"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: The First PlayStation 4 Game Cometh

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri May 16, 2014 5:09 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:They actually were that lazy they had to reuse Raging Blast 1's music for their acclaimed "new" game.
Not only Raging Blast 1 tracks but also from Ultimate Blast and Tenkaichi Tag Team.

It'd be understandable but the game wasn't even developed by Spike to be using soundtracks from Spike games.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

dariend777

Post by dariend777 » Fri May 16, 2014 5:16 pm

i heard from a reliable source that they've been working on this game since October. I wonder if we will finally get a free roam story mode like in budokai 3 except this time i hope they let the player land on the ground without having to go to a loading screen first. Also, I think a great selling point would be to have one huge rpg mode with your favorite character or ur own customized character being able to interact with other characters and make choices that have various consequences. I don't think that they are willing to do that much work though. probably too good to be true. ...the graphics do look amazing though; that's undeniable.
"I would rather have an inferiority complex and be pleasantly surprised, than have a superiority complex and be rudely awakened."
Vanna Bonta quotes

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri May 16, 2014 5:22 pm

dariend777 wrote:The graphics do look amazing though; that's undeniable.
The graphics remind me a lot of Burst Limit and it still remains as graphically the best Dragon Ball looking game on any home console yet. Of course this is most likely not being developed by Dimps because it'd be too good to be true but they could, as those screens shown could be cutscenes.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri May 16, 2014 5:28 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:They actually were that lazy they had to reuse Raging Blast 1's music for their acclaimed "new" game.
Not only Raging Blast 1 tracks but also from Ultimate Blast and Tenkaichi Tag Team.

It'd be understandable but the game wasn't even developed by Spike to be using soundtracks from Spike games.
Yet they said they couldn't re-use spike's charecter models cause they were a diffrent developer
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri May 16, 2014 5:29 pm

I've been kinda done with the yearly games since Burst Limit, similar reasons as others have posted (the endless repetition of same story line every time with little new content) but I will check in on the thread to see if we get any new 2-D animation out of this.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Fri May 16, 2014 6:07 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
dariend777 wrote:The graphics do look amazing though; that's undeniable.
The graphics remind me a lot of Burst Limit and it still remains as graphically the best Dragon Ball looking game on any home console yet. Of course this is most likely not being developed by Dimps because it'd be too good to be true but they could.
I dunno, looking closely at SSJGoku it looks exactly like his BoZ model. If Artdink is making this, I'm out.
Dimps isnt ever coming back according to Namco, they're work was too high quality to meet their standards - cant have any fighting game preform with any quality not syphoned into their babies Naruto and Tekken. In reality though they never gave any reason why they arent even a consideration. Nope. Lets hire the cheapest freelance company to fill the space. They'll buy it anyway.
sintzu wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:

Yet they said they couldn't re-use spike's charecter models cause they were a diffrent developer
They also said in an interview before they left during UB/UT's development that Spike was modestly willing to leave them avavilble so that they can be used by someone else. Yet instead we get the blocky ugly muddy things they used in BoZ?

I assume that maybe the music is provided from a source outside the developers most likely and these were just their stock tracks. They filled B3/HD a game made by an entirely different publisher with BT3 tracks. Oddly enough they have the rights to resell that game but they cant reuse models from games they made themselves? Spike doesnt known any share in DBZ content or licencing so why would their work be off limits? Namco's willing to recycle everything else BUT the good stuff.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Fri May 16, 2014 6:31 pm

I've got a LOT to say about this one, so let's start some discussions.
Good graphics? Check! Thank God after the crappy Battle of Z stuff...
Character Creator returns? Looks like it! Hopefully it will include a lot more features as UT's was pure shit...
Story Mode returns? Again, it looks like it based on the final image of Goku and Vegeta doing their famous poses.
Good Gameplay? PLEASE GOD!! Based on the images alone, it could be like Budokai Tenkaichi/Raging Blast, but I doubt it... Honestly, I don't know how they'll EVER top the play-style of Raging Blast 2 besides copying it and adding a bit more balance to it. Still, Gameplay IS the most important thing. It was literally the ONLY thing holding UT and BoZ from being good for me.
Now for some other questions and wants.
Will Battle of Gods characters return? I think Bills/Whis/SSjGod Goku should ALWAYS remain in DBZ video games from now on.
Will GT character return? Based on BoZ, will they continue with the same idea? I may not care for the story of GT, but there are SO many awesome characters they should still keep. SSj4, Omega, Baby, and Super17 regardless of the situation.
Will SSjBardock FINALLY be in a GOOD game? Yes, both DBZ for Kinect and BoZ were horrible in my opinion. The ONLY good thing about BoZ was being able to run, which leads to the next question...
Will ground running return? This was the only cool thing in BoZ and looks WAY better on J-Stars.
Will SSj3 Vegeta and Broly return? Why not?...
Will other characters like Tarble, Hatchiyack, Gokule, Tiencha, etc. return? Tarble and Hatchiyack maybe, but the what-if guys...idk. :/
Will we see characters brand new to the DBZ fighting games? For example like how Raging Blast 2 did with Cooler's Armored Squad.
Will the roster be at least as big as Raging Blast 2's? Asking for Budokai Tenkaichi numbers is asking for too much...
Will we FINALLY get more Dragonball Heroes characters in an American released game? PLEASE!! Give us AT LEAST SSj3 Future Trunks!
Even though it only says PS4, is everyone sure that there will be Xbox One/360/PS3 releases as well?

