"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

enjyu123
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by enjyu123 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:03 pm

At the moment this seems highly unplausible but since Toriyama said that in the latest Movie Vegeta will get to shine, I'm just hoping the latest movie is in this game. :)
"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause troubles without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood… and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others: They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they’ve never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them… because in truth, I am that monster."
L (Death Note)

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:08 pm

EXBadguy wrote:Surprise nobody's posted this yet. Special moves video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDEfXseoyUI
I like the variety of the supers and Yamcha playing Opossum is cool as hell lol, I wonder how that's going to play in once fights start getting intense. Still bummed about the Ultimates being so generic though. Really rreeaaallly hope they get touched up or upgraded in some way in the final release. I mean its not a deal breaker its just gonna be something that bothers me for a bit.

I also have a strange feeling that we won't see any movie or GT characters this time around. Hope I'm wrong, won't be mad if I'm right though. Since they're borrowing so much from DBO I feel like only the main four arcs of Z will be covered and I guess a quick Bardock prequel fight as well and maybe BOG too, again I doubt it but we'll see.

On another note though, just how many characters can we create? Is it just one per profile or can we make at least five? I mean, they're so many options available that limiting to only one per profile would be kind crazy.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:22 pm

enjyu123 wrote:At the moment this seems highly unplausible but since Toriyama said that in the latest Movie Vegeta will get to shine, I'm just hoping the latest movie is in this game. :)
That barely makes sense. There is a very good chance that this game will be out before the next film.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

enjyu123
Beyond Newbie

Post by enjyu123 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:26 pm

Well it was just wishful thinking but I thought the movie was coming out in march and the game could potentially come in April, since that is early 2015. So their is still a chance that they could be in the game, And if they are I called it. :D
"There are many types of monsters that scare me: Monsters who cause troubles without showing themselves, monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood… and then, monsters who tell nothing but lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance: They are much more cunning than others: They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart; they eat even though they’ve never experienced hunger; they study even though they have no interest in academics; they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such monsters, I would likely be eaten by them… because in truth, I am that monster."
L (Death Note)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:29 pm

The movie is coming out in late April, early May. With an early 2015 date on the game, I'm thinking sometime between January and March. Maaaaybe early April at the latest. Otherwise you start getting out of "early" 2015 and into the middle of it.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:33 pm

We'd be lucky to get any of that movie included. We'd be lucky to get BOG at that.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

enjyu123
Beyond Newbie

Post by enjyu123 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:37 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The movie is coming out in late April, early May. With an early 2015 date on the game, I'm thinking sometime between January and March. Maaaaybe early April at the latest. Otherwise you start getting out of "early" 2015 and into the middle of it.
Woops my bad I thought the Golden Week was in March my bad. In that case their will be no Dragon Ball 2015 movie characters, but atleast I can still hope for GT characters. :oops:

Also, how does your avatar keep changing because I swear every minute it is a new avatar. Does it change automatically or do you change it yourself,if you do it yourself that's what you call commitment.
Last edited by enjyu123 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L (Death Note)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:38 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:We'd be lucky to get any of that movie included. We'd be lucky to get BOG at that.
I'd agree that I don't think we're going to get anything from the new movie, but I will be beyond shocked if Battle of Gods isn't represented here. Even if it's the only movie that is, it's still way to new for them to not milk it some more. Heck, Beerus has only appeared in one game so far (well, two, if you count Heroes), so I'm almost 100% confident he's gonna be in this one too. Same with Super Saiyan God for Goku. Now, whether or not Whis will appear and be playable, that's another question entirely.

Also, I really hope the characters get their Battle of Gods outfits. I really, really want to play as Kuririn with that clothing and hairstyle.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:39 pm

There is a good chance for some BOG stuff to be included but for the new up coming movie I don't think so.
But hey there's always DLC right guys.......
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

PrinceOfAllSaiyans

Post by PrinceOfAllSaiyans » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:44 pm

If we're talking DLC, please don't just make it the pre-order characters. Something more substantial would be nice, like Super Saiyan god Vegito, or something crazy like that.

Flopro18
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Flopro18 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:46 pm

I still have hope for what if characters. I don't think its implausible that they have a chance of getting in, hell, not even unlikely. This has more chances of having the transformations I want than any DBZ game ever.

PrinceOfAllSaiyans

Post by PrinceOfAllSaiyans » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:47 pm

Flopro18 wrote:I still have hope for what if characters. I don't think its implausible that they have a chance of getting in, hell, not even unlikely. This has more chances of having the transformations I want than any DBZ game ever.
I really, really hope that Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta makes his triumphant return.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:55 pm

We don't need a crazy preorder bonus like Super Saiyan God Vegetto. I'd be fine with a character or two that already existed, like SS3 Future Trunks, SS/2 Bardock, SS3 Broli, whatever (assuming they wouldn't be vital to the story or something, then pick someone else).

