Dragon ball Z & Chibi Maruko-chan ..Interview

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ionutbigiu1
Beyond Newbie

Dragon ball Z & Chibi Maruko-chan ..Interview

Post by ionutbigiu1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:30 am

I found a video posted by KamiSama , it looks like it is a prezentation of an dragon ball z movie , and one with maruko , but i have a feeling that this is not the fulll version of this special , and i was wondering does anybody know what is this the special , the name or how can i find a bette quality or maybe a full version. thank you very much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBpeVNRko8c

Imageand i find an image in a great quality it is a snapshop from that show , i wonder if there is anyone who has more like this

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Dragon ball Z & Chibi Maruko-chan ..Interview

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:37 am

Looks like a New Year's special with Goku and Momoko Sakura. Watching on low volume because my kids are asleep, but it looks to me like these are interstitial segments between a main showing (perhaps the Dragon Ball Z and Chibi Maruko-chan movies on the posters behind them). The text card in the middle is for the video's thumbnail (presumably added by the original uploader), warning people off from embedding the video on blogs and such.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

ionutbigiu1
Beyond Newbie

Post by ionutbigiu1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:33 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:Looks like a New Year's special with Goku and Momoko Sakura. Watching on low volume because my kids are asleep, but it looks to me like these are interstitial segments between a main showing (perhaps the Dragon Ball Z and Chibi Maruko-chan movies on the posters behind them). The text card in the middle is for the video's thumbnail (presumably added by the original uploader), warning people off from embedding the video on blogs and such.
Thank you very much for the information it looks like , it will be hard to find someone that has the whole footage :D

ionutbigiu1
Beyond Newbie

Post by ionutbigiu1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:40 am

ionutbigiu1 wrote:
SaiyaJedi wrote:Looks like a New Year's special with Goku and Momoko Sakura. Watching on low volume because my kids are asleep, but it looks to me like these are interstitial segments between a main showing (perhaps the Dragon Ball Z and Chibi Maruko-chan movies on the posters behind them). The text card in the middle is for the video's thumbnail (presumably added by the original uploader), warning people off from embedding the video on blogs and such.
Thank you very much for the information it looks like , it will be hard to find someone that has the whole footage :D
Wow i just realised , you are Julian, big fan of your translations and your work , i listen your podcast guys like everyday , thank you for your answer and your patience :D

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:28 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:The text card in the middle is for the video's thumbnail (presumably added by the original uploader)
And it's Pekindaq.

hunterxhunter21
Beyond Newbie

Post by hunterxhunter21 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:00 pm

ionutbigiu1 wrote:*image*and i find an image in a great quality it is a snapshop from that show , i wonder if there is anyone who has more like this
That looks like an animation cel, not a screen cap. So that's why it looks so clean. I'd guess there are not many cels from this special floating around.
Dragon Ball Famicon/Super Famicom game scans : HERE

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:29 pm

FYI, the animator must be Naoki Miyahara.

ionutbigiu1
Beyond Newbie

Post by ionutbigiu1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:04 pm

this is the end card shown at the end of the footage i guess . this was a longer special.

samuraix123
I Live Here

What is this from?

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Hello! Can anyone tell me what this is from? is there a longer version? maybe one with subtitles? Thanks guys! :thumbup:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What is this from?

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:03 pm

samuraix123 wrote:Hello! Can anyone tell me what this is from? is there a longer version? maybe one with subtitles? Thanks guys! :thumbup:
No idea but I remember Toei animation doing a special where popular Japanese legends fought each other World Tournament style and Goku made a appearance, watching all the fights with the announcer.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:06 pm

Comment section seems to imply it's a commercial. God knows what for though! Where's Julian or Herms when you need them ,ey?!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Judging from how they're saying something about Dr Gero and Super Saiyan I would guess it's some kind of recap special like the one where Goku and Gohan are in white tuxedos.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:46 am

Hoping we can get a little more information that way I know what to properly name this file in my folder of Dragonball awesomeness :P
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

ionutbigiu1
Beyond Newbie

Post by ionutbigiu1 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:01 pm

1994年1月2日にお正月特番があり「ドラゴンボール」の孫悟空とまる子が共演して司会をしている。
悟空はまる子のことを「まるちゃん」と呼んでいた。この時は「ドラゴンボール」の映画2本と
まる子の映画「ちびまる子ちゃん わたしの好きな歌」を放送した。

After a long search on the web i found out that t here was an interview with Maruko and Goku in "Dragon Ball" in the period of the " New Year" aired on on January 2, 1994.
THey both presented their movies .

ionutbigiu1
Beyond Newbie

Post by ionutbigiu1 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:49 am

would anyone be kind to translate this video . i beg of you :( :( :( :( :(