WHAT do you want and WHO do you want?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

WHAT do you want and WHO do you want?

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:27 am

Let's play a little question game.

Since half of yall are so eager to give Namco Bandai the finger for not giving you what you want for the past three or four years now, how about this, you say what you want in a DBZ game and who do you want to make it, like which developer. I know this sounds ridiculous and pointless but this is a chance to get it out, especially with everybody wanting different things (i.e. Tenkaichi camps, Budokai camps, etc.)

One condition though, DO NOT use any of Treevax's ideas. Only do so if it is necessary to refer to his work. Other than that, you use your own ideas, don't bow down to his ideas immediately after you see this thread. "Can't we get a perfect DBZ game for once"? Now is the time for you to say what you want in your DBZ game instead of complaining about it over and over again. This is also a good chance to SPECIFY what you want and who you want to work on it.

Anyway, discuss!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: WHAT do you want and WHO do you want?

Post by Jord » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:40 am

Marvel vs Capcom with DBZ characters.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:34 am

*Zenkai Battle Royal in english as a online only downloadable title on PSN/XBL

*Budokai 4 with a upgraded version of Infinte World's gameplay engine with the BOG cast and maybe some of the DB Heroes characters.

*A RPG that functions as a what if of the main story. You create a character and your origin depends on the race you chose and your actions and choices change what happens in the story. Starting with Dragonball and ending with Dragonball GT. Battle of Z is doing what ifs and story alterations, why cant other games?

*Jump Stars to come to the states.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:25 pm

Jord wrote:Marvel vs Capcom with DBZ characters.
THIS! SO BADLY WANT THIS!!!
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Ooo its been a long time since I've been on the video game section of here. Is this a dream game thread? :lol: I don't think I can have a perfect Dragon Ball game but if I could it would be probably an improvement on Tenkaichi 2/3. I honestly didn't play Tenkaichi much and liked 2 more. I've talked with my friends in how most of the other games have been a let down so ill vomit up some of those. I'd like:

-Ultimate Tenkaichi graphics (or battle of z I haven't seen the graphics in HD yet). I want graphics like that or higher like all next gen games should.

-Character selection of BT3 except maybe not characters that didn't contribute anything. I don't know why Appule was in Tenkaichi 3. Replace him with Episode of Bardock characters, Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans, Battle of Gods, Son Goku returns even Heroes.

-Though it sounds like a contradiction bring out some characters that dont exist. Though the what if stories can be good and bad, I'd like gag characters like Potara Gokule, Tien and Yamcha fused, Buu absorptions from Budokai 2 with others from the Dragon Ball Heroes cards. Putting those characters would add a lot more to the Story mode. (Freeza Cooler fusion pleeaseee)

-No voice overs during fights. I don't mind when there is a significant cut scene during a fight but to have it the whole time while battling bothers me a bit. If they're going to be there I hope there is an "off" option in the settings. But I think it's time and money wasted on potential game mechanic additions/improvements.

-Adding ki to beam struggles to give you an advantage in the push(by pressing a trigger button) and also while in beam struggles buttons change format so when releasing ki you can also press the other trigger on the same side for blast stock release. Each blast stock would give another bar of energy but only for beam struggles. It would make using them a bit more of a decision instead of using them for a wild sense, instant transmission or barrier if you see you could potentially damage them more. Though I like the thrill of beam struggles I think adding a bit more strategy would make them even better.

-Fusion selectable. Now in character select in BT2 and BT3 I remember there being the option to choose fusion characters which is okay, but I'd rather have fusion characters be a bit weaker if picked straight from the character select and stronger if achieved in game. I like the idea of the fusion taking time to do and in real time. It would leave the characters prone to double damage so its a lot more of a risk to use. The fusion would need a button combo like in Budokai 3 and if messed up would result in a messed up fusion for 20 seconds with no specials, farts instead if ki that can paralyze etc. If successful it would stay for 120 seconds which should be plenty of time for anyone to finish off an opponent but not be too cheap to carry over to all 5 characters.Those numbers can be tweaked of course but wouldn't be affected by fatigue it would be real time seconds.

-Abo and Cado fusions could be a rush move(not one that dashes not follows) but takes both Ki and blast stocks and is permanent since I cant imagine a big character like that having very fast movement and that's key in most of the games. His fusion would be permanent as well as Vegetto's but Potara would have a different mechanism. It would need to be like a Budokai Fusion that requires both people to press the buttons in order listed except more buttons. Whoever presses them all correctly wins (if the person the fusion or the earring gets caught. Goku kicks the opponent and gets the earring back doing only a kicks worth of Damage and wasting significant blast stocks (having it crushed first try was so cruel :lol: ). The fusion could be attempted 3 times and if not successful the 3rd time the earring would finally be crushed.

