 2 - Notice I just got 64 posts (DBGT reference)
I also go by "veemonjosh".

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:36 pm

I'd personally say it's impossible for Broly to fit, but if you wanna discount possible plot holes, eh:

Movie 8: During the 10 days of peace before the Cell Games.
Movie 10: Before the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai and after Videl's haircut.
Movie 11: On the morning after Goku returns to the After World, maybe explaining why Goten and Trunks were so sleepy when Piccolo tried to wake them up in "Where's Gohan!? The Harsh Training on Kaio-Shin's Planet"/"Return to Other World".

Of course, there are too many plot holes in all three cases for Broly to fit, likley the only ones that could fit were Movies 10 and 11, but even then they would still need Movie 8 to fit so they're automaticly discounted.

{Side Note:} Only Movies 1 (forcingly by the anime), 5, 9, 13, and the 3 specials can fit, period.
14 years later

askani son
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: When does Brolly appear???

Post by askani son » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:55 pm

Cynical wrote:u ppl have to exuse me for my stupidity..., it was a long time since i was in Dragonball :roll:
I'm surprised no-one has said anything, but you might wanna re-read before you post.
(BTW, If s rule about users not posting to point out mistakes was made while I was away feel free to point it out)
"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Um...Vegeta, you're already dead."

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:18 pm

To further reiterate what askani son posted, just watch your grammar, since this forum is pretty tight on it. But for the question, let's just say that a lot of the movies can't fit in the main storyline, and I guess the appearance of Broly is one of them.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:16 pm

Son Goku wrote:He was entirly filler.
Calling the Broly movies filler makes no sense.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:21 pm

askani son wrote:(BTW, If s rule
Yes... yes, I do!

Anyway, to answer your unasked question, the Room of Spirit and Time is called the Hyperbolic Time Chamber in America, although I'm unsure what it's known as in other English-speaking markets.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:05 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:{Side Note:} Only Movies 1 (forcingly by the anime), 5, 9, 13, and the 3 specials can fit, period.
Correction, the 2 DBZ specials, and movies 9 and 13 are the only ones that fit.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:38 pm

Xyex wrote:
Conan the SSJ wrote:{Side Note:} Only Movies 1 (forcingly by the anime), 5, 9, 13, and the 3 specials can fit, period.
Well, as Conan, said, movie 1 was forced to fit into the anime timeline. And movie 5 can fit. =/ I don't get why people think Goku can't turn SSJ at will. It's called DRAMA. Honestly, it would've been a short movie if Goku turned Super Saiyan at the very beginning.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:28 am

B-kun wrote:
Xyex wrote:
Well, as Conan, said, movie 1 was forced to fit into the anime timeline. And movie 5 can fit. =/ I don't get why people think Goku can't turn SSJ at will. It's called DRAMA. Honestly, it would've been a short movie if Goku turned Super Saiyan at the very beginning.
It was a kickass transformation, too. I almost liked it better than the Freeza Saga one.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:27 am

Demi wrote: Calling the Broly movies filler makes no sense.
I agree. they're movies, not anime cannon.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:14 pm

B-kun wrote:
Xyex wrote:
Movie 1 may be listed in the time-line but that's not forcing it to fit. There is absolutely nothing that makes Garlic Jr. fit into the Anime, peroid. Not even the 'Saga'. The presence of Icarus in that 'Saga' deems that it is in fact not part of the Anime but just a mini-series / long movie. Garlic Jr. is not part of the Anime time-line. That's just all there is to it.

As for Movie 5... watch it again some time. Goku gets his ASS KICKED. He's half dead before transfroming. Sure, he held off on going SSJ in Movie 7 and even a little in Movie 6, but he does have SOME common sense. Once he knows he can't do anything in base he transforms. And also, watch the sequence in which he DOES transform. It's very obvious it's not happening of his own free will.
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:23 pm

