Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:14 am

Dr. Machismo wrote:
Is it? You're not really saying how you think he could improve. You're just trying to point out how much he's copied others from what I read. By critisizing constructively, you say how you think certain things could have been changed, and what, with generally giving a few examples on how. And honestly, I haven't seen much of this in your posts. Plus, to give constructive criticism on a comic, you'd need to be an artist. Are you one? Have you drawn anything? Have you made any stories?
I'm mainly expressing what I dislike from this comic, but there's nothing wrong with that. I don't have to state how I think he can improve. If this guy asked for some advice, the
You said that you were utilizing constructive criticism.
Dr. Machismo wrote: It's called constructive criticism. I'm just expressing my opinion on this dude's work.
I don't have to state how I think he can improve.
....Are you seeing the discrepancy here?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Constructive Criticism is supposed to have positive feed back and negative feedback. This is just pointing out what you don't like.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:27 pm

Hey, my brother asks, who likes to make comics, asks if you use illustrator for making your comic, or what do you use? What are your steps from the first drawing until the final drawing?

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:54 am

The whole first part of Dragon Ball took a lot from the Journey to the west, yet nobody cares.
Dragonball was originally meant to be a parody/adaption of that, right? So it's nothing to complain about.

Also, in my first post criticizing this comic, I had praised the artwork AND I mentioned ways to improve the comic (don't give Vegeta another brother, don't make Vegeta possessed and make Vegeta like the calm, collected mastermind he was before he got beat up by Goku). So I didn't just state what I didn't like.
YES that's the only things. Unless the art suck dick. If the plot is great. Causal fans would not care you smark. Most causals fans would't notice and if they did. They would't care. HArdcore fans would just be little piss but will get over it. Smarks like you turn it into a big deal.
An advantage is a condition something has that makes it superior to something else. A disadvantage is a condition something has that makes it inferior to something else. You're saying that the only advantages or disadvantages something can have comes from whether casual fans like the work. That's some major CRAP, bro. Just because casual fans prefer something over something else doesn't make it better. Casual fans wouldn't always know what's better. And I'm not blowing my complaints out of proportion. Most people would consider copied artwork and a flawed plot to be a problem.
This. You really think people give a DAMN if someone stole.? Especially if they're causal(THe majority). I'm not pulling shit from my ass. People like Yammato's score yet a lot of them know he stole. Yammato didn't get ANY disadvantage. It's the music that made them like it. Just like the plot and art regardless if it's stolen or not is what attracts the reader. How can you complain about stolen shit but yet be a fan of Dragonball? A lot of things in DBS were stolen and a lot of things was taken from DB. OH shit! Someone said your arms are too short to box with GOD. Guess they stole that line and now got a disadvantage on whatever they used it in.
Just because it attracts readers doesn't make it good.
The world's greatest.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:25 am

An advantage is a condition something has that makes it superior to something else. A disadvantage is a condition something has that makes it inferior to something else. You're saying that the only advantages or disadvantages something can have comes from whether casual fans like the work. That's some major CRAP, bro. Just because casual fans prefer something over something else doesn't make it better. Casual fans wouldn't always know what's better. And I'm not blowing my complaints out of proportion. Most people would consider copied artwork and a flawed plot to be a problem.
Do you like the Lion King? If you done research you would know where I'm going with this. NO ONE REALLY CARES FOR THE ART BEING STOLEN hence why it's not a disadvantage nor an advantage. Only person really complaining is you. I never said just casual fans. I said the majority is casual and won't care. The hardcore fans will just be iffy but will get pass it. Smarks like you are the only people to really care. EVERYTHING is a copy or inspired by something. Yet people don't complain. It's a fan manga if you don't expect some copies then you should be ashamed. Most people don't really care and will just read the damn thing. If the plot suck then yes they will stop but if it's just stolen art then...they just ignore it.
Just because it attracts readers doesn't make it good.
Attract readers, Get a decent fanbase, have loyal fans, and have haters. Seems like he got all the qualities of something good. You're just bashing every fanfic because you can't make on of your own.

