Your favorite emotionally satisfying moments

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Your favorite emotionally satisfying moments

Post by ABED » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:38 pm

My favorite moments are the end of the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai, Goku killing Piccolo Daimao, Goku finally winning the Tenkaichi Tournament, arriving in time to save Gohan from Nappa, Gohan turning Super Saiyan 2, and Z Team helping out Gohan even though they know they are outmatched. If I had to pick just one, I'd have to say the first one.

The end of the 22nd Tournament is so beautiful, not just Goku and Tenshinhan shaking hands as the crowd gives them a standing ovation, but the first person Goku sees after the battle is his best friend. It's a really beautiful moment between the two.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Re: Your favorite emotionally satisfying moments

Post by Hitiro » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:20 pm

Does it matter what type of emotion? Because one of my favourite parts of the story is Goku sacrificing himself to save the world in the Cell Games. Made me choke up inside despite it being not real.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Vegeta's sacrifice. It almost makes me shed a tear each time I see it.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:57 pm

Speaking of sacrifices....Piccolo's comes to mind. The final villian of the first series (I watched it long before reading the manga) sacrificing himself in one final act of redemption to save the son of his former enemy... awesome.
And then when Gohan chooses to honor Piccolo by wearing his uniform during the Cell Games, that was the first time I ever had an "awww" moment in a TV show. The relationship between the two of them is my favorite in the series, and I wish they had done more with it after the Cell Games.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:05 pm

Goku meeting grandpa Gohan at Baba's tournament :) the only time we see Goku crying.
It's all GOOD

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:11 pm

Terra-jin wrote:Goku meeting grandpa Gohan at Baba's tournament :) the only time we see Goku crying.
I can't believe I forgot that. Part of that moment that I also love is when Gohan tells Goku that he's proud that he made friends who loved him so much, and Goku looks over at his friends to see them worried he might die. It's a really sweet moment.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:19 pm

I really love when Vegeta attacked Cell after Trunks was killed. It was such an intense way to show that he'd developed an attachment to his child in some way.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:25 pm

Bora being wished back to life in the anime. It's still pretty satisfying in the manga, but that montage of Goku and Upa heading back to Karin Tower while "The Blue Travelers" plays just gets me. Vegeta sacrificing himself is another.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

KaaN10

Post by KaaN10 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:28 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:40 am

It's Anime only, but when Goku and Tenshinhan are being carried towards each other and everyone starts clapping.

I love that. I don't know why, but I do. :)

Scott
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scott » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:14 am

Terra-jin wrote:Goku meeting grandpa Gohan at Baba's tournament :) the only time we see Goku crying.
Yep i agree.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:08 am

Actually we do see Goku crying one other time - after he gets revenge by killing Piccolo Daimao. You can see tears in his eyes as he screams "Kuririn, Old Timer Turtle Hermit! I did it!" or something akin to that. It's that along with Yajirobe saving Goku that make it such a wonderful moment.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:11 pm

All of these moments were satisfying for me. I list the ones that never left me.

When Muten Roshi scares the crap out of Daimo with the denshi jar and performs the mafuba. It was so awesome to see the old man not only shine, but give that demon such a scare to the point he sweats, and runs away like a coward.

When Goku hugs it out with Grandpa Gohan after their fight. It was really touching to see Goku of all people cry of happiness.

Every time Mezase Tenkaichi played during the Tenkaichi Budoaki (Goku vs Jackie Chun, 22nd preliminaries, Goku vs Krillin) perfectly sets the mood

When Yamcha fought Tenshinhan with Wolf hurricane playing. Awesome fight, awesome song.

Every Tournament fight

Krillins death with everyones reaction. So sad, and touching.

Kaioken x3/x4 vs Galick Gun(not using the Japanese term I don't know how to spell)

Anytime Piccolo and "An Outcome-Switching Recovery" mix together. Makes me smile.

Vegeta going all out on Freeza "I am a Super Saiyan, and you can burn in hell"

Freeza when he has the spotlight. (vs Nail, vs Vegeta both times, killing Krillin with his best insert song ever, fighting Piccolo, fighting Goku)

Vegeta's death in the original Japanese and Kai. Music placement in both is amazing (but the kikuhi theme beats out Yamamoto barely)

x20 Kaioken Kamehameha/Goku's vision. Emotionally touching and epic.

The first Super Saiyan Transformation. Epic when I first saw it and still is now.

Goku giving Freeza one last chance and Freeza throwing it away. (So epic to see Goku slowly turn, get pissed, then go SSJ) English dub of kai nailed that.

Freeza's "death" with Ginyus transformation (idk it works so well tha faulconer theme as after a long fight we get an epic conclusion)

Trunks shows up with Battle point unlimited playing. Need I say anything about that.

Trunks and Cold (heroic face off) love that placement.

Vegeta going SSJ (Fierce battle and the funi theme works well with this)

Piccolo fusing with Kami and smacking 17 around.

Perfect Form Transformation. Massive scale transformation.

Cell kicking the crap out of Vegeta. Put the smug bastard in his place.

Vegeta's final flash.

Trunks vs Cell lone Warrior part. Love that theme in the fight and the transformation of Trunks.

Every moment of Mr. Satan ever (specifically Chris Rager)

The entire Full Power SSJ Goku vs Cell fight. possibly my favourite choreographed fight in Z.

Gohan goes SSJ2. Most peoples favourite moment.

Gohan beating the crap out of Cell.

Cells first experience of true fear as he calls it.

First Kamehameha clash between Gohan and Cell.

Goku's sacrifice with Courage fills the heart. My favourite sacrifice moment with the best song for it.

Vegeta attacks Cell with his moment of realization and care for his son.

Gohan kills Cell/ Kamehameha struggle

Gohan Goes SSJ2 at the Tenkaichi Budokai.

Vegeta becomes evil again.

The whole SSJ2 Goku vs Majin Vegeta fight

Vegeta's sacrifice. Really touching and best with Ryo Horikawa.

Goku goes SSJ3 with funi theme. (come one you gotta love the SSJ3 theme)

Gotenks messing around with Super Boo

SSJ3 Gotenks transformation.

Gohan's outburst on Elder Kaioshin.

Gohan releasing his Ultimate potential.

Gohan kicking the crap out of Super Boo

Super Boo's pure rage

Bootenks/Boohan's smart ass behavior (much better then Gotenks's)

Vegetto in general (being over powered Super Saiyan and he is hilarious)

Kid Boo fight (all of it)

The ending Genki-Dama

Piccolo's sacrificie in GT (I prefer it over Z actually because he choose to die here) (yeah a GT moment)

GT's ending. Really touching and makes me sad watching it.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:25 am

Goten meeting Goku for the first time.

Nobody mentioned it? :(

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:27 pm

Vegeta sacrificing himself, and hugging Trunks telling him to look after Bulma and that he was proud of him.

Least emotional moments... Probably watching Majjin Buu take a dump. - Although i believe laughter is an emotion actually...
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:36 pm

Vegeta's sacrifice. I still get goosebumps now. Ryō Horikawa was outstanding in that scene, everything just went together perfectly.