If you were a billionaire (DB related)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: If you were a billionaire (DB related)

Post by Vice » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:09 pm

JulieYBM wrote: I would do three, too. That probably wouldn't be as much of a pain in the ass to get the gears going as setting up a new animated series with top-notch animators, either.
It probably wouldn't be too much of a problem if you threw enough money at it.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:34 am

You think Toriyama would take one hour out of his day to answer some questions for me if I gave him a million dollars?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Storm
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Storm » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:06 am

Probably, but be prepared to be disappointed by the answers.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:56 am

Use the money to give to a film studio to hire a highly experienced director, a writer who can faithfully capture the spirit of Dragon Ball in script form, actors who have great acting skills and have the look for the characters they're portraying. All to make a movie and its sequels the best/perfect Dragon Ball live action film series.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:48 am

I would make a Dragonball-inspired video series where I would travel around, see sights that inspired Dragonball locations, study from martial arts teachers, and compete against other martial artists. I would use a lot of the money for the actual traveling, the crew to film and edit the videos, and to make Dragonball-inspired music similar to the Blue Bricks trailers and DBox trailers.

Not exactly a "I'd buy my own film masters and a team of dudes to make the perfect remaster for my personal use" type of thing, but I'd enjoy it and hope that other people would enjoy watching my Dragonball-inspired adventures.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:34 am

I'd pay Toriyama to write a DB sequel and provide character designs and then get Toyotaro to draw that. Or at least get Toyotaro to draw a manga version of Kaboom's GTR.
I'd create a streamlined anime version of the whole of DB.
I'd launch Dragon Ball Online worldwide in actual English.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:01 am

I would make a new TV show that is not a remake since we already have Kai. I would hire a good writer and good producers to help make a new series. I would ignore GT and give us a real DBZ sequel that people want.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:40 am

Put the Dragon Boxes back into print. Release the DB, DBGT and Movie Dragon Boxes. Donate the rest to charity.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:27 am

Buy all the rest of the Dragon-boxes and whatever else Dragonball related I wanted and hire the most attractive woman around the world to take the discs in and out of the tray for me. :lol: ''Listen here Woman! One scratch on that Dragonbox DVD and I'll have your ass thrown out faster than you can say ''cha la head cha la'' LOL :lol: :lol: Ahhh a man can only dream :D
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:43 am

I would have the entire manga reanimated as one series, with the best animators I could find, and at the end, if he was willing to do it, I would have Toriyama work with his original editors and a team of talented writers to continue the series following the events of BoG, in which GT would be explained away as a dream Beerus had after his fight with Goku. I would also have the entire manga retranslated in English, and a new English dub created with a cast of my choosing.

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:18 pm

I'd buy pretty much all of the licensing rights available (music, anime, games, movie, merch, etc.). Uncut manga, Dragon Box quality new releases, and the Dragon Ball Z kart racer that the world simply must have would go into production immediately. After a proper plan was in place, I'd also bring Dragon Ball back to the big screen in live action. The proper plan would not involve Goku in school. It may, however, involve Robin Shou as Taopaipai & Cary-Hiroyuki Togawa as Tsurusennin.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:35 pm

If I were a rich geek,
Yubby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dum.
All day long I'd Kamehamaha,
If I were a wealthy geek.
I wouldn't have to hear bad dubs,
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
If I were a biddy biddy rich,
Idle-diddle-daidle-daidle geek.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Zantetsuken
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zantetsuken » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:41 pm

I'd also buy the rights to Narato and cancel it. Tired of the DBZ comparisons and I hate the show - WAY too much filler.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:46 pm

Zantetsuken wrote:I'd also buy the rights to Narato and cancel it. Tired of the DBZ comparisons and I hate the show - WAY too much filler.
Not DB related. Just.... Saiyan.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:51 pm

penguintruth wrote:I wouldn't have to hear bad dubs.
You don't have to!
Zantetsuken wrote:I'd also buy the rights to Narato and cancel it. Tired of the DBZ comparisons and I hate the show - WAY too much filler.
That seems a little bit of a wasteful use of money! Besides - I'd rather have the filler with decent Manga-story pacing than otherwise. I can skip the filler, but in something like One Piece, for example, where they've stopped filler in favour of snail-pacing, I have to watch every episode - which can be really soul crushing and doesn't do the original work its proper justice.

One Piece fans are crying out for filler to return - so I just suggest to Naruto fans to be careful what they wish for! Of course, there's the other side of the coin in the case of something like Bleach, where the poor quality of the filler largely attributed to the downfall of the anime. But heck, why does filler have to be bad? Why not just commission only decent stories or hire competent writing staff?
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:51 pm

Yes, I too hate that Narato. I especially hate when he never shuts up about being a Hakagi, and tries to be a Nainja despite being in bright neon green.

...Wait, what're we talking about again?

My joking aside - I can see how the comparisons would get annoying, cuz they do, but...you'd use your money just to cancel a show you don't like that others enjoy? Selfish, much?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Zantetsuken
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zantetsuken » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Blade wrote:
penguintruth wrote:I wouldn't have to hear bad dubs.
You don't have to!
That seems a little bit of a wasteful use of money! Besides - I'd rather have the filler with decent Manga-story pacing than otherwise. I can skip the filler, but in something like One Piece, for example, where they've stopped filler in favour of snail-pacing, I have to watch every episode - which can be really soul crushing and doesn't do the original work its proper justice.

One Piece fans are crying out for filler to return - so I just suggest to Naruto fans to be careful what they wish for! Of course, there's the other side of the coin in the case of something like Bleach, where the poor quality of the filler largely attributed to the downfall of the anime. But heck, why does filler have to be bad? Why not just commission only decent stories or hire competent writing staff?
I'm not a fan of eith show. I'd cancel them both and reboot DB/DBZ if I could.

And I would pay everyone to forget about GT. Such terrible. So bad. Wow.