Why do you dislike BoG?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Re: Why do you dislike BoG?

Post by MDSTSSJ » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:31 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:The thing is, by the end of the Buu Saga both Gohan and Gotenks make him look like a bug. Either are capable of killing him in one blow, and he was piss scared of the monster both of them were able to own. Yet the new movies always forget that and/or contrive a way for it not to matter.
Mmm yes my friend, U. Gohan and SSJ3 Gotenks are stronger than SSJ3 Kakarotto but for me not enough to see him like a bug. After defeating Pure Boo, Kakarotto continued his training to be stronger and is doing it in the Other World. If he could not be more stronger, why he said he would do? Of course he can. Makes no sense to think otherwise.

In the same transformation, there is a really BIG gap between normal SSJ and FPSSJ. Why not to think Goku can achieve more power between the end of Boo´s Arc and BoG? For me in BoG, Is quite conceivable that SSJ3 Kakarotto has shortened the power difference between him and U. Gohan and SSJ3 Gotenks.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:33 am

Wasn't the only reason the idea of a ssjg was kept after Toriyama rewrote the original writer's script due to someone higher up (someone at Toei?) deciding that one concept had to be kept, even if what it can do and how it looks were allowed to be altered?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:29 am

You know there's a perfectly good reason why Goku was chosen to be the SSJGod over the others. That reason is simply that no one else fits the bill. Why? Because

Vegeta getting the God form will heavily contrive with the ending of Z especially the Kanzenban ending. Vegeta becomes SSJGod battles Beers and loses and 7 years later he still seeks to surpass Goku even though by that point he should be above the mountain man in power. Yeah you see the problem right. And some of you already have a problem with the possibility of Goku surpassing Gohan post Boo arc because of his Godly power up so I would imagine that you guys would be furious if Goku surpasses the SSJGod by natural means.

Gohan is not a warrior at heart as we've all come to know. While he's fighting Beers as SSJGod we'd get another speech about how he doesn't like fighting and doesn't like trying to hurt The God of Destruction even though he threatens to blow up the Earth. We've seen that before so that wouldn't be any type of character development for him either and the Hid firm was meant to lose anyway Beers would probably be annoyed by Gohan and destroy the Earth. I honestly can't see him handling so much power the way his father did, regardless of how much power and potential he has Gohan just lacks the experience his mentor, father and Vegeta has and his lack of interest in fighting puts him even further down.

I'm sure no one wants to Trunks, Goten or Gotenks as the SSJGod. The fusion would probably only last about 2 minutes and he'd spend the entire time crying because he'd be so scrawny. Beers would be annoyed as would everyone else and the world would be destroyed.

Piccolo is not a Saiyan.

Videl would probably die from not being able to handle all that power. I also can't imagine anything about her personality being enough to convince Beers not to destroy the world so in the end they're still doomed.

Goku getting the God form is just overall the best choice for the sake of the story not just the writes going " Ahh Lord Goku we love you, you must always prevail". Like some of you are claiming.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:41 am

@Rocketman In response to that post, all I can really say is:
Anyway, @Goku
Gohan is not a warrior at heart as we've all come to know. While he's fighting Beers as SSJGod we'd get another speech about how he doesn't like fighting and doesn't like trying to hurt The God of Destruction even though he threatens to blow up the Earth.
Just like that speech he gave to Boo. :think:
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Saiga wrote:Anyway, @Goku
Gohan is not a warrior at heart as we've all come to know. While he's fighting Beers as SSJGod we'd get another speech about how he doesn't like fighting and doesn't like trying to hurt The God of Destruction even though he threatens to blow up the Earth.
Just like that speech he gave to Boo. :think:
Well sure, Gohan is a cocky ass when he knows he has an advantage over his enemy but what happens when the odds aren't completely in his favor when the tables turn even just a little bit? All it takes is some taunting and he starts to break, that could leave Beers dissatisfied and he'd destroy the earth.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:41 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
Well sure, Gohan is a cocky ass when he knows he has an advantage over his enemy but what happens when the odds aren't completely in his favor when the tables turn even just a little bit? All it takes is some taunting and he starts to break, that could leave Beers dissatisfied and he'd destroy the earth.
Y'mean like when he didn't back down from Recoome despite being grossly overpowered or when he stalled against Boo successfully for like ~20 minutes? The Cell Games is not the only part to his character.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!