What is the most valuable DBZ collectible?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MarCas92
Regular

What is the most valuable DBZ collectible?

Post by MarCas92 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:36 pm

I know that Dragon Ball Z2 is the rarest game, but how much is it worth?
Dragon Box 2 in the US ranges from 350 to 700 usually.
Both the Japanese DBZ Dragon Boxes range from 1000-1500 dollars.
Could it be the Bandai Super Posable SSJ Goku Yadrat Figure?
Maybe it's some of the original japanese masters film?

Do you guys know of anything rarer/more valuable? Do you own anything that valuable?
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Re: What is the most valuable DBZ collectible?

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:34 am

There's also the first US print of Dragon Ball: Final Bout (It had the GT title). I believe only 10,000 were printed in '97. It's not to be confused with the 2004 reprint, though. That's common as fuck.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:19 am

Other than Dragon Box 2, maybe Raging Blast 2 (has the original Yamamoto score), DB Kai BD Parts 1-4 and RB1 Limited Edition.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:18 am

Insertclevername wrote:There's also the first US print of Dragon Ball: Final Bout (It had the GT title). I believe only 10,000 were printed in '97. It's not to be confused with the 2004 reprint, though. That's common as fuck.
That's valuable? I own two copies.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:28 pm

Maybe the father son kamehameha. I haven't seen that dip down in price yet. A line of bootlegs came out last year though.

So maybe the Ichiban Kuji limited gold versions like Shenron? Otherwise i don't know :lol:

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:31 pm

Beji wrote:Image
I saw one similar like this on eBay but it said "DRASON BALL Z" instead, it looked really amazing though.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:34 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Beji wrote:Image
I saw one similar like this on eBay but it said "DRASON BALL Z" instead, it looked really amazing though.
Its still a bootleg and It bothers me to no end. I asked one of the sellers to send me more pictures of the bootlegs. The quality is okay and though it doesnt look like a terrible knockoff it isn't right to buy a bootleg for 60-70$+ and know you have a LQ ripoff of the real thing in my opinion :/

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:42 pm

The rarest US DBZ DVDs are actually the original Cell Games singles set with the filler box and Cell Games - Earth's Last Hope with the original cover, but they're hardly valuable because of their relative obscurity.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:04 pm

Probably my Dragonbox's. I'm never ever gonna sell them, Dragonball is forever.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

FindKenshi
Advanced Regular

Post by FindKenshi » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:33 pm

I've never seen a figurine as amazing as that Father Son Kamehameha.. I didn't think craftsmanship like that was possible.. it looks like it's right out of the anime...
... I gotta just come right out and ask this... is that thing real? Like, it's not a photoshop?
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution!" -Evil Lord Freeza
The best and most powerful villain in Dragon Ball

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:56 pm

FindKenshi wrote:I've never seen a figurine as amazing as that Father Son Kamehameha.. I didn't think craftsmanship like that was possible.. it looks like it's right out of the anime...
... I gotta just come right out and ask this... is that thing real? Like, it's not a photoshop?
It is not photoshop. It is 100% beautiful.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:06 am

That figure certainly is beautiful. Where would one find that? What is it called/who designed it?

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:14 am

bleed0range wrote:That figure certainly is beautiful. Where would one find that? What is it called/who designed it?
I don't think one WOULD find that anymore without it costing them 500+$ I saw them for around 900$ when I was looking for real ones before but that was before the bootlegs came out.

It was called Dragonball Z Goku Gohan - Doramatic DioRAMA Father Son Kamehameha and made by Proovy

They were normal priced at one point..http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10090699

Treklin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Treklin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:57 am

Banpresto's Double Chance Broly

I think I saw it somewhere on the web for $999.90 ... Only 100 pieces do exist and I saw a review here http://dbtoys2009.blog.163.com/
The word "KAI" means in the old North Germanic language Frisian "Kämpfer engl. Fighter" respectively "Krieger engl. Warrior"!

oXdanXo
Regular

Post by oXdanXo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:30 am

Treklin wrote:Image

Banpresto's Double Chance Broly

I think I saw it somewhere on the web for $999.90 ... Only 100 pieces do exist and I saw a review here http://dbtoys2009.blog.163.com/
Yeah, there's a few figures (Ichiban Kuji) that are worth so much. They're the collectables of Dragon Ball since they were made on a small run with the intent of being won through a lottery.

Dragon Box 2 is a DVD Box set, with a limited run but I would hardly call it collectable. There are soo many out there that the people paying high prices could just be patient and get it eventually when the right price comes up. That could never happen with certain ichiban Kuji pieces.
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:48 am

I started collecting exactly one year after they dropped that Father-Son Kamehameha fig and never found it afterwards.
Forever regret that one.
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:35 pm

Been wanting to post here for a while. Rare items are something I find myself much more interested in than modern releases.

As for video games, I wouldn't be so quick to say that DBZ 2V is the rarest. There was a gold cased '90 Limited Edition version of Dragonball Z: Kyôshū! Saiya-jin for the Famicom that was given away only once at a festival (Jump Festa I think) in 1990 (but I don't know how many copies). There was also a limited release gold cased MEMORIAL VERSION of Dragonball Z II: Gekishin Freeza in 1991. Both are extremely rare, and I would put them as the most valuable games.

Image Image

Image Image

For other video games, there is a few unique cases that could be considered more rare, and thus more valuable. There was a prototype released of Dragonball: Daimaō Fukkatsu. There was the 3DO game Dragonball Z: Cell to Kogeki Da (much like a Wii boxing game) that was never fully released, but playable to the public at a few promotional events, so we know at least some stage of the game was completed, and presumably stored away somewhere. And lastly I just thought I'd throw this in, since I didn't have any arcade games in this list, and this is definitely the rarest. This one is owned by user pekingduck, and is the only one I've ever seen photographed. It is from way back in the 1980's and was the first Dragon Ball arcade style game.

Image Image Image

Now onto other collectibles, there are also CD's. Since I'm getting lazy I'm just gonna throw up images from my Photobucket account, not the best, but the best there is for some of these. More info on the first two on these over on the site.

There were the two Dragon Ball CD's given away at Jump Festa in 1993 and 1994 respectively. Then at Jump Festa 1996 there was a Karaoke CD. Another Jump Festa giveaway was a Jumpland Dragon Ball PC typing game.

Image Image
Image Image

As far as guidebooks go, they can pretty much all be picked up at any time online if you're willing to spend high amounts of currency. Even the game guides are rather prevalent still. The one I've never seen for sale on line (and it's not even on the main site yet) is the Idainaru DragonBall Densetsu Jump magazine giveaway guide. It features some designs and development segments and a few small interviews.

For other valuable items, there are many production pieces that qualify as valuable as well as anything else does. Script booklets and original films are two things I often see floating around and in people's collections, and are about as valuable a collectible as you can get, in my opinion. That's all I've got for now, I just kind of threw this list and collection of images together on a whim this morning over breakfast, so I apologize if it looks a little haphazard. But I'd love to see anything else from anyone else!