Manga UK Announce DBZ Battle of Gods DVD/Bluray release

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Re: Manga UK Announce DBZ Battle of Gods DVD/Bluray release

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:29 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:I don't see why Manga UK doesn't use Slim Blu-ray cases like FUNimation does and it makes it easier to fit within the slipcovers more so than the standard BDs, but more importantly they take slightly less space which is always good.
Well I have no problem getting mine to fit in the slipcover. At least not when I slide the cover over the top rather than under the bottom because it prevents it from catching on the Blu-ray logo section.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:42 pm

The DVD version on Rakuten's Base is going for £10.54 with the code SPEND10 and the Blu-ray's £13.99. Certainly quite good prices.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Solidus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Solidus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:18 pm

Are the MangaUK subtitles different than Funimation's? While watching it I noticed that they used 'Colourful' and 'Realised'. Which is odd because 'realised' was used towards the end of the film but before this they had 'realized'. Did they edit Funimation's subtitles or are these their own?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:58 pm

Solidus wrote:Are the MangaUK subtitles different than Funimation's? While watching it I noticed that they used 'Colourful' and 'Realised'. Which is odd because 'realised' was used towards the end of the film but before this they had 'realized'. Did they edit Funimation's subtitles or are these their own?
probably edited it to british spelling?

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:13 pm

They also use Beerus instead of Beers (and there is a single moment they use "King Kai" instead of "Kaio", during one of the extended scenes).
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:29 pm

Solidus wrote:Are the MangaUK subtitles different than Funimation's? While watching it I noticed that they used 'Colourful' and 'Realised'. Which is odd because 'realised' was used towards the end of the film but before this they had 'realized'. Did they edit Funimation's subtitles or are these their own?
Was Madman credited? Then they might've been the ones who've done it, after all, they seem to have mostly the same spelling.

It's nice to see the correct use of 'colour' than 'color'.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:11 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Was Madman credited? Then they might've been the ones who've done it, after all, they seem to have mostly the same spelling.

It's nice to see the correct use of 'colour' than 'color'.
Dude, there is no right or wrong when it comes to colors...
Color and colour are different spellings of the same word. Color is the preferred spelling in American English, and colour is preferred in all other main varieties of English. The distinction extends to all derivatives of the word. Colored, coloring, colorer, colorful, and discolor are the U.S. spellings, and coloured, colouring, colourer, colourful, and discolour are preferred outside the U.S.
http://grammarist.com/spelling/color-colour/

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:50 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SSJmole wrote:I got the 2-Disk collectors edtion today :D It was my first time seeing the movie. I loved it! Though I do have a question that might be best served as "in universe" but I thought I'd include it. How is Vegeta is stronger than SSJ3 ? though i surprised there was no SSJ3 Vegeta as it had been used heavily in stuff. But the film looked great. The art cards that come with it are beautiful too. This is easily the best DBZ film
It was a one off rage/power boost, And I don't thinking Vegeta managed to sustain it.
Fair enough :) It was only a small nitpick

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:10 pm

sangofe wrote:Dude, there is no right or wrong when it comes to colors...
Mate, that would be acceptable if it were in foreign countries where English isn't their primary language and as such, in UK we have our own grammar, US, Canada, Australia and so on. They all follow their grammar.

Pupils in schools/colleges don't write "color", "realize", "center", "soccer" (I fucking hate this word) or what have you because this isn't British English.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:11 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
sangofe wrote:Dude, there is no right or wrong when it comes to colors...
Mate, that would be acceptable if it were in foreign countries where English isn't their primary language and as such, in UK we have our own grammar, US, Canada, Australia and so on. They all follow their grammar.

Pupils in schools/colleges don't write "color", "realize", "center", "soccer" (I fucking hate this word) or what have you because this isn't British English.
Actually, in Norway there's a large use of American english.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:18 am

He meant in the UK.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:47 am

Sorry for the necroposting, but I wanted to know... I'm seeing here that Manga UK's subtitles are not the same as the ones on the US release? Considering my earlier experiences with Manga UK's in-house subtitles (aka, both Naruto and Attack on Titan being subtitled so poorly that I flat-out couldn't watch the show subtitled) this seems rather worrying to me... Is there anyone here who is able to actually compare the subs between this and the US release, or at least someone who can vouch for the subtitles not being completely horrible? Because it has occurred to me, out of all the anime-releases I've bought from Manga UK (admittedly not that many... I've got the first two Naruto-sets, Summer Wars, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, the OVA-series Freedom and the first half of Attack on Titan), Summer Wars is the only one I haven't noticed any glaring flaws with... and that one was, from what I understand, literally an exact reproduction of the US release. I mean, if the Manga UK release is good (Note that I already know about the audio for the Japanese theatrical cut being stereo only, and them omitting several extras... I can live with that) I'm okay with buying it, but if the subtitles aren't up to par, I'll just import Madman's release instead. Because quite frankly, I have more faith in their ability to provide a satisfying release than I do Manga UK's.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:51 pm

I can't speak on behalf of the Manga UK release, but the Madman release, as far as I can tell, is literally the Funimation release with the region code changed from A to B. (No Madman logo upon start up, trailers for Funimation properties Madman don't own in the extras, etc.)

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:53 am

SaiyamanMS wrote:I can't speak on behalf of the Manga UK release, but the Madman release, as far as I can tell, is literally the Funimation release with the region code changed from A to B. (No Madman logo upon start up, trailers for Funimation properties Madman don't own in the extras, etc.)
That is what I expected, hence why I'm more willing to trust Madman than Manga UK. Problem is though, Madman's BluRay costs over 200 NOK. Which, going by the really annoying custom laws here in the country, means that I'd get hit with custom taxes pretty much doubling the final price if I bought it from them. So if Manga UK's release is at all viable, I'd really rather go for that and not have to deal with the overly expensive custom taxes.