-In one of the newer games BT3 or later I believe there was a button combo to fly instantly towards your opponent from the left or right side I think it was the Raging Blast series. I don't think this should even be in the game because last time I used it there was a slight pause in game play and I don't remember if it stopped the other character from doing anything. If it does stop the character it shouldn't. It should allow the other character to Fly away so that it can be a bit more of a pursuit. That or the other character can use an explosive wave if they have it or even a charged up hit. There should be no reason a move like that should exist without draining a ton of Ki and also allowing your opponent to counter it. This one is iffy due to memory but if it was tweaked in a newer game or had other counters and doesn't take away from the speed of the game play then it's fine.

- A few more attack combos. I already like the amount that are there but one or two more options wouldn't hurt.

Maybe some variety in lesser character attacks. I appreciated things like "Ah Lord Freeza" as a different move and I don't think all characters should have the same Dash attack and same ki barrage.

- A few more stages including fighting on King Kai's planet which I think would be pretty funny but weird. If you ended up blowing the planet up you could just fight in the clouds. A HFIL stage :mrgreen:, Other world tournament stage, Planet Vegeta stage. Hatchiyack stage, Janemba Hell Stage, all added with the normal stages that most games have.

My whole problem with the character select is there would need to be a way to have the Characters I want but without a giant menu of Duplicates. So when Goku is selected it would have a drop down with Early Goku with Kaioken and Spirit Bomb, Middle as the biggest selection with all forms to SSJ3, Gogeta(with up to SSJ3), Vegetto, and SSJ God, and End with SSJ1-4 with SSJ4 Gogeta. The models wouldn't have to be altered and it would save space. In other words SSJ Goku in middle and end would be the same model as well as any other form that overlapped in the drop down except some forms would be excluded in some but allowed in others. I don't know if you guys follow( If anyone is reading this).

- Keeping characters specifically saying things to each other before a fight begins is always a great touch. I'd love for them to have as many possible interactions as possible even ones of characters who never met Goten vs Bardock being my favorite example but others added could be Broly vs Freeza, Turles vs Goten, Even early vs End Goku Kid Kid Goku vs Adult Goku(s).

- Costume select as many as possible. I really do like alternative costumes.

That's all that comes to mind off the top of my head? That is all I would want for essentially a Tenakichi 4 :P

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:50 pm

*Budokai 4 with a upgraded version of Infinte World's gameplay engine with the BOG cast and maybe some of the DB Heroes characters.

^This plus an RPG like storymode like in B3.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:49 pm

This would be the greatest thing ever!

I've been wanting a DBZ fighting game developed by Capcom since forever ago.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Logan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Logan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:13 pm

I'd like a Dragon Ball vs. Street Fighter game. The move sets blend well together, I think.
There is no Dragon Ball canon.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:07 am

I want another Budokai game by Dimps or a true sequel to Super Dragon Ball Z by Crafts & Meister (or was it Arika?).
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:36 am

BOZ but with more depth and controls, and actual combos like with any fighting game.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:04 am

Capcom vs Toei, Street Fighter vs DBZ, Capcom vs DBZ, Shonen Jump vs Capcom, Shonen Jump vs Marvel. Something like that. Also an in depth, balanced fighter with a decent roster of characters that all play differently. Good enough to be played at EVO and APEX.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:04 am

- I think a open world fighting DBZ game would be a dream come true. No maps, the whole Planet is your map and you can fight anywhere or any time.

- I would also love to see a remake of Legacy of Goku on the 3DS with gameplay similar to LOG 2 & 3. You can play as Goku, Piccolo, Gohan, Kuririn and Vegeta. Tenshinhan, Yamucha and Nail can be played for a short amount of time similar how Videl and Mr. Satan were in LOG3. Lord Slug can be a optional boss similar to Coola in LOG2 and you can unlock the Garlic Jr. saga as a bonus mission. There can be mini boss battles where Goku has to fight the RR Army, Tambourine, Drum, Cymbal, Piano and Radditz in Hell after Goku falls off from Snake Way.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:11 am

ringworm128 wrote:Capcom vs Toei, Street Fighter vs DBZ, Capcom vs DBZ, Shonen Jump vs Capcom, Shonen Jump vs Marvel. Something like that. Also an in depth, balanced fighter with a decent roster of characters that all play differently. Good enough to be played at EVO and APEX.
Sooo...MUGEN?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kokos

Post by Kokos » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:59 am

Sparking 4: just more of the same, but bigger, faster, better. Perhaps with some more original single player modes. It seems only natural to let Spike make it.

