DBZ Kai coming to Toonami

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Re: DBZ Kai coming to Toonami

Post by El Diabeetus » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:26 am

The Broly movie has Cha La on it's English with Original BGM track in the movie packs set. Pretty sure they just used that version without edits.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:44 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:So Toonami starts at 12:00 AM now? I guess Adult Swim really needs more time slots for Family Guy huh? I miss when Adult Swim was not the Fox Animation channel since that's what AS has been for the last few years. Rick & Morty, Aqua Teen and Mike Tyson Mysteries only come on Sundays or Mondays.
Well, those Family Guy ratings probably bring in more ratings than any show on Toonami, to be honest.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:10 pm

Kakacarrottop wrote: None? seriously it's 2015, not 2003 anymore, .
"Fucking seriously? It's 2015, not the 1980s anymore. Kikuchi's outdated as fuck!" says the English/Falconer fans
"Fucking seriously? It's 2015, not the early 2000s anymore. Rock and metal are sooo not for Dragon Ball anymore" says the Kikuchi fans

Not pointing at anyone here, just putting that out there.

Now, back on topic. Nice to see that the ratings are decent, but still fucked up that Toonami decided to cut some shows off for AD's shitty shows(though Aqua Teens, Boondocks, and Family Guy are the only good shows on Adult Swim to me).
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:15 pm

^I think the point he was trying to make is that it's 2015, a time when most dubbing companies have moved away from replacing music, and not 2003 where it was common.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:32 pm

I know that, I was just using that metal thing for example. Still...I miss those days! :(
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:43 pm

Kid Buu wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:So Toonami starts at 12:00 AM now? I guess Adult Swim really needs more time slots for Family Guy huh? I miss when Adult Swim was not the Fox Animation channel since that's what AS has been for the last few years. Rick & Morty, Aqua Teen and Mike Tyson Mysteries only come on Sundays or Mondays.
Well, those Family Guy ratings probably bring in more ratings than any show on Toonami, to be honest.
Do people watch Family Guy at 3:00 AM? Most people seem to watch it when it's on 10:30 or 11:00 - 11:30 PM.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:42 am

Kakacarrottop wrote:I also don't see how anyone could be "angry" at the JPN music being used
Every time they air a movie with the Japanese score, people bitch up a storm.
Not here, of course, but it's definitely something that happens. A lot.

That said, I'm glad we're starting to leave the days of US replacement scores behind us.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:02 am

FatNagger69 wrote:
Kakacarrottop wrote:I also don't see how anyone could be "angry" at the JPN music being used
Every time they air a movie with the Japanese score, people bitch up a storm.
Not here, of course, but it's definitely something that happens. A lot.
I don't blame them though, at least when it comes to the movies and games, becuz some people, myself included, thought for most of the replacement scores was a good differentiation from the show and if you think about it, it modernizes it too. Though, yeah, if Toei uses Kikuchi's score in some of the movies and games(and ONLY those two, Kai's fucked up thanks to Kikuchi imo), it might give his music a good reputation, even if some(like me) won't like it in the end.

So yeah, I kinda agree that the replacement score is getting outta style...but that doesn't mean I can't wish for a replacement score for Kai. BRING BACK FALCONAAAH!!

Anyway, as for Toonami in general, I don't really watch it anymore. One, cuz of Kikuchi-Kai(devolution at its finest), and two, I work early in the morning(8 am), and third, I'm not really interested in anime like I used to. DBZ:K(after a few episodes, I stopped, cuz of Kikuchi), AoT(lost interest), and One Piece(same as AoT, lost interest) were the only shows I watched. Most of today's anime I see are the same crap. Too much crying, too much "let's save this person", and too much fanservice for my take.

Still even if I don't watch Toonami anymore, I still wish Kai the best to have one of the best ratings.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:28 am

Strange how Adult Swin went from showing the first episode of Kai with the Kenji Yamamoto track back to the Kikuchi version for the following.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:44 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Strange how Adult Swin went from showing the first episode of Kai with the Kenji Yamamoto track back to the Kikuchi version for the following.
It was an accident.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:23 am

This may be a dumb question, but does the Kikuchi track for Kai have all the insert songs?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:30 am

All except Saiyan Blood and News of the Cell Games (As Yamamoto composed those).
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:55 am

Puto wrote:All except Saiyan Blood and News of the Cell Games (As Yamamoto composed those).
Ah, man. That's a bummer...especially Saiyan Blood. At least they're not all gone, I suppose.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:44 pm

Son Goku wrote:
Aqua Teen actually came back to weekdays recently.
I didn't know that. I still hate Adult Swim's line up these days since 90% of it is Fox animated shows. What happen to the good old days of Adult Swim? The days when the block was filled not with 4 hours of Fox Programming. Remember when they had Home Movies, Harvery Birdman Attorney at Law, Space Ghost Coast to Coast (I know it was pre-AS but it was still on) and Sealab 2021? Mike Tyson Mysteries, Rick and Morty and Superjail are the only good new AS shows that they have done in the last few years in my opinion. Everything else since 2006 or 2007 has been utter crap in my opinion. Aqua Teen is still funny and it seems like Metalocalypse.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Son Goku wrote:
Aqua Teen actually came back to weekdays recently.
I didn't know that. I still hate Adult Swim's line up these days since 90% of it is Fox animated shows. What happen to the good old days of Adult Swim? The days when the block was filled not with 4 hours of Fox Programming. Remember when they had Home Movies, Harvery Birdman Attorney at Law, Space Ghost Coast to Coast (I know it was pre-AS but it was still on) and Sealab 2021? Mike Tyson Mysteries, Rick and Morty and Superjail are the only good new AS shows that they have done in the last few years in my opinion. Everything else since 2006 or 2007 has been utter crap in my opinion. Aqua Teen is still funny and it seems like Metalocalypse.
I used to love Harvey Birdman as a kid. it's a shame that AS pretty much sucks now (excluding toonami of course)