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:57 am

TheGmGoken wrote: Do you like the Lion King? If you done research you would know where I'm going with this. NO ONE REALLY CARES FOR THE ART BEING STOLEN hence why it's not a disadvantage nor an advantage. Only person really complaining is you. I never said just casual fans. I said the majority is casual and won't care. The hardcore fans will just be iffy but will get pass it. Smarks like you are the only people to really care. EVERYTHING is a copy or inspired by something. Yet people don't complain. It's a fan manga if you don't expect some copies then you should be ashamed. Most people don't really care and will just read the damn thing. If the plot suck then yes they will stop but if it's just stolen art then...they just ignore it.
Your idea of advantages and disadvantages is pretty ridiculous. Stolen crap may not bother you, but I'm sure it bothers others.
Attract readers, Get a decent fanbase, have loyal fans, and have haters. Seems like he got all the qualities of something good. You're just bashing every fanfic because you can't make on of your own.
Those qualities still don't make it good. That last comment of yours is pretty delusional and rude. I'm only expressing my opinion of this guy's comic.
The world's greatest.

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:58 am

TheGmGoken wrote:Do you like the Lion King? If you done research you would know where I'm going with this. NO ONE REALLY CARES FOR THE ART BEING STOLEN hence why it's not a disadvantage nor an advantage.
Not to trail this off topic or defend him, but that certain Lion King-related controversy is really overblown and it'd be more prudent to use better examples(with more definitive proof to back them up).

A lot of said "stolen" Jungle Emperor Leo/Kimba stuff for that film are just really reaching comparisons made by biased individuals who conveniently do not actually explain the whole significantly different stories behind said comparisons, lying about some of them on top of it. Not to mention how they do not acknowledge the fact that the actual plots themselves are entirely different, ignoring the Hamlet and Exodus story influences, and forgetting that Simba's name was a pun for "lion."

There is some legitimate similarities between the two franchises of course, but considering how extremely unalike they seem after one actually does do some research and not base their sources on a certain biased fansite and/or Cracked, it really is just blown out of proportion.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:02 am

Dr. Machismo wrote:
Also, in my first post criticizing this comic, I had praised the artwork AND I mentioned ways to improve the comic (don't give Vegeta another brother, don't make Vegeta possessed and make Vegeta like the calm, collected mastermind he was before he got beat up by Goku). So I didn't just state what I didn't like.
The only reason I cant make Vegeta the way he was before he fought Goku the first time is because I have to stick with the character development he went through in the Manga. His pride has settled, and his "I'm a warrior 24/7" mentality has taken a backseat by the time the end of Z rolled around. Going right back to how he was at the beginning of Z retcons all his character development, and I can't do that.

Now, in my series, he starts to regain some of his lost pride by the fact that he has now become equal to Goku after Goku died after the fight with Omega Shenron. He's now training a lot more (something he did sparsely in GT), and feels that, even though Goku is alive, he still must uphold his oath he made when Goku died to protect the Earth. During the Aladjinn Saga, he displays some of his old fire when he first faces Aladjinn. He calmly dictates the pace of the fight, feeling that with the difference in their powers he could annihilate Aladjinn at whatever moment he pleases.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:46 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
Dr. Machismo wrote:
The only reason I cant make Vegeta the way he was before he fought Goku the first time is because I have to stick with the character development he went through in the Manga. His pride has settled, and his "I'm a warrior 24/7" mentality has taken a backseat by the time the end of Z rolled around. Going right back to how he was at the beginning of Z retcons all his character development, and I can't do that.

Now, in my series, he starts to regain some of his lost pride by the fact that he has now become equal to Goku after Goku died after the fight with Omega Shenron. He's now training a lot more (something he did sparsely in GT), and feels that, even though Goku is alive, he still must uphold his oath he made when Goku died to protect the Earth. During the Aladjinn Saga, he displays some of his old fire when he first faces Aladjinn. He calmly dictates the pace of the fight, feeling that with the difference in their powers he could annihilate Aladjinn at whatever moment he pleases.
Kinda overused how Vegeta gets taken over... would've been more interesting with Goku having been taken over. But it's still entertaining. Really good back story, though. And the art is great. The alladjin reminds me of Boo.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Your idea of advantages and disadvantages is pretty ridiculous. Stolen crap may not bother you, but I'm sure it bothers others.
*Sigh*. Notice I said the MAJORITY. Not just me. There is something called the Majority rule. I think you're confusing advantages and disadvantages with Pros and Cons.
Pros and cons refer to reasons "for" and "against" a proposition. Advantages and disadvantages refer to the perceived consequences of either accepting a proposition as true or taking a specific course of action. Reasons for and against can be phrased both positively and negatively. This can muddle your analysis if you are not careful about it. Thinking in terms of "reasons" probably doesn't naturally focus your thinking as sharply as thinking more specifically in terms of consequences does. Generally speaking outside of speech and debate advantages and disadvantages on more or less used in academics, decisions, or RPGS.
. Now in if the author just stole but had a decent plot than it'll be more pros than cons. But since he over uses Vegeta being taken over then he getting more cons than pros. Through I find the manga a nice read.

