Opinion on Korean Trunks

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Opinion on Korean Trunks

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W17JLB7VUdo

You can also talk about the other cast in this scene.

Freeza; Lady voice doesn't fit. Better than Linda Young but just not fitting. However a great voice actor IMO.
King Cold: The grunts sound similar to the original audio. The voice seems good through. If you heard the voice more you'll think it's just an average voice. Not bad but not good.
Vegeta: I love the way Vegeta sounds. Sounds Royal and arrogant.
Yamcha: Sound the same in every dub IMO.
Krillin: Sound like his original audio but a slightly deeper voice.
Gohan: High pitch voice similar to Masako's Gohan.
Trunks: Voice was good IMO. Nice serious tone. Great for someone coming from the Future of hell. The scream in my opinion was epic and that voice actors have great lungs.

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Opinion on Korean Trunks

Post by Ahiru77 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:49 pm

My opinion on Korean Trunks...he sounds awesome.

ChroniclyFlaming

Post by ChroniclyFlaming » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:24 pm

I had no idea there was even a Korean dub until now, so thanks for introducing this. The characters do sound closer to the originals than any of the other dubs I've heard.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:26 pm

ChroniclyFlaming wrote:I had no idea there was even a Korean dub until now, so thanks for introducing this. The characters do sound closer to the originals than any of the other dubs I've heard.
Well not Korean Freeza xD. Through the voice actor does sound better than Linda and have the same tome as the original voice of Freeza.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:48 pm

I actually like this dub a lot. Except Trunks' regular speaking voice is a tad deep for my taste. But that scream was crazy!!!
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Linnom

Post by Linnom » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:47 pm

Freeza: A strange and femenine voice similar to Linda Young.
Cold: A nice and deep voice, i liked!
Kuririn: Better then Funimation "Krilin",his voice is similar to the brazilian version.
Trunks: His scream kick some serious ass, but i think his voice is too deep for a guy so young.

The korean dub looks legit in my oppinion, i will search more videos to see other scenes.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:03 pm

Linnom wrote:Freeza: A strange and femenine voice similar to Linda Young.
Cold: A nice and deep voice, i liked!
Kuririn: Better then Funimation "Krilin",his voice is similar to the brazilian version.
Trunks: His scream kick some serious ass, but i think his voice is too deep for a guy so young.

The korean dub looks legit in my oppinion, i will search more videos to see other scenes.
Similar to Linda Young? I would't say that. But it's indeed VERY feminine. Krillin voice is awesome in most dubs. In fact I might say out of alll characters he has the best voice for MOST of the dubs.

Trunks: There is no beating that scream. GOT DAMN! Yea the voice is deep but because of Nostalgia I don't found nothing wrong with it :lol: . But I do see what you people mean.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:07 pm

I think that he sounds cool, but I like the German one more..... but hey, Korean Freeza definitely gave me the creeps. Ugh. I don't wanna hear his korean voice anymore. It will haunt me in my nightmares for rest of my life :shock:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Selcier

Post by Selcier » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:38 am

Gohan and krillin: they were too perfect, loved them!
Vegeta: I liked this voice - but I still thought it sounded too old. It was just slightly too deep. But, I did like his inflection and his
Bulma: probably my absolute favorite; her tone was so fantastic. Slightly whinny, but completely the right age. She sounded like a rich girl.
Freeza: once again, voiced by an ajuma. It was good, but not the best. (for me, Tfs has the best freeza)
Trunks: his scream was divine - but once again, he sounds way too old. I was hoping someone like Hyun Bin would have voiced him. He sounds closer in age and has that 'I'm calm now but I may freak' vibe going.

But maybe I'll start watching in Korean - I would need to brush up on some key vocabulary. Off the top of my head, I can't even think of the word for 'earth' after hearing it so often in Japanese.