More Supersonic Warriors 2 information

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotenx » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:21 am

What is up with the mariachi band in the backround! I demand to know! I HATE mariachi bands! THEY SHOULD ALL BURN IN THE FIRES OF HELL! (If your wondering why I hate them, PM me).

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:43 am

If you hate mariachi, you probalby haven't seen the Brock Lesnar mariachi video.

On topic: The game doesn't look that good consodering the DS's power.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:04 am

I agree with Jord. Graphically at least, it doesn't look like it's taking advantage of the power, and really looks like it could've been done on the GBA to me. In fact, the sprites look the exact same to me, except a little more shading maybe.

But, I've never been one to be turned off from a game by the graphics, and this game still looks really fun to me. :P
I certainly enjoyed the first one.

Ash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:58 pm

Scans from Jeux France, Bardock is in the story mode? >.> And Vejitto is in the game? Didn't knew that ^^

page 1
Page 2
[i]"Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God's good earth"[/i] - The Lamp of God, Ellery Queen

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:44 pm

Are Broly, Bardock and Vegetto playable? If not, I'm not paying for a DS just for one game.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:13 am

Can't say I like all those portraits. Some of them just look "off" to me.
Dayspring wrote:Are Broly, Bardock and Vegetto playable? If not, I'm not paying for a DS just for one game.
Dunno about Bardock, but Vegetto is shown in a match here:
http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/I ... _1_big.jpg

While Brolli is shown in two here:
http://media.ds.ign.com/media/682/68286 ... 86409.html

Mugenmidget
Regular

Post by Mugenmidget » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:21 am

Not to mention that I believe "shredder" Cooler and Mecha Cooler are playable.

It's a movie extravaganza!

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:44 am

I saw a screenshot where you can see Majin Buu talking to Frieza. I think we'll be getting a lot of "what-if" storylines this time and that's a good thing.
The résistance dies but never gives up.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:26 pm

Leotaku wrote:Can't say I like all those portraits. Some of them just look "off" to me.
Dayspring wrote:Are Broly, Bardock and Vegetto playable? If not, I'm not paying for a DS just for one game.
Dunno about Bardock, but Vegetto is shown in a match here:
http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/I ... _1_big.jpg

While Brolli is shown in two here:
http://media.ds.ign.com/media/682/68286 ... 86409.html
Thanks for the first pic: I originally thought that was Goku.

Thanks a HELL of a lot for the second: it shows that SSW2 is even more a la Capacom VS Marvel style.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:50 pm

Not to mention that I believe "shredder" Cooler and Mecha Cooler are playable.
Heh. You have to wonder if that's why Score called his card "Cooler, the Shredder".

Am I the only one who's having trouble viewing the "page 1" from Jeux France?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:04 am

Dayspring wrote:Thanks a HELL of a lot for the second: it shows that SSW2 is even more a la Capacom VS Marvel style.
I never looked at it that way, but yeah, it does seem to be getting more over-the-top, like some of Capcom's fighters.
Those double teams look so cool, especially that Goku and Piccolo VS Brolli. It looks like Goku's kicking him towards Piccolo, who's gonna smash him into the ground. :P
Wish I had a DS to try this game out...

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:31 pm

Leotaku wrote:Those double teams look so cool, especially that Goku and Piccolo VS Brolli. It looks like Goku's kicking him towards Piccolo, who's gonna smash him into the ground. :P
There's also a shot of the "Father-Son Kamehameha".

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:03 pm

I hope you can play as SSJ3 Goku.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:15 pm

Mike D wrote:
Leotaku wrote:Those double teams look so cool, especially that Goku and Piccolo VS Brolli. It looks like Goku's kicking him towards Piccolo, who's gonna smash him into the ground. :P
There's also a shot of the "Father-Son Kamehameha".
AKA: Sakura+Ryu+Ken Super Hadoken. Did I say that? Yes I did. :P

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:06 am

LaRésistance wrote:I saw a screenshot where you can see Majin Buu talking to Freeza. I think we'll be getting a lot of "what-if" storylines this time and that's a good thing.
I hope we do see the return of the what-if storylines because I loved them in SSW1.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:17 pm

Caracal wrote:
LaRésistance wrote:I saw a screenshot where you can see Majin Buu talking to Freeza. I think we'll be getting a lot of "what-if" storylines this time and that's a good thing.
I hope we do see the return of the what-if storylines because I loved them in SSW1.
Hell, they were the highlight of SSW1. It would be awesome to play a Bardock one where he defeats Freeza instead of dieing. How would that turn out?

Caracal
Regular

Post by Caracal » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:36 pm

Maybe he'd follow Goku to Earth and raise him or something. Anyway I to would be interested in seeing a what if story involving him. I'd rather see him in SSW2 than Vegetto (not a big Vegetto fan).

Infact I wouldn't be surprised if Bardock turned Super Saiyan (I once came up with a theory that the key to the Super Saiyan power is a gene that exists inside a saiyans body and can be passed down generations, hence why Goku, Gohan, Goten and Goku Jr could all transform).

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:02 pm

Caracal wrote:Maybe he'd follow Goku to Earth and raise him or something. Anyway I to would be interested in seeing a what if story involving him.
That could work. They could have Bardock escape before Planet Vegeta is blown up by Freezer, and he goes to Earth in search for his son. Then he finds Goku before Gohan does, and raises him himself, and since he doesn't fall off a cliff and damage his memory or whatever, he keeps his natural evilness. =P

This game really does look like a Marvel VS Capcom game, and the Marvel VS Capcom games were awesome, so i'm looking forward to this. By the looks of things, you'll be able to play as more forms then the previous Supersonic Warriors. I mean, i didn't like how you could only be SSJ2 Gohan in the first one, i'm glad you can be his base in this.
Like Gotenks, he had 3 levels, so i don't see why they didn't have Lv1 his base, Lv2 Super Saiyan and LV3 Super Saiyan 3.
SSW2 looks promising. *crosses fingers for a playable Bardock*

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:27 pm

Judging by the screenshots, looks like they're as confused as a ton of fans are about how to spell Goku's name. o_O One screenshot shows it as "Gokou" while the magazine scan shows a screenshot with "Goku."

Looks nifty though and it'll be a slight step up from the somewhat limited Supersonic Warriors on the GBA.