Full Power Super Saiyan Multiplier?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Full Power Super Saiyan Multiplier?

Post by Bussani » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:00 pm

yakonojo wrote:How about this theory : SSJ Base is x 50 normal state base.
As you train to achieve FPSSJ, your SSJ increase becomes greater : x65,x75, and so on... Until you reach x100 which is SSJ2.
Wouldn't that make the jump from (Full Power) Super Saiyan to Super Saiyan 2 even less impressive than it already is?
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:03 pm

I have always used 10x multiplier.

Dabooyaka
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dabooyaka » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:40 pm

50x base.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Mystic Gohan wrote:I have always used 10x multiplier.
And it makes zero sense.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:06 pm

A 10x multiplier can work if Kaioken dropped in power but I doubt that.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:12 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
And it makes zero sense.
"I wrote the manga with a 10x multiplier in mind" - Akira Toriyama. Makes no sense?

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:14 pm

Mystic Gohan wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
And it makes zero sense.
"I wrote the manga with a 10x multiplier in mind" - Akira Toriyama. Makes no sense?
That makes no sense at the time he wrote it because Kaioken x20 multiplies the battle power by 20. SSJ would be inferior if it was 10x especially since Kaioken x20 only barely hurt Frieza.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:25 pm

Mystic Gohan wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
And it makes zero sense.
He never said that, Toriyama only said it was hard to picture fifty times on his mind and he draw it with the sense of ten times. That's very different of saying that it was ten times.

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:44 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
Mystic Gohan wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote: And it makes zero sense.
That makes no sense at the time he wrote it because Kaioken x20 multiplies the battle power by 20. SSJ would be inferior if it was 10x especially since Kaioken x20 only barely hurt Freeza.
Oh it is a 50x multiplier in the Freeza saga IMO, but there is some evidence in the Android saga that the multiplier has changed by this point.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Mystic Gohan wrote:there is some evidence in the Android saga that the multiplier has changed by this point.
What evidence?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Enbi

Post by Enbi » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:31 pm

When Base Vegeta shows up and knocks No. 19 off of Goku, No. 20 claims that he'll make things a little more interesting, whereas he refers to the others (Gohan, the humans, and Piccolo while suppressing) as 'pesky flies' (Viz translation, btw). Implies Base Vegeta > Suppressed Piccolo > The rest (he later calls Piccolo the 2nd strongest). Later on, after absorbing Vegeta's blast, he claims that by absorbing the power of Piccolo (while still suppressed), Tien, Kururin, and Gohan, he'd be able to defeat Vegeta. Thinking about this numerically, the absorptions would have to bring him up to range where he can at least hold his own against Vegeta long enough to get a little more chi, and then take the fight. If you have the SSJ multiplier as high as 50x, it's impossible to make this work, all things considered.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Which would mean that either it's plot hole or Dr. Gero's calculations were off, again. Maybe the multiplier could drop in Cell Games, or Boo arc, because Goku & co. could have drawn more of their dormant power by training, but during early Artificial Humans arc? No, just no. Zero sense in my book.

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:47 pm

Gero's automatically wrong for no good reason whatsoever? Nice.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:06 pm

Mystic Gohan wrote:Gero's automatically wrong for no good reason whatsoever? Nice.
Snarky attitude? Nice. Oh wait, no it isn't. Be careful.

Anyway, Gero was wrong about pretty much everything up to that point. Not hard to believe he'd be wrong about his fool-proof plan to overpower an 18-wheeler truck with the combined power of 3 matchbox cars.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Enbi

Post by Enbi » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:17 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Which would mean that either it's plot hole or Dr. Gero's calculations were off, again. Maybe the multiplier could drop in Cell Games, or Boo arc, because Goku & co. could have drawn more of their dormant power by training, but during early Artificial Humans arc? No, just no. Zero sense in my book.
That really doesn't matter. I don't have any problems with others disregarding it, personally, but it doesn't make any sense to. If Toriyama wants to correct a statement, he will. Maybe this is what he meant by seeing 50x hard to fit in or whatever? A stretch, given his memory, but who knows?

In any case, the Kaio-ken and Oozaru were never seen again after that, so they don't hold much relevancy to whatever to multiplier might be later on IMO. There's no plausible explanation, so I can see where you're coming from, but the plot requires it to be that way.

But oh well, I don't make so big a deal out of this, I just prefer to go with it.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:15 pm

Mystic Gohan wrote:Gero's automatically wrong for no good reason whatsoever? Nice.
I don't believe that Vegeta showed his full power for Gero to make the correct calculations to defeat Vegeta when he is in full power. Piccolo wasn't sure if Vegeta was stronger than Goku, and if Vegeta had showed his full power, Piccolo should know the definite answer if Vegeta really is stronger or not, since Piccolo knows Goku's full power because they were training together for 3 years.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Gero being wrong makes more sense than the Super Saiyan multiplier suddenly changing. After all, he fell for Vegeta's bluff, so clearly he isn't the best judge of other character's powers.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:38 pm

I think Piccolo wasn't sure if Vegeta was stronger mainly because their powers were more close than not. When they fly off to find Gero (after he uses his diversion against Bulma), Piccolo seems more sure of Vegeta's upperhand on Goku:
Chapter: 348 (DBZ 154), P5.5
Context: after Vegeta leaves to fight No.17 and No.18
Piccolo: “…But…It seems that Vegeta really has obtained power surpassing Goku now that he’s become a Super Saiyan…He just might be able to take care of them like he says…”
Of course, this could just be Piccolo being impressed by his confidence. I think by this point, he just has a better understanding of Vegeta's power.

Like I mentioned before, I believe Gero's power scanner has a limit, so I think his entire plan on obtaining enough power to defeat Vegeta is merely guesswork.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Mystic Gohan
Regular

Post by Mystic Gohan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
I don't believe that Vegeta showed his full power for Gero to make the correct calculations to defeat Vegeta when he is in full power. Piccolo wasn't sure if Vegeta was stronger than Goku, and if Vegeta had showed his full power, Piccolo should know the definite answer if Vegeta really is stronger or not, since Piccolo knows Goku's full power because they were training together for 3 years.
Piccolo can't tell who's stronger, because they are so close in power, not because he hasn't gone to full power. He even says later on that Vegeta does have power slightly superior to Goku. Anyway, Gero was right about 19 being able to manage SSjin Goku and he was right about 17 and 18 being able to pummel the SSjin's. Just because someone is wrong once or twice is no reason to discard every statement of his.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:14 pm

He was only right about 19 because Goku's sickness got the better of him.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!