Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Retan
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by Retan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:08 pm

Chuquita wrote:A revive? Not sure about my thoughts on it, but given the db's limits, I guess it makes more sense for the despair top be more the villain's powers than the wish.

It'd be great if it were that reality warper ala Janemba, but more dialogue (more cerebral?).

Maybe a new character from one of the other twelve universes, and he want's someone powerful to come back, after he heard of the dragonballs. And this powerful character was on a quest to conquer the other universes until he mysteriously died.

Anyway that's my guess for the day (What is that my 10th :think: )?
Last edited by Retan on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:08 pm

Big Momma wrote:Maybe the Prince of Saiyans wanted to wish his people back? (Although by this point that would be a little OOC).
I don't think he would do that and even if he did what could they do to cause despair ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:10 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Gku gets drunk and accidentally kills Krillin because he forgot he has hair now and thinks a raccoon attached itself to his head. And then Krillin gains Satanic powers while in the afterlife and gets wished back.
Alright, I'm sigging this. :lol:

Anyway, I'm going to guess that Boss Rabbit gets wished back, then teams up with Pilaf & Co. and they start turning everyone into carrots.
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Retan wrote:this powerful character was on a quest to conquer the other universes until he mysteriously died.
That would be epic if done right

kidtrunksssj
Beyond Newbie

Post by kidtrunksssj » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:14 pm

My Theory I Posted A While Ago Was Almost Close To "I Want You To Revive Someone"

Maybe there reviving the original super saiyan god, but i pray to god there not reviving broly, i know hes non cannon, but if they are I'm getting mad.
“Too much FANTASY loses REALITY, too much HOPE may seem somehow EMPTY.”
Akira Toriyama

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:16 pm

sintzu wrote:
Big Momma wrote:Maybe the Prince of Saiyans wanted to wish his people back? (Although by this point that would be a little OOC).
I don't think he would do that and even if he did what could they do to cause despair ?

Someone the orignal SSJ and/or SSJG could get mixed in there. I dunno, just a fun theory that also incorporates Vegeta being a big player.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:24 pm

"Okay Vegeta, truth or dare?"

"Dare, obviously."

"Okay... I dare you to, hmmm... Bring pure Buu back to life with the Dragon Balls!!"

"Aw crap"

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:35 pm

Another internet day with Krillin jokes.

I would like the original super saiyan god to be revived but he was a good guy and this is a bad wish, so maybe another god will be.
Toriyama is drawing new characters so probably is one of them.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:43 pm

So logically it's about reviving someone:
- who can cause a disaster.
- who won't be easily beaten by our heroes despite their current level.

It could be the original Super Saiyan God sparking the heroes' curiosity, but he's supposedly pure-hearted, so he wouldn't willingly bring problems, and would likely help the heroes solve the issue (time paradox, ressurection too far back in time which is why it is usually limited to one year before the wish, or God knows what).
Unless something wrong happens, such as being able to bring him back despite the long time, but his mind is not brought back properly because of that, making him an enemy that only a Super Saiyan God can face - and making a Super Saiyan God able to win the battle this time.

It could be Bardack, but why would anyone want to bring him back (Goku never seemed to care, I'm not sure he would suddenly go "by the way, I wanna meet my dad!"), and again he wouldn't wreck havok and would not be powerful enough to cause trouble.

It could be the previous God of Destruction. Whis said to Goku "would you like to replace Lord Beerus when he dies?", so it implies that's how it works, a God of Destruction has to die for another one to take his place, meaning there likely was someone before Beerus, which Goku could want to meet. It's also possible that someone naive like Pilaf will make the wish thinking that whoever they bring back has to be grateful to them no matter how strong he is (they made that mistake with Demon King Piccolo).

It could be a character we never knew about, but then it likely means that the person making the wish is not one of our heroes, which is possible.

Jaruka
Regular

Post by Jaruka » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Damn, I literally have no idea who this could be! I mean, I wonder what the context is.

We're all assuming it's somebody to fight, what if it's someone to fight alongside our heroes or someone with some information that they need.
mysticboy wrote:Raditz has the durability of 3 moons.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:50 pm

@cold skin

They could mistake the one shenron talked about as the first one and wish to meet him but it turns out that it waesn't him who reached it first but someone like vegeta when he first came to earth

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:52 pm

What do you guys think of Goku becoming a bad guy?! Theres a lot of people talking about that, especially because the promotional art is giving to them a dark vibe.
Toriyama comment about the movie being funny could be around the lines of being funny because this time Goku is a villain and Vegeta a hero?!
Jaruka wrote: We're all assuming it's somebody to fight, what if it's someone to fight alongside our heroes or someone with some information that they need.
How would that cause despair?!
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Jaruka
Regular

Post by Jaruka » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:55 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Jaruka wrote: We're all assuming it's somebody to fight, what if it's someone to fight alongside our heroes or someone with some information that they need.
How would that cause despair?!
I wasn't aware that both were the same sentence, do we know for sure that there isn't despair and thus a wish is made? I'm just spit-balling here, it's probably just a new character that gets revived, I guess.
mysticboy wrote:Raditz has the durability of 3 moons.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:02 pm

It's not going to be the original Super Saiyan God because he's a pure good Saiyan.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:04 pm

Jaruka wrote: do we know for sure that there isn't despair and thus a wish is made?
Yes,It was said when the movie was announced,The despair is caused by the wish
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:It's not going to be the original Super Saiyan God because he's a pure good Saiyan.
Did shenron say that he's the first one ?

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:08 pm

Maybe it's to revive Goku's Evilness by Pilaf, or someone and Vegeta does indeed become the hero. But based on Minus I doubt it.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:12 pm

Retan wrote:Maybe it's to revive Goku's Evilness by Pilaf, or someone and Vegeta does indeed become the hero. But based on Minus I doubt it.
If that were the case then the wish wouldn't be someone but something and plus toriyama said he was creating new charecters

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Evil Gokû

I'd imagine an evil Gokû would be more like an immature version of Cell, since a lot of Cell's motivations felt to me like twisted variations on Gokû's own. (Also that tournament ring strikes me as a very "if Gokû were evil and planning to destroy the planet, he'd probably want to decide his big power battles in a Tenkaichi Budoukai-style ring" thing).

Though "Evil Gokû" could also be done in a gag-humor type of way too, being that it is still Gokû after all.

I don't think we're getting evil Gokû though; I think more likely we'll get another two (or three?) bad guys, one of which is the one who gets revived.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:18 pm

It better not be Broly, or I'm done.
Last edited by UpFromTheSkies on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Maybe someone convinces Goku to revive someone who they claim is a great hero of the past, and it turns out to be a super powerful villain instead. That would be too much like movie 13, though.