I could go on...
The first 2 panels on the image look the best for sure. The Kamehameha in the first panel is easily the best ever shown in a video game.
PLEASE show more at E3 in June!........though Kingdom Hearts 3 is much more important. :wink:

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Fri May 16, 2014 6:42 pm

Character creation wont mean a damn thing if you cant make a female character, or a non-Saiyan creature. Then theres the fact that youre always forced to be some Goku wannabe, corny goodie two shoes.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri May 16, 2014 6:54 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Image

Love those models much like the Victory Vs. ones.

Probably going to be Tenkaichi Budokai-esque garbage as per usual though.

Hurry up Hyper DBZ
Bottom-left corner looks very interesting. I feel like new or different locations are something we don't see enough of in DB games. Sure, they might only be backgrounds, but when they're well made they can be really cool to look at. The DB-Universe is so vast. Why not take advantage of that? I think new stages would go a long way to giving the DB Fighting Game franchise a more refreshed feel. This might sound like I'm exaggerating, but I think it's equally as tiring to see Plains, Rocky Mountains, Tenkaichi Budokai Arena, Namek, Namek-Dying, City, and the Kaioshin Realm year after year, as it is playing Raditz-Buu. Why not the Baseball Stadium? Or Basil Airport? You could do a lot of neat interactive things with those. Hell, I'd even take a forest stage where you can destroy trees or run along branches.
dariend777 wrote:I wonder if we will finally get a free roam story mode like in budokai 3 except this time i hope they let the player land on the ground without having to go to a loading screen first
Budokai 3's story-mode...why? Why haven't they produced something equally awesome after 10 whole years?! That's right, Budokai 3 came out a decade ago. :shock: Easily the best story-mode we've ever had on a DBZ console fighting game. Unlocking Broli and Coola were always neat side-stories and a great way to mix it up a bit.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:40 pm

I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri May 16, 2014 10:50 pm

Are the graphics in that scan for the PS4 version because they look great. I wonder if a Xbox One version is possible as well?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dariend777

Post by dariend777 » Fri May 16, 2014 11:05 pm

hopefully those are ps4 graphics and i hope that the ps3 graphics aren't too far behind. For those who haven't transitioned to next gen-including myself would probably want the the graphics on ps3 and 360 to look at least as good as burst limit.
"I would rather have an inferiority complex and be pleasantly surprised, than have a superiority complex and be rudely awakened."
Vanna Bonta quotes

NitroEX

Post by NitroEX » Sat May 17, 2014 12:02 am

So it's only for PS4? no Xbox One version? Not that I have either console but it just seems weird for it to be exclusive.

I'm surprised no one seems to be talking about the "mysterious youth" (how original :roll:) watching Vegeta and Goku fight. Maybe this means the return of a character creator for story mode. Though I bet they totally botch it again regardless of their past mistakes, such incompetent devs. :yawn:

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sat May 17, 2014 12:24 am

I'd wait until the western release announcement before ruling out Xbox One for this game. That platform hasn't launched in Japan yet, and will meet a cold shoulder upon arrival.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sat May 17, 2014 1:11 am

Normally I'd jump on the bandwagon of people refusing to get excited but...I don't think I can even get excited by this. There's nothing new in that scan and it looks like another retread through BoZ with what will probably be a lackluster character creator.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

dariend777

Post by dariend777 » Sat May 17, 2014 1:48 am

Has anyone else noticed the "dbhum2" at the bottum left of the scan. I hope that doesn't stand for dragon ball heroes ultimate mission 2. Oh God NO!! That gameplay style is way too slow for me.
Vanna Bonta quotes

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat May 17, 2014 2:06 am

dariend777 wrote:Has anyone else noticed the "dbhum2" at the bottum left of the scan. I hope that doesn't stand for dragon ball heroes ultimate mission 2. Oh God NO!! That gameplay style is way too slow for me.
They do this all the time. It's an arrow telling you there is information about that game later in the magazine...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dariend777

Post by dariend777 » Sat May 17, 2014 2:13 am

*sigh of relief * thank God. Thanks for leting me know.
I hope there is a lot of destruction in this game. The bigger the explosions the better :D :mrgreen:
Vanna Bonta quotes

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat May 17, 2014 3:48 am

dariend777 wrote:hopefully those are ps4 graphics and i hope that the ps3 graphics aren't too far behind. For those who haven't transitioned to next gen-including myself would probably want the the graphics on ps3 and 360 to look at least as good as burst limit.
For a "next-gen" game that's something a lot of us have played probably isn't worth spending $400 on a console for it, besides it's coming out for the last-gen systems too so it'll work out fine.

You know, if Microsoft had allowed Titanfall (MS/EA deal) to be released the same day on Xbox 360 as it was on Xbox One they'd have lost the XO sales to the 360 because the game looks identical minus the graphics are a bit inferior, as expected on a last-gen system.

And in terms of games PS4/XO doesn't have anything interesting so far to make me wanna get either, perhaps when they begin to release awesome exclusive titles I'll consider, which is why I got Wii U for its exclusives.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat May 17, 2014 5:41 am

Well I hope it will be good... But after seeing the epicness of Hyper Dragon Ball Z I wish a damn true 2d figthing game like it... Hire SNK or someone else and do it!!!