Is GT Goku immortal?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Re: Is GT goku immortal?

Post by MDSTSSJ » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:27 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
MDSTSSJ wrote:Well, maybe that means that he died but is not explicit at all and because of that, we do not really know for sure (that was the intention).
IMO, what happens in Toyble's DBAF fits perfectly
It doesn't matter, DBAF is a fan history and Toyble puts a halo on Goku meaning he is dead!!
Hellspawn28 wrote:I always believe Goku was put in a coma and he made a deal with Shenron via telepathically. Shenron will restore his heath back to normal if he can help purify the Dragon Balls back to normal. Goku's good-hearted body would be good enough to make the Dragon Balls back to normal.
Hellspawn opinion make more sense to me, more than Toyble's DBAF.

Goku died at first but Shenlong gave him life again to destroy Super Yi. Super Yi Xing Long attacks Goku with energy balls and does not harm Goku, nothing. Why Kakarotto is able to withstand Super Yi attacks??? Because he is dead?? I don't think so! Shenlong can't protect Goku because he is too weak to do that. Dead people can get hurt as we have seen before. Goku withstand Super Yi attacks because maybe after all he became inmortal. Kakarotto lacks halo meaning he is not dead or transformed into some kind of deity.

Shenlong wanted disappear the Dragon Balls and merge them with Goku is the best option. What happened next? Goku is a deity, an inmortal being, Dragon Balls protector, etc, we don't know for sure.

The end of Dragon Ball GT is very emotional for me and somehow always makes me sad!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:18 pm

I think what happen in Toyble's DBAF works very well and makes me wish that it was almost official.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:40 pm

MDSTSSJ wrote:It doesn't matter, DBAF is a fan history
I'm not saying that Toyble's AF is canon, or that it matters, I'm saying I imagine the whole situation between Goku & Shenlong as we saw it in AF because it fits perfectly (but everything else in AF are irrelevant). It is implied in GT that Goku & Shenlong had a conversation at some point & had a deal, and it is also implied that Goku was dead. Basically, everything we see in that special in GT is actually implied in GT:
  • It is implied that Goku & Shenlong had a conversation at some point, most likely when he was supposed to be dead.
  • Goku should have died from Super Yi Xing Long's blast, and after the Genki Dama Goku lost consciousness. It makes sense for Goku & Shenlong to have a deal, with Shenlong reviving him for a while in order to stop Super Yi Xing Long.
  • It is implied that Goku had a deal with Shenlong for Goku to come with him & become his vessel for 100 years.
MDSTSSJ wrote:and Toyble puts a halo on Goku meaning he is dead!!
That's my point, Goku is dead.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

SSDBZGOD

Post by SSDBZGOD » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:21 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote: ... I don't quite understand it,
but anything's okay if I'll be
brought back to life!

I have to beat that Yi Xing Long!

Is that really okay?
You won't be able to see your
friends again.

Yeah, no problem.
Honestly, I do not see this happening. However, Goku has left his family before for the sake of the planet Earth and for them so it is possible that this happened. It would also imply what Shenlong said to Goku before vanishing from Earth; "Are you coming along, Goku..?" - meaning that Goku knew what he meant and knew where he was going. However, I don't see why Goku would consider training in another realm since he will stay there for eternity (or unless he is summoned from the Dragon Balls.) Therefore, why does he wish to become stronger if there is no exact reason too? On Earth, it was to project the Earth from stronger enemies. But in this realm? It could be that he is waiting to be summoned from when the Earth is in danger.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:34 pm

SSDBZGOD wrote:Honestly, I do not see this happening.
You mean that Goku would prefer to stay dead, and let Yi Xing Long destroy the universe?!
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Goku111

Post by Goku111 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:50 pm

No offense but you guys are both wrong i am the ultimate fan. The eternal dragon shenlong is well immortal and goku absorbed them not just giving him immortality but the ability i heard to grant wishes.

Remember when goku was shown in the last episode of DB GT he was young but vegeta was dead they are both pure saiyan so goku did get immortal life and when he flew away he did not have a HALO !!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:52 pm

Goku111 wrote:No offense but you guys are both wrong i am the ultimate fan. The eternal dragon shenlong is well immortal and goku absorbed them not just giving him immortality but the ability i heard to grant wishes.