Raging Blast 3: Same as Sparking 4, more of the same but better. Maybe with some of the defensive options of Sparking 4, but keep the more unique aspects of Raging Blast intact (cancels, combo system, the amount of supers etc.). Done by Spike of course.

A sequel to Attack of the Saiyans about the Frieza Saga, Dragon Ball: Terror of Frieza or something like that. Made by Monolith Soft, just like the first game.

As I really liked the Battle of Z demo, I would really like it becoming its own series like Budokai or Sparking. By Artdink, of course.

A localisation or reprint (to make it more affordable) of Dragon Ball: Ultimate Butoden would be nice.

Budokai 4 or Infinite World 2 seems fine by me too, of course made by Dimps. Maybe a Dragon Ball game by Rocksteady would be cool, I'm not a Batman fan at all, but I really like the Arkham games, especially Arkham City. If even a non-fan can enjoy the licensed games, I'd say you're doing it right.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:16 am

Even though I could, I don't want to get overly detailed here. The post would go on forever, hardly anyone would read it and it'd mostly be a waste of my time. So, instead, I'll just list a couple of basic ideas.

--A properly developed Sagas style game. I initially thought that the first level or two of Battle of Z, after roaming around and discovering Saibaimen, would make a decent foundation for a game to retread into that genre.

--A Dragon Ball (no Z or GT) game in Super Smash Bros style...

--A trilogy series that acts as an evolution of the Raging Blast games (because all of this at once would be way too much). First game focuses on covering the main series properly, then the next is the films and the final is GT and extra material. Utilize the team mechanic from Battle of Z (though make it optional so you can have 1/2/3/4 vs. 1/2/3/4) as well as the fully 3D-free roam boss battles, running, etc. Add in all the characters from the final Sparking game (except stuff like Goku [Mid]), Ultimate Blast, Kinect, Heroes, etc. Don't include separate character slots for characters like Vegeta; make them all one so we can have Super Saiyan 3 in his Saiyan Arc armor.Try to add in all the extra costumes they can, but keep a more detailed version of the Battle of Z color changer so you don't need to waste time on ones like Vegeta's Arlia colors. Art direction in regards to the textures and shading on the models should be based on either Burst Limit or Raging Blast 1...but more cel shaded with the latter. I'd prefer if the models were based on Raging Blast, but downgraded a bit to deal with the stress of the team gameplay. Take as long as they need to develop it.

--Same as above, but without ALL the characters and costumes. This game would feature some newly designed characters (and hopefully an original plot) by Toriyama, Maybe 4-5 new baddies and a new hero ala Tapion? The game would focus on the Z hero characters from the era of this new story, the new characters introduced in the game and some of the more well known or important characters just to cover some bases (like Freeza, Cell, Buu, Coola, Broli, Bardock, Janenba, Gogeta, Vegetto and Birus for example), along with all their transformations.

Honestly though, even if I don't like the gameplay style, any new game with a completely original story would probably get a day one purchase out of me...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:33 am

I just want an upgraded Legendary Super Warriors.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:54 am

• 2 Nintendo 3DS/VITA action RPG games a la Kingdom Hearts (maybe a better version of Sagas?) that cover the Saiyan & Frieza arcs (game 1) and Cell & Buu arcs (game 2).
• Budokai Tenkaichi 3 characters + new and new recent characters (ex. SSJ Bardock, SSJG Goku) + Zenkai Battle Royale/Battle of Z game play for the PS4/XB1
• For heaven's sake definitely no stupid ideas for characters like Mecha Goku or w.e (idk what they were thinking for Naruto Storm Revolution).
One World. 🌐 🕊

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:01 pm

I don't think we will see a solo DB or GT game. GT is not very popular in Japan and anything DB related without the Z in the title has shown not to sell very well. I would think having Dimps coming back won't be a bad idea. A Budokai 4 with a different title could sell because both the hardcore fans and the older casual fans will buy it. I know a lot of people who said that they stop playing DBZ games after Budokai 3. They can call it "Heroes Budokai", "Mega Budokai" or anything with the Budokai name in it.

