What Sort Of Release Are You Expecting After The Season Sets

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PhoenixEX
Regular

What Sort Of Release Are You Expecting After The Season Sets

Post by PhoenixEX » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:26 am

Besides the Battle of Gods Blu-ray release, after the Blu-ray season sets are done, what sort of release are you expecting next?
GT on Blu-ray? Another Z release on Blu-ray?
One World. 🌐 🕊

SupremeSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Re: What Sort Of Release Are You Expecting After The Season

Post by SupremeSSJ » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:29 am

I think Funi will release kai next, after that idk maybe the movies with level set treatment? I really want more Dragon Boxes.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:44 am

They're going to project cropped DBZ on the walls of major buildings and skyscrapers in the U.S. There will be no sound, but play-by-play narration from Sean Schemmel. This release will be limited edition.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:17 am

Hopefully GT & DB with the same remastering as the Z BD's.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:28 am

If that happens, I will never buy another FUNimation product again.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/29/24!)
Current Episode: Attack of the Member Berries - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 3

JackyBoi99
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by JackyBoi99 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:32 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:If that happens, I will never buy another FUNimation product again.
Is it bad that I found that really funny^?

Back to topic, funimation will probably re release the movies in a new remaster and that might be it... For a while.
It is clear that sometime in Mark Satan's life, he acquired the dragon balls and called upon shenlong to grant him immortality.

98% of Kanzenshuu-goers have not kissed a girl. If you're one of the 2% that has, copy and paste this into your signature.
- Kid Buu

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:56 am

JackyBoi99 wrote:
Gaffer Tape wrote:If that happens, I will never buy another FUNimation product again.
Eh... only if it's because you think that's some kind of bluff or fanboy whining. I have no need for their products. I don't need a new "fix" every other week. I firmly believe in voting with my wallet. And if a company refuses to treat their properties with the smallest level of respect, I feel no need to support their business.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/29/24!)
Current Episode: Attack of the Member Berries - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 3

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:57 am

So, we'll get the Boo arc of Kai. Almost 100% sure it'll be in 16:9.

After that, we'll probably have some down time. After that? Fuck knows. Probably nothing worth looking at anyway.

Wouldn't mind a good GT Blu-ray. I can't see them cropping that since they're well aware of the type of fans who would bother to buy it.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

JackyBoi99
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by JackyBoi99 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:06 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:
JackyBoi99 wrote:
Eh... only if it's because you think that's some kind of bluff or fanboy whining. I have no need for their products. I don't need a new "fix" every other week. I firmly believe in voting with my wallet. And if a company refuses to treat their properties with the smallest level of respect, I feel no need to support their business.
Believe me I'm 100% on your side, I just thought it was a good response :lol: . To be honest I have had enough with Funimation churning out release after release, it's become redundant as hell now. :yawn:
It is clear that sometime in Mark Satan's life, he acquired the dragon balls and called upon shenlong to grant him immortality.

98% of Kanzenshuu-goers have not kissed a girl. If you're one of the 2% that has, copy and paste this into your signature.
- Kid Buu

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:27 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Hopefully GT & DB with the same remastering as the Z BD's.
Dear God, I hope this won't happen. I can barely stomach seeing Dragon BAll Z dragged through the mud with these Blu ray Seasons. I don't think I could keep my rage in check if Funimation insulted the original Dragon Ball with such poor treatment. For once I'm glad Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball GT don't have the same mainstream following that Dragon Ball Z has. Otherwise Funimation might actually be tempted to crop and DNR their releases as well.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:47 pm

What am I expecting? God only knows. Nobody can predict FUNimation anymore. Kai: The Final Chapters is all we can expect at this point. Maybe a couple of blu-ray DBZ movie sets using the same "restoration" techniques as the series?

What would I like? I gotta be honest. Dragon Ball needs a break. Not just Z, all of it. Give some time for the brands to build up some decent demand for a re-release. At this point, the only way I'm going to buy any re-releases from FUNi is if they have...

Dragon Ball Series: Dragon Box footage with Dragon Box audio.
Dragon Ball Movies: Dragon Box footage with Dragon Box audio.

