Goku's Mom

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Goku's Mom

Post by Dr. Machismo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:48 pm

What do you think the history behind Goku's mom is? Since I don't think Bardock felt love for anyone until his death, I think Goku's mom was probably just some woman Bardock had something in the lines of a one-night stand with or with or something. I wonder if Goku and Raditz are actually half brothers ...

And because I just want to make this joke:
The world's greatest.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Goku's Mom

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:17 pm

I have seen loads of fanarts for Goku's mom over the years. From Tannip, Sharotto, and Hanasia.

Id have to say my favorite design I've seen of her would be the one drawn by FanDragonBall on deviantart with Hanasia from Multiverse being my second favorite.

Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:48 pm

I see her looking like Raditz, that's about it.
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:12 am

I've always liked the "Goku's mom has giant Raditz-esque hair" theory, since Saiyans usually seem to inherit their never-changing-unless-you-cut-them hairstyles from their parents (Vegeta/King Vegeta, Goten/Goku/Bardock, etc.) So Goku looked more like his dad's side of the family and Raditz more like his mom's.

If Gohan had been Raditz's kid instead of Goku's, maybe he'd have been born with hair as long as he is tall. XD

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:21 am

Other than Hanasia in one fanfic and DBM, there was another fanfic that had Goku's mother as being similar to Chi Chi, well ten Chi Chi's.. She too was a 3rd class Saiyan. Her father though ended up being the brilliant scientist who created the fake moon technique.

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:29 am

She's cute.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:47 am

That fan art is actually really nice. I could see Goku's mom looking like that.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:10 am

Jackal puFF wrote:That fan art is actually really nice. I could see Goku's mom looking like that.
One big "mistake" however is that this fan art has non-enclosed eyes (like non-evil people, calm Goku, pre-Ultimate Gohan, etc.), whereas all the evil Saiyans have always been shown with fully enclosed eyes (including Seripa, the only female full-blooded Saiyan we know about).

Karrit
Beyond Newbie

Post by Karrit » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:15 am

I wrote a fanfic where she was a minor character. Shortly after Goku's birth, she was healed and sent on a mission with some other saiyans. They were captured by a space pirate who killed them all but her. He only spared her after learning about the destruction of Planet Vegeta and decided to keep her in suspended animation as a way to protect one of the last survivors of a functionally extinct species. Goku learns about her fate when he is taken captive by the same pirate.

I described her as having Radditz-like hair and somewhat tall. I like the idea of saiyans ranging in size.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:31 pm

Like these designs better.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Won't Vegeta's mom have the same hair as Tarble? I do like the other fan art of Goku's mom that someone posted. Goku's mom was never mention or shown since it was most likely because the writers didn't think she was important. She was most likely another Saiyan warrior anyways.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:00 pm

I do believe Goku and Raditz share the same mother. I believe Raditz made a reference about their demise when the planet was destroyed, implying she was still there too.

I assume her skin had a pink hue like Goku, and Raditz got his tone from a combination of both of them. http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/imag ... _gohan.png

The first pic is very nice. I like Sharotto's design too.

I also believe Tarble and Vegeta have the same mother. A very short one at that. There's no other explanation at why Tarble and Vegeta are the shortest of all Saiyans so far. :lol:
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:05 am

"How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? "The world will never know"" I think the same can be said about Goku's mother it's an unknown, same with really any Saiyan mom I guess.

I do think she had long hair just not as long as Raditz.