Thinking of selling my 3 Dragon Boxes

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Thinking of selling my 3 Dragon Boxes

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Hey guys I am thinking about selling my three dragon boxes and just get kai since funimation has not put out a good dragon ball z since the dragon boxes but they are now out of print. Do you think I should just finish my dbz dvd collection with just kai and just sell my dragon boxes??
Last edited by JEFFMAN219 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raykugen
Regular

Re: Thinking of selling my 3 Dragon Boxes

Post by Raykugen » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:07 pm

lol, the dragon boxes ARE a good release
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

cpuguy18

Post by cpuguy18 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:19 pm

The Dragon Boxes are amazing what are you talking about.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:21 pm

I know that the dragon boxes are a good release but they are out of print and expensive to get. I know its my fault for not buying them when they were in print.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:28 pm

I feel that dbz kai is the best dbz release because it has an improved faithful dub and it cuts all the boring filler from the show.
Last edited by JEFFMAN219 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:29 pm

Are you selling your 3 Dboxes because you want to buy a uniform release? I don't know why you wouldn't just keep them and finish the rest with Kai. I don't see why that requires you to sell off the three best releases you've got.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:35 pm

ABED wrote:Are you selling your 3 Dboxes because you want to buy a uniform release? I don't know why you wouldn't just keep them and finish the rest with Kai. I don't see why that requires you to sell off the three best releases you've got.
Ya want to collect a consistent release and I do not like double dipping that's why I want to sell my dragon boxes and keep collecting kai.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:39 am

Which Boxes do you have?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:49 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Which Boxes do you have?
3,5 and 7

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:10 am

JEFFMAN219 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:Which Boxes do you have?
3,5 and 7
Hm. I was gonna say if you had one and two at least you could finish with the FUNimation singles, but seeing as you don't, you'd have to get seasons one and two and then finish the rest with singles... Yeah, it'd be a bit of a mess.

Still whatever you do is ultimately up to you. I personally still think Kai and Z are worthy of both being collected along side each other, even if you need to get Z through orange bricks or whatever. If you'd rather just have Kai, then that's completely fine too.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:38 am

JEFFMAN219 wrote:
ABED wrote:Are you selling your 3 Dboxes because you want to buy a uniform release? I don't know why you wouldn't just keep them and finish the rest with Kai. I don't see why that requires you to sell off the three best releases you've got.
Ya want to collect a consistent release and I do not like double dipping that's why I want to sell my dragon boxes and keep collecting kai.
Where's it written that you have to collect a consistent release? Keep the Dragon Box for the Japanese version, and buy Kai (not exactly the same series) for the dub.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:17 am

For collector's purpose the only collectible releases of Kai are Parts 1-4 and the rest is somewhat of junk, because it doesn't feature the original music among other things.

So, since you just have the US Dragonboxes 3-5-7 there's no point keeping them as the rest are expensive and FUNimation at some point in the future might go back to 4x3 AR DBZ so don't miss out on that again.

By the way, do you know French or Spanish? If so then you could pick up the French/Spanish boxes.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:33 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:So, since you just have the US Dragonboxes 3-5-7 there's no point keeping them as the rest are expensive and FUNimation at some point in the future might go back to 4x3 AR DBZ so don't miss out on that again.
Keep the Dboxes because it's very likely they won't go back.

Unless those who own the dragon boxes are strapped for cash or don't intend to watch DBZ again, I have no idea why anyone would sell theirs.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:26 pm

I might just sell my Dragon Box 3 and just get dbz kai season 2.
If the rest of dragon boxes were not out of print I would've kept my dragon boxes and keep buying the rest of them.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:28 pm

ABED wrote:
JEFFMAN219 wrote:
Where's it written that you have to collect a consistent release? Keep the Dragon Box for the Japanese version, and buy Kai (not exactly the same series) for the dub.
So true! Haha. I have a bit of Frankenstein going on. :P
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:13 pm

Samurai, I love the ringworm quote, that's such a great analogy

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:40 pm

So you guys think I should keep my dragon boxes?

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:55 pm

Yea I'd just double dip. The Dragon Boxes are worth keeping.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:55 pm

JEFFMAN219 wrote:So you guys think I should keep my dragon boxes?
Yes. Unless you're strapped for cash or suddenly hate Dragon Ball Z, there's no real reason to get rid of them.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:39 am

JEFFMAN219 wrote:So you guys think I should keep my dragon boxes?
My personal opinion? Absolutely buddy. :thumbup: Really not much point in getting rid of them...Who knows, Maybe a couple years later you'll wish you would have kept them. :) And with those babies they're only going to go up in price. Once boxes 5,6 & 7 start going away to the point of not being able to get them easily, you can at-least ''Maybe'' make more money on them.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!