Where would the series be if YOU were Toriyama?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Re: Where would the series be if YOU were Toriyama?

Post by CashmanX » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Herms wrote:Dagon Ball: adventure, friendship, Cosmic Horror.
"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Boo R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:48 pm

It'd probably still be mostly the same, but with a lot more humor (particularly of the meta variety) added, and I might explore the characters more. Also, Goku would stay dead after the Cell saga. Either that or I'd just end it there in 1993.
penguintruth wrote:I would have kept writing storylines for the manga until the fingers on my hands were worn down nubs, raking in so much money that I could afford to build a castle made of daimond. The heads of Kishimoto, Kubo, and Oda would be on pikes out in front and the moat filled with the tears of my editors. Dragon Ball would go onto be 70 volumes long and end when Goku, who has long outlived everybody else by sheer will, dies of an overdose of bursitis medication and instead of going to the afterlife, is made into a replacement dragon for Shenlong, who was gunned down four days before retirement by the Dragon Gangsters. The last page is Pan's great-grandson marrying Arale (also still around for some reason... probably because she's a robot) as Goku looks out from the dragon realm with pride.

Then I would declare myself the new Emperor of Japan and start firing cannonballs at passersby. The JSDF will be called in, but Norio Wakamoto will devestate them with his voice. Then the world will tremble.
Screw it, I'm doing this instead.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:39 pm

I would have had the series end at the Cell Games, or maybe have Gohan be the one who ultimately defeated Buu. After that, I would help write movies taking place in between the "lost decade" of the series, kind of like what I predict will already happen in reality...
jjgp1112 wrote:It'd probably still be mostly the same, but with a lot more humor (particularly of the meta variety) added
Go on...
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Post by Nex Carnifex » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:16 pm

I would rewrite the story the same way save for some inconsistencies that I would fix, I'd also give a better explanation to how they don't destroy the Earth with every attack after Frieza, like Gohan teaching Goten how to control his attacks so they don't make big explosions. Then I'd continue after Goku leaves with Uub and write my own ending.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:15 am

Everyone dies a brutal and agonizing death including Kami therefore no Dragonballs.

The End.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:15 am

Everyone dies a brutal and agonizing death including Kami therefore no Dragonballs.

The End.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.