Kai Episode 105 (18 May 2014)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ajay

Re: Kai Episode 105 (18 May 2014)

Post by Ajay » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Fionordequester wrote:But seriously, what's with the hate? I don't get it. I really, just, don't get it. What's up? Is it just me being someone who was, at best, lukewarm to Kikuchi? Maybe me liking Team Faulconer (still my favorite anime soundtrack) has something to do with it? Or is this just a matter of it being "too different" from Kikuchi? Because I will grant that it's definitely not done in the same style as Kikuchi.
This episode was mostly fine. It's not that people have an issue with the tracks themselves, it's just the placement of them. It's been pretty poor in the longrun. Watch this week's episode and you'll see what I mean. They're choosing epic, finale-like music for the jokey Mighty Mask vs. #18 fight. Amazing track but horribly inappropriate.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Kai Episode 105 (18 May 2014)

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:49 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:This episode was mostly fine. It's not that people have an issue with the tracks themselves, it's just the placement of them. It's been pretty poor in the longrun. Watch this week's episode and you'll see what I mean. They're choosing epic, finale-like music for the jokey Mighty Mask vs. #18 fight. Amazing track but horribly inappropriate.
I see. Fair enough. Though, music placement has just about always been a problem, hasn't it? Whether it's the occasional rushed or odd placements of the Team Faulconer score and this, or the repetitive placements of the Yamamoto and Kikuchi scores (for both versions).
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".