Xyex wrote:
B-kun wrote:
Xyex wrote: Correction, the 2 DBZ specials, and movies 9 and 13 are the only ones that fit.
Movie 1 may be listed in the time-line but that's not forcing it to fit. There is absolutely nothing that makes Garlic Jr. fit into the Anime, peroid. Not even the 'Saga'. The presence of Icarus in that 'Saga' deems that it is in fact not part of the Anime but just a mini-series / long movie. Garlic Jr. is not part of the Anime time-line. That's just all there is to it.
Movie 1 may not fit into the anime time-line, but the Garlic Jr. Saga does fit. Icarus has appeared outside of that saga a few times.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:43 pm

MyVisionity wrote:
Xyex wrote:
B-kun wrote: Well, as Conan, said, movie 1 was forced to fit into the anime timeline. And movie 5 can fit. =/ I don't get why people think Goku can't turn SSJ at will. It's called DRAMA. Honestly, it would've been a short movie if Goku turned Super Saiyan at the very beginning.
Movie 1 may not fit into the anime time-line, but the Garlic Jr. Saga does fit. Icarus has appeared outside of that saga a few times.
Icarus never appeared in the anime aside from the Garlic Jr. Saga. There *might* have been a little spill over into the Trunks saga, but that's the limit. The Garlic Jr. 'Saga' is not a Saga. It's a long movie broken down into episodes (mini-series) just like GT.
<Xyex> Good point.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:58 pm

Xyex wrote:
MyVisionity wrote:
Xyex wrote: Movie 1 may be listed in the time-line but that's not forcing it to fit. There is absolutely nothing that makes Garlic Jr. fit into the Anime, peroid. Not even the 'Saga'. The presence of Icarus in that 'Saga' deems that it is in fact not part of the Anime but just a mini-series / long movie. Garlic Jr. is not part of the Anime time-line. That's just all there is to it.
Icarus never appeared in the anime aside from the Garlic Jr. Saga. There *might* have been a little spill over into the Trunks saga, but that's the limit. The Garlic Jr. 'Saga' is not a Saga. It's a long movie broken down into episodes (mini-series) just like GT.
Icarus does at least appear in the Trunks Saga. I don't know how you consider Garlic Jr. to be a long movie broken into episodes. It may be filler, yes, but it exists within the events of the anime story.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:06 pm

The scene he appears in is actually filler.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:19 pm

I watched it pretty recently, actually, and I have the movie's events stuck in my head. I know what happens, but you don't quite seem to be get my point, so let me repeat.

It's drama . It would have been a SHORT movie if Goku did immediately transform into a Super Saiyan.. In terms of events, character placements, transformations, etc., it fits perfectly into the three year gap.

Also, I refuse to buy that "it's a long movie excuse". It's a series of anime episodes. Never, in the history of anything Toei ever produced involving DBZ, was there a movie composed of the events of the Garlic Jr. arc. That's what Saban used to do (see the "Big Bad Beetleborgs" and "Power Rangers in Space" movies - they're both 5 episode arcs that were turned into a movie with some footage removed), but Toei hasn't. (I'm not counting the DB movies in this, since they seriously altered the events)

Edit - Thanks to Random for helping me tone down my little rant. But if I still seem, er, fired up, it's do to stress and the fact that I get riled up over the stupidest things.

Domon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Domon » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:45 pm

For those saying that movie five "takes place in the timeline"; how do you account for Gohan's tail, which he shouldn't have at that point. To me, that --more than anything else-- is the real continunity conflict.

The Garlic Jr. 'Saga' is not a Saga. It's a long movie broken down into episodes (mini-series) just like GT.
I gotta say; I have never heard of GT and the Garlic Jr. saga being refered to as a "long movie" before. And that strikes me as a rather silly way to try and discount them from the storyline.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:57 pm

Domon wrote:For those saying that movie five "takes place in the timeline"; how do you account for Gohan's tail, which he shouldn't have at that point. To me, that --more than anything else-- is the real continunity conflict.

The Garlic Jr. 'Saga' is not a Saga. It's a long movie broken down into episodes (mini-series) just like GT.
I gotta say; I have never heard of GT and the Garlic Jr. saga being refered to as a "long movie" before. And that strikes me as a rather silly way to try and discount them from the storyline.
... Strangely, I nearly forgot about that. But that can be due to Goku syndrome. It simply popped up one day and was, somewhere along the line, cut off. This is three years, so a lot can happen. *shrug*