Final Bout

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

doctahdawg

Final Bout

Post by doctahdawg » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:18 pm

How are combos done in Final Bout? I can never extend a move; I can only do one attack at a time, never continuously.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:26 pm

I though the only comobs you could do were the meteo attacks. The game is dar to slow for punch-punch-kick combos.

ngnikolaos
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ngnikolaos » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:56 pm

There are no combo attacks in Final Bout, due to extremely low speed. However, 90% of the characters' special moves are 3-4 hit combos. For instance, Down, Forward and Punch causes Goku to do a 4-punch combo.

If you want all the combos for all characters, go to www.gamefaqs.com , search for "Final Bout", and when you see the results, click on the "FAQ" link. It will display all faqs written by various people for this game.

Here's a quick link:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/197147.html

choose any faq you like.

Have fun! (although with Final Bout, it's going to be a bit difficult) :D
"Destiny"... people claim by force what they desire, wreak havoc upon others in order to acquire it... and they call it "destiny".

doctahdawg

Post by doctahdawg » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:22 pm

Thanks for the info. Although, when fighting against the computer, it always manages to do a bunch of moves that never give me a chance to guard against. I just end up being hit 20 times and dying without a counter attack. I thought, if the computer can do something like that, why can't I? Anyway, thanks again.

ngnikolaos
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ngnikolaos » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:53 am

Actually, you can.

The guard system in Final Bout is really lame. Pick SSJ Goku for instance, and go next to the opponent, then tap punch, punch, punch, punch, punch....etc etc etc.

THE CPU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COUNTER AND YOU WILL WIN THE MATCH FLAWLESSLY.

Final Bout is the worst DB game ever, because of it's lousy game mechanics. My friend, you're MUCH better off by playing Budokai 3 and Budokai Tenkaichi when it comes out.

But if you only have a PS1, buy Ultimate Battle 22 from cd universe http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... =265760871

I loved that game back in 1997, and I still think it's the best 32-Bit DBZ game ever (yes, even better than Shin Butoden for the Sega Saturn). The sprite collision is excellent, every character is played entirely differently (like in the 2D street Figther 2 games), and the music is outstanding.

The moves are not spectacular though.
"Destiny"... people claim by force what they desire, wreak havoc upon others in order to acquire it... and they call it "destiny".

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:10 am

Ever noticed how Super Trunks can constantly repeat his attacks without any delays? It took me a full minute before my executed "Combo Breaker" would kick in.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]