Your First Dragon Ball Message Board

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Your First Dragon Ball Message Board

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:47 pm

What was the first Dragon Ball web forum do you remember joining? I think mine was the Budokai forum on Gamefaqs in 2002. I also remember lurking on Planet Namek when it had it's own forum. Kanzenshuu is the only DB forum I'm active in now since the other old DBZ sites died out over the years. Forums like MFG and Dranet are long gone.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Your First Dragon Ball Message Board

Post by Saiga » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:49 pm

It was this one. :P I'm not much of a forum guy, actually.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:51 pm

This one. Daizex/Kanzenshuu was the first DB message board I ever joined.

The only other DB message board I was a member on was more fanfic-oriented (I joined there several years after I was already a member on Daizex's forums) ; but over time the traffic ended up slowing down there, people stopped posting, so I don't really visit there anymore.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:55 pm

This one right here!
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Probably the FUNimation Forums, if you count that. I joined that during my...last year of high school I think, and I became a regular over there pretty quickly. After that I joined these forums around the same time. Though it's only recently that I've decided to become more active around here.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:05 pm

Not sure if the Japan - Dragon Ball Z AOL chat room counts, but that and some perhaps Wizard Magazine-related comics spin-off DBZ message board also on AOL... followed shortly thereafter by alt.fan.dragonball.

Someone older than me please respond. Drop some rec.arts.anime nonsense in this jazz.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:26 pm

This would be it.
VegettoEX wrote:Not sure if the Japan - Dragon Ball Z AOL chat room counts, but that and some perhaps Wizard Magazine-related comics spin-off DBZ message board also on AOL... followed shortly thereafter by alt.fan.dragonball.

Someone older than me please respond. Drop some rec.arts.anime nonsense in this jazz.
Wow. I remember that Wizard Comics stuff.

I miss that magazine.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:29 pm

That would be this message board. I almost joined Atari's Dragon Ball Z video game forum before joining Kanzenshuu, but ultimately decided against it.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:34 pm

There are other Dragon Ball message boards? :eh:

Seriously though, this one. I've browsed other DB boards, but this is the only one that isn't teeth-grindingly dub-leaned.

(Well, I do sometimes go to Funimation's own, but rarely.)
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:41 pm

Sinestro wrote:
I miss that magazine.
So do I. I also do remember that there was some type of web board for the official DBZ website at one point. I remember that they would ban people for swearing.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:48 pm

Dont remember which exactly but it was in 1996.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:53 pm

This one. In fact, it's the first message board that I ever joined in general.
-Joey

Ketchup_Revenge
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ketchup_Revenge » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:01 pm

Pojos for me (Which sucked). Then MFG, then Daizenshuu EX... which is obviously this one.

To be entirely honest, I was under the name SaiyajinPerfection on MFG, but changed my name to LordGojira, before re-registering under my personalized name KetchupRevenge (and I told everyone I had no clue who SaiyajinPerfection was). People didn't like me and called me SaiyajinPussy, that's why I re-registered. But regardless, SaiyajinPerfection was my favorite of my DBZ usernames that I ever had.
Last edited by Ketchup_Revenge on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wipe it off the tile, the light is brighter this time, everything is 3D blasphemy.
My eyes are red and gold, the hair is standing straight up, this is not the way I picture me.
I can't control my shakes, how the hell did I get here? Something about this, so very wrong.
I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn't like this. Is it a dream or a memory?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:03 pm

Dragon Ball Online Community was my first. But I abandoned the site a year or so ago. This is my second message board and being the best site for dragonball, It will probably be the only one I stick with.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:05 pm

Pojo had a forum? Huh. I never knew about that. If I'd known, I'd probably have joined back in the day, since I perused their Unofficial Guide magazine...thing (this one here) quite religiously earlier into my fandom.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:11 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Pojo had a forum? Huh. I never knew about that. If I'd known, I'd probably have joined back in the day, since I perused their Unofficial Guide magazine...thing (this one here) quite religiously earlier into my fandom.
Nostalgia had me pick up both magazines a few years ago.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:14 pm

I'd definitely pick up a new copy if I ever ran across one while I had the cash, my old one is in pieces. Literally. Some pages are in one place while others are somewhere else, and others still are long lost to the ravages of time. That magazine was huge for me at the time though, I got to read all about the original anime series for the first time, as well as all about GT. Good times. Thinking back, I can remember how AWFUL some of the screen shots in the character guide were though, haha.
Twitter

Ketchup_Revenge
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ketchup_Revenge » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:18 pm

Oooohhh, how awesomely bad those magazines were....

They asked for a vote on one of their "Gohan" covers one time, and the character on the cover was clearly Vegetto, with Goku and Chi Chi in the background. :roll:
I wipe it off the tile, the light is brighter this time, everything is 3D blasphemy.
My eyes are red and gold, the hair is standing straight up, this is not the way I picture me.
I can't control my shakes, how the hell did I get here? Something about this, so very wrong.
I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn't like this. Is it a dream or a memory?

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Atari Forums... back in the day.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:25 pm

My first Dragon Ball forum was this one. Heck, it was my first forum in general.