If we get what-if transformations included in the story, I could see Vegeta getting SS3 as one of them. Towa and Mira take over bad guys. So have them take over and power up Maoji Vegeta with SS3 to match Goku. Regular Vegeta would then have it to use later on in the arc. This is easy for them too, because I feel like all the Vegeta versions will be outfits for a single slot. The demo has people picking Vegeta in his Cell Arc armor, but he has his Saiyan Arc scouter in the portrait. I could see Maoji being a costume too.

PrinceOfAllSaiyans

Post by PrinceOfAllSaiyans » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:08 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:We don't need a crazy preorder bonus like Super Saiyan God Vegetto. I'd be fine with a character or two that already existed, like SS3 Future Trunks, SS/2 Bardock, SS3 Broli, whatever (assuming they wouldn't be vital to the story or something, then pick someone else).

If we get what-if transformations included in the story, I could see Vegeta getting SS3 as one of them. Towa and Mira take over bad guys. So have them take over and power up Maoji Vegeta with SS3 to match Goku. Regular Vegeta would then have it to use later on in the arc. This is easy for them too, because I feel like all the Vegeta versions will be outfits for a single slot. The demo has people picking Vegeta in his Cell Arc armor, but he has his Saiyan Arc scouter in the portrait. I could see Maoji being a costume too.
Not sure if you're manually changing your avatar or you've got a script to do it automatically...
OT: Would love to see how the Majin situation would end up turning out if Vegeta got Super Saiyan 3 from it. His sacrificial blast might even end up killing Majin Buu, or even more interesting, he's able to resist Towa and Mira's control, having to work together with Goku and the Player Character to fight them.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:20 pm

POST 2000!!! Extended English Trailer in Full HD!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKgU26GDeZk

I really wish Hebert narrated as opposed to Sabat.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Oh man, oh man, oh man...just seeing even more explained here is getting me even more hyped. Cannot. Wait. For this game. Gaahhhh.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:36 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:We don't need a crazy preorder bonus like Super Saiyan God Vegetto. I'd be fine with a character or two that already existed, like SS3 Future Trunks, SS/2 Bardock, SS3 Broli, whatever (assuming they wouldn't be vital to the story or something, then pick someone else).
I never liked the idea of using what if SSJ forms as a cheap bribe. Not especially if these have been done before. I'd rater get an original character, like the Kaioshin of Time, Baby-Janemba or the villain playable early or an ecxlusive CAC costume something.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:42 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:I never liked the idea of using what if SSJ forms as a cheap bribe. Not especially if these have been done before. I'd rater get an original character, like the Kaioshin of Time, Baby-Janemba or the villain playable early or an ecxlusive CAC costume something.
I'm just giving the easier examples. They can do non-Saiyans too, like the new Kibitoshin and Babidi fusions for Buu. Something like Bebi Janenba would be dumb to me if we don't get Janenba or Bebi in the game though. Also, I'd much prefer extra characters to costumes or early unlocks for characters that should already be in the game (Towa, Mira, Time Kaioshin...if the decide to make her a fighter).

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:44 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:Surprise nobody's posted this yet. Special moves video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDEfXseoyUI
I like the variety of the supers and Yamcha playing Opossum is cool as hell lol, I wonder how that's going to play in once fights start getting intense. Still bummed about the Ultimates being so generic though. Really rreeaaallly hope they get touched up or upgraded in some way in the final release. I mean its not a deal breaker its just gonna be something that bothers me for a bit.

I also have a strange feeling that we won't see any movie or GT characters this time around. Hope I'm wrong, won't be mad if I'm right though. Since they're borrowing so much from DBO I feel like only the main four arcs of Z will be covered and I guess a quick Bardock prequel fight as well and maybe BOG too, again I doubt it but we'll see.

On another note though, just how many characters can we create? Is it just one per profile or can we make at least five? I mean, they're so many options available that limiting to only one per profile would be kind crazy.

No offense but it would blatantly stupid to NOT put in DBZ Movie Characters. GT and Z Movie Characters and other filler characters can be in the game without being involved with the story mode. I mean we're getting a big roster for this game. I don't why people in the DBC think that we're getting 50 characters in the game.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:46 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:POST 2000!!! Extended English Trailer in Full HD!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKgU26GDeZk
Congratulations for reaching OVER 2000!!! posts. Now if you don't mind I gotta catch a train. All aboard the the hype train CHOO CHOO.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars