"DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Re: "DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Th

Post by Quebaz » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:10 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:
Quebaz wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote:No in-game transformations is not OK, I'm not sure what they were thinking. Honestly combine BT1 and Super DBZ with Ssj God and Beers and you have BoZ.
Except that you know, gameplay-wise Super DBZ was awesome and BT1 was garbage since day 1.

These gameplay videos are making me having interest in the game, I also noticed how there's only one button for melee, let's hope it's like zenkai battle royal and the combo changes deppending on the directions you press. Also, no in-game transformations kinda suck, specially in a game like this, where I suppose the battles will take a long time, again, let's hope it's like Zenkai and the transformations have movesets and animations completely different from the base form.
The gameplay is BT1's. Seriously, look at it. The same 1 combo :yawn: . I also think I meant Legends, is that the 4-player one? Also, why the hell is triangle the melee attack?
It's also one button in ZBR, but you see like 4 to 5 different combinations, like I said, It does look pretty dull, then again, so do games like Gundam VS at first glance.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Well, I don't like that you'll always have to be on a team of four. Not happy with the lack of in-game transformations, either. The gameplay looked a bit better than past videos, but that's about it. I'm not sure what to think about this game.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:37 pm

Well the trailer definitely did its job in making the game seem fun.. Beers and Whis' english voices are meh.

Beers sounds like a low pitched Pegasus from Yugioh and Whis sorta sounds like how I would expect him to sound like the feminine guy type.

All in all, call me when the game hits the bargain bin for 15-20 dollars at Walmart or Amazon or something.. either that or I'll just wait for the sequel.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:38 pm

I'll probably buy it off a disappointed friend for $20 shortly after he buys it. This is an innovative game, it just has killer flaws. It's worth about 20 for me.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:17 pm

The online mode looks like fun though. I can't wait for us to set up Kanzenshuu game night :lol: .
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:36 pm

^ Oh yeah, I hadn't thought about that.
This might be the first game in which members from Kanzenshuu will be able to join forces and form a Dragon Team.
Members around here are quite cooperative with each other, imagine what such fights against a strong opponent alongside members around here could feel like.

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Holy sh*t! Did anyone else notice this?! Bills from Battle of Gods has almost the same design as a character from the classic anime, The Slayers. In episode 6 of The Slayers Revolution: FALL ON! Strange Festival! Bizarre Festival? Push That Ball Up! When the main characters are finished eating their meal there is a picture of "Bills" on the wall. The difference in design is that his ears are small...but that's it! Also, I zoomed in close on the picture and noticed the name under the picture was "Nills"! One letter off! Battle of Gods was announced pretty recently, but this episode of the Slayers was released around 2008-2009!
I'll try to find a picture, but for now look for the episode on YouTube or something and you'll see it for yourself!
Episode link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULhXH6erTHc
Image link: Image
Last edited by hulkty on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Silkman3003 wrote:http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/19/yo ... ttle-of-z/
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z is different from other Dragon Ball fighting games. It’s a 4 vs. 4 fighting game, but not a battle royale like the arcade game Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale. Players always are in a team with four fighters, even in story mode where you get three AI controlled characters on your team. There are three story routes in Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z. You can go through the main DBZ story, play through the story from the perspective of the enemies, and a story with unusual scenarios like fighting all of Freeza’s four forms at once. You can one shot knockout other characters with ultimate attacks like Goku’s Spirit Bomb. This attack has players mash triangle to charge it then input a button prompts (triangle and square) to unleash it. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z does not have any transformations. If you play as Super Saiyan Goku you cannot go to Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3 or Super Saiyan God. You’re locked into whatever form you select when the battle starts. To balance the game, powered up characters get less slots to equip powerups.[
Damn. They really want people not to buy it.
theoriginalbilis wrote:http://youtu.be/xM8wGzFFcgE

New gameplay video. This player actually looked to be better than some of the previous players we've seen. :D
Meh. Looks OK but still very flawed, the beams need to be worked, there isn't much freedom in fighting (or a proper 3D fight) though rather press this and that button, plus the alert noise is annoying as it repeats constantly during the battle.

Well, it's ARTDINK's first DBZ game so maybe they should be forgiven but they've been developing this game supposedly from 2011 to 2014 so that's plenty of time. Get it right, there's still time.

Oh by the way, replacement music again? Ultimate Blast's score isn't bad but for a new game this shouldn't be happening.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:07 pm

so, is there no 1 vs 1???
Someone hit me up when Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu :lolno:, Goten, Buu, and Gohan :!: :!: :!: become relevant again :?

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:08 pm

hey, can i join in on your kanzenshuu game night :D :D :D :P
Someone hit me up when Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu :lolno:, Goten, Buu, and Gohan :!: :!: :!: become relevant again :?

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:10 pm

hulkty, that looks like Barney the Dinosaur!! :lol: :lol:

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:10 pm

supersaiyan DbZ fan wrote:so, is there no 1 vs 1???
Nope, no 1 VS 1.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:13 pm

Hasn't there been a situation in the past where a DBZ demo used older game music, but the final product ends up with a new soundtrack?

I can't help but feel we've been in this situation before with the RB series...
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:26 pm

What about the kid buu fight???

GogetaSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GogetaSSJ2 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:33 pm

I would like to join in on the Kanzenshuu game night as well. But I only have a PS3 and it looks like theres a lot of Xbox users on these forums :(
PSN: Nightwing7841

"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your destruction!" - Gogeta

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:38 pm

I'm worried that there will be too many xbox users that I won't even get a chance :lol:

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:43 pm

supersaiyan DbZ fan wrote:I'm worried that there will be too many xbox users that I won't even get a chance :lol:
A chance to?

People still play actively RB2 on the 360 and UB too but the issue with online Dragon Ball games is that they've never been based around online gaming as BoZ will be aiming to. Too little too late.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:57 pm

Yeah, I guess.........

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:15 pm

Why are people so upset about no offline play? Games these days are always online now.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:33 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Why are people so upset about no offline play? Games these days are always online now.
Because some of us do live in areas where the internet isn't always accessible, and even when it is, it's not exactly 'fast' internet. It's the same reason so many people had issues when the X-Box One was originally going to require 24/7 internet access - because requiring such a thing is kind of a broken product, IMO.

In my own case, most of my two-player gaming is between me and my girlfriend when she comes over. When I can just have her come over and play a game, why should an internet connection be required?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)