The International Version of the Buu-Kai Arc

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Re: The International (/Korean) Version of the Buu-Kai Arc

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:14 am

Her name's Bidel in Japanese too actually. Or technically Biideru, but same thing. And I want to say it was "Beedel" in the Japanese comic according to Herms. Might not be remembering the spelling quite right, though.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:01 am

coola wrote:I'm sorry for being so negative, but from what i've seen so far, Kai should be forever marked as perfect example of "How not to do a remake" Everything went wrong with it so far, music fiasco, bad filler/original material balance, and now this.
Sure it isn't perfect but a full remake from toie would be even worse,Not only will we have to deal with the music but also the animation
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:26 pm

Could someone tell me, please, if Gohan date with Angela was kept in International version?
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:50 pm

coola wrote:Could someone tell me, please, if Gohan date with Angela was kept in International version?
It's not there. Some earlier scenes from the episode was there. Like Gohan going to school.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:19 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:Episode #5 of the International Version aired in Korea Yesterday.

As I thought, next week's episode: #6 will be Gohan teaching Videl how to fly.

Korean Title: "6화 선생님이 된 오반! 비델 무공술 입문"

From what I can gather (using google) It pretty much mirrors the Japanese Kai title for this episode: "Gohan’s the Teacher! Videl’s Introduction to Flight".
Huh that's the title? Maybe I misread my Cousin's text but I thought the translated version would be
"The Teacher is Gohan! Videl's introduction to flight!".

I know it's just a word swap is not that big of a deal but that's how I translated. Also to be sure(Even though I hate Google translate) here's what Google translate gave me

Chemistry teacher in Oban! Bidel Gong introductory wine " :lol: .

The Bold words are the CORRECT wording. Yes Videl is Bidel in Korean.
Google gave me the same as it gave you, (but as we can see above, it didn't make any sense lol). So I gave the English translation from the Japanese episode of the same name.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Personally, the only reason I'm even interested in Kai is the new English dub. If there's more or less filler, I couldn't care less. The more I have to replace the original dub, the better.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Big Momma wrote:Personally, the only reason I'm even interested in Kai is the new English dub. If there's more or less filler, I couldn't care less. The more I have to replace the original dub, the better.
For me it's the english dub plus the fact that it's the only affordable way to own Z in both 4:3 and with good video quality

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:30 pm

sintzu wrote:
Big Momma wrote:Personally, the only reason I'm even interested in Kai is the new English dub. If there's more or less filler, I couldn't care less. The more I have to replace the original dub, the better.
For me it's the english dub plus the fact that it's the only affordable way to own Z in both 4:3 and with good video quality
Well, 'ya might want to hold off on that, because there's a lot of evidence coming out suggesting that the Buu saga will be available exclusively in 16:9. I'm hoping that FUNimation was given a 4:3 version, but I'm not counting on it.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:27 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote: Well, 'ya might want to hold off on that, because there's a lot of evidence coming out suggesting that the Buu saga will be available exclusively in 16:9. I'm hoping that FUNimation was given a 4:3 version, but I'm not counting on it.
Apart from that (which I'm sure we will get cause it was made for them so it would make sense to have the arc be in 4:3 like the others) both the picture qulity and 16:9 is better then what we have on the Z blu ray's

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:19 am

Has a better version of "Fight it Out!" surfaced yet?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:35 am

Kirbopher wrote:Has a better version of "Fight it Out!" surfaced yet?
You can hear it in the background of this pretty clearly - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oepystzjs5E
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:16 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
Kirbopher wrote:Has a better version of "Fight it Out!" surfaced yet?
You can hear it in the background of this pretty clearly - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oepystzjs5E
Eh, a little too much screaming for the song to be heard clearly (although, what I could hear clearly, I liked...the more I listen, the more I'm convinced that I'm going to like "Fight It Out" infinitely more than "Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go"). Still, thanks for posting that clip. I'm fascinated with dubbing, and it's always fun for me to see behind-the-scenes footage of dubs. What's particularly interesting about this clip is that it appears the Korean method of dubbing is extremely similar to the Japanese method of dubbing/voice acting in that all of the actors are in one big room and don't appear to be relying on any audio/visual ques for their lines (other than perhaps time codes, but I can't see any).
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:42 pm

I'm happy that for the International Edt. they'll be using different OP/ED songs because I personally never really liked the Japanese Edt. songs too much, they just didn't feel like Dragon Ball-fied for me.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:37 pm

It's been airing in Korea for a couple weeks now and nobody's done a HQ capture of the opening? Seriously? Internet, you surprise me.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:57 pm

Kirbopher wrote:It's been airing in Korea for a couple weeks now and nobody's done a HQ capture of the opening? Seriously? Internet, you surprise me.
I'm surprised by the internet about this too, I mean, I can only hear a camera recording of "Never Give Up" a few dozen times before wanting to hear a high quality capture of the ending.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:04 pm

Kirbopher wrote:It's been airing in Korea for a couple weeks now and nobody's done a HQ capture of the opening? Seriously? Internet, you surprise me.
I'm even a little surprised by Kanzenshuu. Among our membership, I thought we had a decent network of spies and informants. :lol:

I joke, of course, I'm not disappointed that an HQ version hasn't been posted yet. Of course, if anyone wants to change that, feel free!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:38 pm

You mean nobody in Korea right? Cause unless you buy it or lucky enough to find clips on the internet, that's ILLEGAL there.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:00 pm

I'm not very aware of that aspect of law, but isn't it supposed to be illegal EVERYWHERE anyway, to capture something that's being aired and put it online for everyone to watch afterwards? Even if it's just an opening?

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:30 pm

Cold Skin wrote:I'm not very aware of that aspect of law, but isn't it supposed to be illegal EVERYWHERE anyway, to capture something that's being aired and put it online for everyone to watch afterwards? Even if it's just an opening?
If it's just a few snippits and used for journalistic (like reviews) or parody purposes then it should be covered by fair use.
I'm saying "should" because a lot of companies still strike you down if you even look at them funny.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:00 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
You mean nobody in Korea right? Cause unless you buy it or lucky enough to find clips on the internet, that's ILLEGAL there.
You know your avatar is technically illegal too, right? It's an unauthorized reproduction of a character in a copyrighted work.

Much like uploading the opening song to a TV anime, no one really cares.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.