Dragon Ball Z Series: Nope. You can't make me. I've got the FUNiBoxes. I'm done.
Dragon Ball Z Movies: Dragon Box footage with Dragon Box audio.

Dragon Ball GT Series: Dragon Box footage with Dragon Box audio.

Dragon Ball Kai Series: Nope. I've got my blu-ray sets. I'm done.

The reason I'm not asking for broadcast audio for DB, DBZ, or DBGT is because that would apparently require Toei and Pony Canyon to admit that they spent an absurd amount of money to restore inferior audio tracks when they could have just worked out a deal with the TV stations that have the broadcast audio. From what Kei has said, that's not going to happen. They're too proud. If it happens, then you can bet I'll be first in line (Especially for GT. I can't even tell you how badly I want those stereo episodes.). But it's just not going to happen.

Even if FUNimation did a respectful, proper restoration of the footage for the shows, they would still have their horrible audio masters. No more in-house stuff, please. I'm pretty much done buying anything until FUNi starts shipping stuff over directly from Japan. I can't keep dancing this dance. Unless they release the PSA shorts, the Dream 9 crossover, the JSAT special, "Episode Of Burdock," or "Plan To Eradicate The Super Saiyans," I'm done after "Battle Of Gods."
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thomas1up » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:49 pm

Doubt that'd ever happen, unlike DBZ where people will buy it whether or not it's cropped with GT and DB they know the people who want it aren't likely to purchase it cropped.
thomas1up are fuckin terrible and need to fuck off asap all the other noobs are decent thouhg
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:17 pm

I'm already at that position.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:19 pm

Now I'm glad that Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball GT are nowhere near the cashcows like Dragon Ball Z to FUNimation, or else they'd be ruined completely.

Dragon Ball was never intended to be in widescreen and seeing Dragon Ball Kai irks me whenever I see an eye, mouth or head chopped off the screen due to the stupid cropping.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:27 pm

After the boo saga of Kai and the new blu rays funimation IMO should stop re releasing DBZ for good.

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thomas1up » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:35 pm

JEFFMAN219 wrote:After the boo saga of Kai and the new blu rays funimation IMO should stop re releasing DBZ for good.
I can bet you anything they're gonna try and release a DBZ 4k release sometime, I wouldn't even been slightly surprised.

I don't think Funi will ever stop releasing DBZ :lol:
thomas1up are fuckin terrible and need to fuck off asap all the other noobs are decent thouhg
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:41 pm

thomas1up wrote:
JEFFMAN219 wrote:After the boo saga of Kai and the new blu rays funimation IMO should stop re releasing DBZ for good.
I can bet you anything they're gonna try and release a DBZ 4k release sometime, I wouldn't even been slightly surprised.

Lool I don't think people would buy that but who knows.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:44 pm

thomas1up wrote:I can bet you anything they're gonna try and release a DBZ 4k release sometime, I wouldn't even been slightly surprised.

Dragon Ball Z remastered in 4K in 16x9 AR with 3D vision and the totally definitive version for the fans to own which have made their voice heard!

Yeah naw... I'm just gonna stick to my Dragon Boxes Z and the Level BDs.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thomas1up » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:16 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
thomas1up wrote:I can bet you anything they're gonna try and release a DBZ 4k release sometime, I wouldn't even been slightly surprised.

Dragon Ball Z remastered in 4K in 16x9 AR with 3D vision and the totally definitive version for the fans to own which have made their voice heard!

Yeah naw... I'm just gonna stick to my Dragon Boxes Z and the Level BDs.
You forgot about to mention how you can "experience DBZ like never before" and how it's a "frame by frame remaster of the original series" for the "ultimate fans" :lol:
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

Vegard Aune
Advanced Regular

Post by Vegard Aune » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:35 am

MagicBox wrote:Dragon Ball GT Series: Dragon Box footage with Dragon Box audio.
Why on earth would this be the ideal? They still have the original source-audio for GT. It's been used for re-airings of the show in recent years. Using the Dragon Box audio would be intentionally not using the best audio-source they have... Granted that does beg the question as to why on earth the GT Dragon Boxes sound no better than the previous two TV-series when we have proof that they had better quality sound available, but... yeah.