Episode #0333 (12 May 2013)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0333 (12 May 2013)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 13, 2013 8:36 pm

Episode #0333 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (YouTube version)
46:38; 96 kbps, mono; 32.2 MB

Episode #0333! VegettoEX and Julian dive in to the new "Chōgashū" ("Super Art Collection") released this week in Japan. Does this expanded edition of the first Daizenshuu contain enough both reprinted and new material alike to make any artwork-appreciating fan go nuts? Video game and movie ticket sales wrap-up the news, and that's a show! Referenced sites:
Enjoy the brief little breather with us!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Episode #0333 (12 May 2013)

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:48 pm

I hope podcasts stick to the 40 minute mark. Its much more enjoyable to listen to a smaller timeframe podcast then listening for over an hour which makes me not want to sit through it all.

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Post by Majin Buu » Tue May 14, 2013 12:05 am

Quick question. Julian said the cover art for the various Daizenshuu is in this book. Is it just the cover art for Daizsenshuu 1-7 ? Or is the cover art for the supplementary books included as well?

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue May 14, 2013 12:07 am

dbzfan7 wrote:I hope podcasts stick to the 40 minute mark. Its much more enjoyable to listen to a smaller timeframe podcast then listening for over an hour which makes me not want to sit through it all.
Depends though. Sometimes topics just happen to take longer than others.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Tue May 14, 2013 12:15 am

Majin Buu wrote:Quick question. Julian said the cover art for the various Daizenshuu is in this book. Is it just the cover art for Daizsenshuu 1-7 ? Or is the cover art for the supplementary books included as well?
The art for the two Carddass Perfect File volumes is included, but the art for the Supplemental Daizenshuu was not drawn by Akira Toriyama, and is thus not in the book.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue May 14, 2013 1:37 am

Listening to the episode now, really enjoying it. :D
dbzfan7 wrote:I hope podcasts stick to the 40 minute mark. Its much more enjoyable to listen to a smaller timeframe podcast then listening for over an hour which makes me not want to sit through it all.
Sounds like you have a short attention span. :lol:

Nah, I'm kidding. I'm guessing you usually have the podcast playing off the computer while you're sitting there, so I'd recommend throwing it up on an iPod or something. I listen to the podcast at any opportunity I get, plus I do a lot of walking and running so I particularly enjoy the longer episodes. In 2010, I believe some episodes were passing the two hour mark- notably the two topic episodes, such as the Raging Blast 2 Review/Video Game-only Characters and the Dragon Ball Kai Soundtrack and Songs 3/Dragon Ball Z Tag Vs. Review episodes.

Anyway, I hate to be THAT Guy, but I can't help but notice that a certain Jeff has been absent for nearly half a year. :P

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Tue May 14, 2013 2:55 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Anyway, I hate to be THAT Guy, but I can't help but notice that a certain Jeff has been absent for nearly half a year. :P
C'mon, Mike! When are you gonna have the Wiggles back on?! :P

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue May 14, 2013 3:54 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Anyway, I hate to be THAT Guy, but I can't help but notice that a certain Jeff has been absent for nearly half a year. :P
C'mon, Mike! When are you gonna have the Wiggles back on?! :P
Well the Jeff I'm talking about certainly has the right voice to be part of the Wiggles. :lol:

Super Vejito

Post by Super Vejito » Tue May 14, 2013 7:05 am

Any insights on where in Japan the Chōgashū is sold (I'm assuming Julian just got it in a Japanese store)? A friend of mine went to look for it in Akihabara, but couldn't find it in any anime/manga stores. :/ Really hoping it's not sold out by now. >< Thanks a lot for any helpful response!

(It may have been mentioned somewhere on the website or podcast, in which case I apologize. Haven't been able to listen to the latter yet.)

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Tue May 14, 2013 7:15 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Well the Jeff I'm talking about certainly has the right voice to be part of the Wiggles. :lol:
So he was Australian all along! I knew it! :P
Super Vejito wrote:Any insights on where in Japan the Chōgashū is sold (I'm assuming Julian just got it in a Japanese store)? A friend of mine went to look for it in Akihabara, but couldn't find it in any anime/manga stores. :/ Really hoping it's not sold out by now. >< Thanks a lot for any helpful response!
I got it at a regular bookstore — the one right next to the train station closest to where I work. But for it and the four Chōzenshū, they only got one copy in stock on release day.

Super Vejito

Post by Super Vejito » Tue May 14, 2013 7:37 am

My friend was figuring he might have to go to a regular bookstore, thanks a lot for confirming that. He is gonna check tomorrow and see if he can make a reservation if it's sold out.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:50 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Sounds like you have a short attention span. :lol:

Nah, I'm kidding. I'm guessing you usually have the podcast playing off the computer while you're sitting there, so I'd recommend throwing it up on an iPod or something. I listen to the podcast at any opportunity I get, plus I do a lot of walking and running so I particularly enjoy the longer episodes. In 2010, I believe some episodes were passing the two hour mark- notably the two topic episodes, such as the Raging Blast 2 Review/Video Game-only Characters and the Dragon Ball Kai Soundtrack and Songs 3/Dragon Ball Z Tag Vs. Review episodes.
I do have a short attention span. And I usually sit through the entire podcast. I just like it around the 40 minute mark because it doesn't feel like everything drags on. I enjoy the conversations but I eventually get bored. I usually like to start and finish things in one sitting, but for some podcasts over an hour I only listen for 10 minutes then break.

Super Vejito

Post by Super Vejito » Thu May 30, 2013 3:45 pm

I got my copy of the Chōgashū and fully support this podcast's message in that you should definitely get it if you like anything about DB's art. :) Would also agree that it comes at a good price for its quality, though I could see shipping/import costs getting bad for people not lucky enough to know people in Japan.