For the character list, they can add DB Heroes characters as well. I even thrown in some new absorptions for Buu for fun. My idea for a good roster:

1. Goku (Base, SSj, SSj2, SSj3, SSjG)
2. GT Kid Goku (Base, SSj, SSj3, SSj4)
3. Vegeta (Base, SSj, ASSj, SSj2, SSj3, SSj4)
4. Kid Goku
5. Kid Gohan (Base, Unlock Hidden Power)
6. Cell Saga Gohan (Base, SSj, SSj2)
7. Adult Gohan (Base, SSj, SSj2, Mystic)
8. Great Saiyaman
9. Videl
10. GT Pan
11. Kid Goten (Base, SSj)
12. Kid Trunks (Base, SSj)
13. GT Goten (Base, SSj)
14. GT Trunks (Base, SSj, SSj3)
15. Future Trunks (Base, SSj, ASSj, SSj3)
16. Piccolo (Base, fused with Nail, combined with Kami)
17. Kuririn
18. Yamchu
19. Tenshinhan
20. Mr. Satan
21. Kaioshin
22. Bardock (Base, SSj)
23. Radditz
24. Nappa
25. Saibaman
26. Cui
27. Dodoria
28. Zarbon (Base, Post-Transformation)
29. Captain Ginyu
30. Reacoom
31. Burter
32. Jeice
33. Gurd
34. Freeza (1st Form, 2nd Form, 3rd Form, Final Form, 100% Full Power)
39. Dr. Gero
40. Cell (Imperfect, Semi-Perfect, Perfect, Buff, Super Perfect)
41. Cell Jr.
42. Dabra
43. Fat Buu
45. Super Buu
46. Kid Buu
47. Great Saiyaman 2
48. General Rilldo (Base, Sigma Rilldo, Metal Rilldo)
49. Bebi (Child form, Teen form, Adult form)
50. Kid Ubb
51. Adult Uub (Base, fused with Buu)
52. Super #17 (Base, #16 absorbed, Cell absorbed)
53. San Xing Long
54. Si Xing Long
55. Yi Xing Long (Base, Super Yi Xing Long)
56. #13 (Base, Super 13)
57. Coola (Base, 5th form)
58. Broli (Base, SSj, LSSj, LSSj3)
59. Janemba
60. Pikkon
61. Tapion
62. Lord Slug
63. Tullece
64. Birusu
65. Saiyan Hero/Heroine (Base, SSj)
66. Frieza's race Hero
67. Namekian Hero
68. Android Hero

Fusions:
Gotan
Yamhan
Kibitoshin
Gogeta (SSj, SSj3)
Vegito (SSj)
Kid Gotenks (SSj, SSj3)
Adult Gotenks (SSj, SSj3)
SSj4 Gogeta

Via items forms:
Majin Vegeta
Bebi Vegeta (Form 1, Form 2, Form 3)
Bebi Janemba
Mecha Freeza
Metal Coola

Buu abortions:
Piccolo
Perfect Cell
Final Form Freeza
Yamchu & Tenshinhan
LSSj Broli
Final Form Coola
SSj3 Gotenks
Mystic Gohan
SSj Vegito
Super Yi Xing Long

Vegito and Super Yi Xing Long will be the rare ones that you will get in battle.

Bebi's body snatch (Similar to Buu's abortions where Bebi can steal a body of a random fighter in battle):
Adult Gohan (Base, SSj)
Adult Goten (Base, SSj)
Adult Trunks (Base, SSj)
GT Pan
Piccolo
General Rilldo
Vegeta
Janemba

Janemba and Vegeta will be the rare ones that you will get in battle.

For the Hero Avatars, they can have their own story modes with their own story lines similar to Hero Mode from UT/UB. Everyone else will have their own story mode with their own story lines. Budokai 3 was going to give everyone their own story mode, so why not try it again.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:59 pm

Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:13 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
ringworm128 wrote:Capcom vs Toei, Street Fighter vs DBZ, Capcom vs DBZ, Shonen Jump vs Capcom, Shonen Jump vs Marvel. Something like that. Also an in depth, balanced fighter with a decent roster of characters that all play differently. Good enough to be played at EVO and APEX.
Sooo...MUGEN?
Yeah but with MUGEN you have to do everything yourself. And an actual commercial release would allow for new dialouge, remixes etc. For example we would have never had Deadpool saying "welcome to die" to Magneto in MUGEN.