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:59 pm

Making Vegeta become the calm, collected mastermind doesn't ruin the character development he had. In fact, it develops him further. At the end of Z, Vegeta has seemingly overcome his unhealthy obsession with beating Goku and doesn't appear to be as arrogant as he was before. Now that he is no longer as obsessed with beating Goku, it would make sense for him become the calm, collected mastermind would progress him as a character. In fact, the reason why Vegeta lost that calm collected mastermind mindeset was because he was so outraged at how powerful Goku was. But now he has no reason to be outraged.
Kinda overused how Vegeta gets taken over...
lol it's VERY overused.
*Sigh*. Notice I said the MAJORITY. Not just me. There is something called the Majority rule. I think you're confusing advantages and disadvantages with Pros and Cons.
Yeah, I doubt that's what the majority thinks, bro. And no, I'm not confusing my terms, bro. I looked them up.
The world's greatest.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:18 pm

Yeah, I doubt that's what the majority thinks, bro. And no, I'm not confusing my terms, bro. I looked them up.
Looking at the decent fan-base. I don't see what you mean. Also I got the explanation from a college professor. I think they would know better than you.

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:27 pm

TheGmGoken wrote: Looking at the decent fan-base. I don't see what you mean. Also I got the explanation from a college professor. I think they would know better than you.
Wait, I'm confused. What do you mean "I don't see what you mean". Also, I got my definition from Google.
The world's greatest.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:29 pm

Also, I got my definition from Google.
College Professor with years of studying > Google. Can't use Google for everything bub.

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:22 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
College Professor with years of studying > Google. Can't use Google for everything bub.

This is probably oen of the terms that has no universally agreed definition.
The world's greatest.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:30 pm

Dr. Machismo wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:

This is probably oen of the terms that has no universally agreed definition.
Fair enough. Nice debate.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:53 pm

One thing I never understood is how people state that Vegeta has been full-out possessed multiple times. I mean, if you really look at, it he's only been TRULY possessed once, and that was by Baby.

When he became a Majin, he was supposed to be like Dabra, Spopovich, Pocus, and the others. Completely Evil and completely obedient to Babidi. But he never was. He allowed Babidi just enough control to grant him further power and reawaken his darkness, but he was never truly possessed. Babidi would give him an order and he basically said "STFU". Vegeta even openly admits that he plotted and allowed Babidi into his mind willingly just to awaken his power. Multiple times in the manga, Babidi attempted to wrestle full control from Vegeta, but Vegeta refused to allow Babidi to completely control him. You could equate it to putting a leash on a rhino. Just because you have it on a leash does not mean you control it.

Baby on the other hand, completely possessed Vegeta. Vegeta fought him off as much as possible, but in the end he becomes completely enslaved to Baby's will. THAT is possession.

Between DBZ and DBGT (movies and filler excluded) the only fighter who has never been controlled or possessed has been Piccolo.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:55 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:Between DBZ and DBGT (movies and filler excluded) the only fighter who has never been controlled or possessed has been Piccolo.
Goku and Mr. Satan have never been possessed.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:56 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote:Between DBZ and DBGT (movies and filler excluded) the only fighter who has never been controlled or possessed has been Piccolo.
Goku and Mr. Satan have never been possessed.
Goku has been possessed before. Captain Ginyu has been in possession of Goku's body. And I don't count Mr. Satan lol

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Between DBZ and DBGT (movies and filler excluded) the only fighter who has never been controlled or possessed has been Piccolo.
Goku
Mark Satan(I'm really digging the name Mark for Mr Satan)
Piccolo
Videl
Nail
Popo
Tien(?)
Nappa(?)
Raditz(?)
Saiyans(?)
Yajoribe
Cell
Freeza
The dragons

? = Unknown if you count being controlled as in slaves or by a Teacher.