Remember when goku was shown in the last episode of DB GT he was young but vegeta was dead they are both pure saiyan so goku did get immortal life and when he flew away he did not have a HALO !!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
The dragon is not immortal. Remember how Daimao killed him after wishing for his youth back?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:07 pm

Remember when goku was shown in the last episode of DB GT he was young but vegeta was dead they are both pure saiyan so goku did get immortal life and when he flew away he did not have a HALO !!!!!!!!!!! :D :D[/quote]
The dragon is not immortal. Remember how Daimao killed him after wishing for his youth back?[/quote]

Dende improved him so i don't think that rule applies to the new version.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Friezacooler wrote: Dende improved him so i don't think that rule applies to the new version.
Based on what?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:37 pm

Shenron is no different then he was in the past other then he can make two wishes. Shenron has pretty much died more then once since he died when Kami died after Piccolo was killed by Nappa. He also died when the Earth was destroyed by Buu and the Black Star Dragon Balls. For someone who died four times, he's hardly immortal :roll: .
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:28 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
MDSTSSJ wrote:It doesn't matter, DBAF is a fan history
I'm not saying that Toyble's AF is canon, or that it matters, I'm saying I imagine the whole situation between Goku & Shenlong as we saw it in AF because it fits perfectly (but everything else in AF are irrelevant). It is implied in GT that Goku & Shenlong had a conversation at some point & had a deal, and it is also implied that Goku was dead. Basically, everything we see in that special in GT is actually implied in GT:
  • It is implied that Goku & Shenlong had a conversation at some point, most likely when he was supposed to be dead.
  • Goku should have died from Super Yi Xing Long's blast, and after the Genki Dama Goku lost consciousness. It makes sense for Goku & Shenlong to have a deal, with Shenlong reviving him for a while in order to stop Super Yi Xing Long.
  • It is implied that Goku had a deal with Shenlong for Goku to come with him & become his vessel for 100 years.
Yeah, I know you are not implied that!! :thumbup:

Yes, it's implied that Goku and Shenlong had a conversation previously and they make a deal.

Yes, Kakarotto died at first but after the deal, he return alive to beat Super Yi.

If Goku was dead even after the deal, Why he ( in base form ) is able to withstand Super Yi attacks with no harm? We all know that Shenlong can't do anything against someone stronger than him.

If Goku was dead, why he lacks halo?

Why Kakarotto has not aged after 100 years and has no halo even after all that time?
MDSTSSJ wrote:and Toyble puts a halo on Goku meaning he is dead!!
That's my point, Goku is dead.
Toyble's history Goku has a halo ( meaning he is dead ), while in GT not ( meaning he is not dead ). I do not know if you understand me?

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:08 am

in DBGT piccolo in heaven had a halo. While Piccolo, Freeza and Cell didn't have a halo in HFIL wouldn't be surprised if doctor Myuu was behind it. They were in a different realm, So don't know how that applies to Shenron and Goku who both didn't have a halo, Goku also was sparring with krillin and communicating with everyone who could see shenron. All i know is that the death could physically fight with the living in toei verse. Manga verse don't know except Goku assisting Gohan with Kamehameha were Piccolo confirmed ssj2 Gohan being weaker than Cell before scans show Goku's ghostly involvement. everything just points to the fact that Goku is on a different dimension than he was before just like Super Buu was to the previous Buu and Bills so not death just a supreme being.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:38 am

Let's see the facts of that scene! Goku was in a deep dyke after being overwhelmed by Yi Xinlong. Goku indeed had a conversation but with King Kai to help him to communicate with the people of Earth and beings from the entire universe. He managed to create the Universal Spirit Bomb and defeated Omega Shenron. He became unconscious, and had some wounds. After that Shenlon appeared and healed Goku's wounds making him completely conscious. After Shenlon told the story of the reason why the shadow dragons have appeared. After Goku left with Shenlon. For it's pretty simple that Goku had a conversation with Shenlon but not in that dyke, but right in that moment he was healed by Shenlon himself.

All these mean Goku wasn't dead, just in the worst case clinical dead! I also think Shenlon wasn't the same like before 'till Goku defeated Omega Shenron... I don't think Goku could have had any deal with him as he used to be most likely evil.

Shenlon wanted to avoid the people to over-use again the Dragon Balls so he had a deal with Goku to be a guardian of them and to make sure they will be used only once in 100 years. But I repeat he told this Goku after he(Shenlon) has been restored.

After 100 years the Dragon Balls became usable again as Goku Jr. could find the Four-Star-Ball. So I think we can assume Goku had defused from the Dragon Balls but remained fused with Shenlon. So Goku was immortal being fused with Shenlon, and I think he can grant wishes.

Shenlon was immortal in sense of he never get too old to die, but I don't think he was invincible too. The two words don't mean the same.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Friezacooler
Regular

Re: Is GT Goku immortal?

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:27 am

it is nearly similar to the ending of Journey to the west conquering the demons.

Austinwins3801

Post by Austinwins3801 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:13 am

Rock the Dragon!

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:33 pm

Friezacooler wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:27 am it is nearly similar to the ending of Journey to the west conquering the demons.
A Journey to the West type ending would be the best ending, Turn Goku into a force Ghost that appears to give advice every time the new Gen finds a Dragon Ball.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote: