Manga UK Announce DBZ Battle of Gods DVD/Bluray release

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Manga UK Announce DBZ Battle of Gods DVD/Bluray release

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:46 pm

Yeah, the o-card means slip-cover, for Manga they more or less treat slip-covers as a premium thing.

edit-
Buy the looks of things Valerius Dover all 3 of the releases have the extended cut.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:48 pm

The price is a little steep but ordered the collectors edition anyway, who knows, maybe it'll drop in price before it comes out.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:52 pm

Holding off on a pre-order for the time being. I'm interested to see what FUNi's release will look like in comparison to Manga UK's. Never been the biggest fan of Manga UK's packaging so if I can get the same content with better cases and potentially nicer physical extras then I will do so.

There's little reason to pre-order at this point anyway. We don't even have pictures of the damn thing yet.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

LostTimeLord
Beyond Newbie

Post by LostTimeLord » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:55 pm

£29 for a single film on BD is excessive, but based on the ShopManga page I'm pretty sure that Amazon is charging the RRP as their listing has only just appeared. The One Piece movie pack had the same RRP and sold for £18-22 when it came out, which is much more reasonable.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:46 am

Does anyone knows if "the voices of Dragon Ball Z" are interviews with the english or japanese VA's?

Also, I guess no Jsat special? Although it's pretty darn hot we get the director's cut on BD before Japan :D

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:57 pm

£29 for the BD Collector's Edition? I'll bite it but what the hell does it come with?

I remember paying arond £25 for the HSotD on Blu-ray and I was okay with that even though it was a little excessive (when compared to FUNimation's prices).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:48 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:£29 for the BD Collector's Edition? I'll bite it but what the hell does it come with?

I remember paying arond £25 for the HSotD on Blu-ray and I was okay with that even though it was a little excessive (when compared to FUNimation's prices).
Thing is though, US is bigger then UK, no way will Manga and co make the money back if they charge US prcies.
Anyway so far all we know is that it'll have an o-card (slipcover) and 4 art cards, but Manga 2hrs ago posted their Oct-Dec Slate and this is mentioned:
10th November
Dragon Ball Z: Battle Of Gods (DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray Collector’s Ed.*) - http://amzn.to/Ydslq4
*We will have more details on the Collector’s Ed. version soon.
The special maybe? Either way I feel better now knowing the Collector Ed isn't just going to be a slip-cover and a few art cards.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:16 pm

£29 for a slipcover edition? Bleh what a rip off.

I'd expect more out of it like, slipcover + steelbook + booklet and something else.

But anyhow, I've ordered the Limited Edition of BoG Japan for £33 and it probably arrives around September (when I'll be back in UK).
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:25 pm

Well they said there's more to announce for the Coll Ed.
Also as others have said the £29 is RRP and Amazon will eventually drop it (considering Manga are charging under £23 from their website)

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:47 pm

Bit pricey. Going for the Collectors Edition. Pleased we are getting the 105 minute version as well!

Having a bit of trouble adding it to my basket on the Manga UK website. Anybody else having an issue?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:13 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Holding off on a pre-order for the time being. I'm interested to see what FUNi's release will look like in comparison to Manga UK's. Never been the biggest fan of Manga UK's packaging so if I can get the same content with better cases and potentially nicer physical extras then I will do so.

There's little reason to pre-order at this point anyway. We don't even have pictures of the damn thing yet.
This. Manga UK has always gave me a bad impression of not being able to provide stuff such as slipcovers which FUNimation normally includes for all their new prints and Manga UK doesn't.

It would've been nice to have slipcovers for the Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT bricks but that's asking too much of them regardless of making it an exclusive to the early prints, which would have made a nice incentive to buy it early.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:32 am

I'm going to preorder this now. Can always cancel later if there are no price drops. Trust me, it pays to get in early. I put in for Gurren Lagann Ultimate Edition ages ago, and my order total is £73.94. It's currently listed for £108.00.

I rarely spend more than $20 on a movie, but this is Dragon Ball. I spent about $85 on the Japanese version which wasn't extended and didn't have subtitles.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:29 am

Kingdom Heartless wrote:I'm going to preorder this now. Can always cancel later if there are no price drops. Trust me, it pays to get in early. I put in for Gurren Lagann Ultimate Edition ages ago, and my order total is £73.94. It's currently listed for £108.00.

I rarely spend more than $20 on a movie, but this is Dragon Ball. I spent about $85 on the Japanese version which wasn't extended and didn't have subtitles.
And neither the director's cut!

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:42 pm

sangofe wrote:Does anyone knows if "the voices of Dragon Ball Z" are interviews with the english or japanese VA's?
Most likely just the English VAs.

FUNimation usually records English-language extras involving their crew first, and include Japanese interviews/extras ONLY if the Japanese companies supply them with it.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:21 am

So, I'm not sure what Toei is thinking at this point. Isn't there going to be a lot of reverse importing now if they don't release the extended version there? I really think their business plan involving this extended version's distribution in Japan is TERRIBLE.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:46 am

Maybe in the licencing agreement, TOEI asked FUNi to lock subtitles on the Japanese track, that may deter some importers.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:17 pm

Has anyone gotten wind of what's going to be included in the collectors edition? I'm getting it regardless but I was just curious....I'm pretty sure The Jump Special is not going to appear in it huh? lol
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:27 pm

God dammit on the Manga UK site it's £22 for the CE but region locked to UK and I'm not there now.

CE features this:
Stunning animation and epic new villains highlight the first new Dragon Ball Z feature film in seventeen years! Beerus, the God of Destruction, travels to Earth in search of a good fight. Only Goku, humanity’s greatest hero, can ascend to the level of a Super Saiyan God and stop Beerus’s rampage!
This special collectors edition Blu-ray includes includes both the 85 minute Theatrical Cut and the 105 minute Director’s Cut plus an additional DVD disc containing bonus extra featurettes: . “The Voices of Dragon Ball Z: Unveiled” and “Behind The Scenes: Battle of Voice Actors!”. Packaged along with 4 collectable art cards and a limited edition o-card.
Contains English and Japanese audio and English subtitles.
Maybe in the licencing agreement, TOEI asked FUNi to lock subtitles on the Japanese track, that may deter some importers.
That would be going backwards to the dark days of DVD video when companies didn't know how to properly add soft subs to the DVDs.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.................I was hoping the Jump Special would get added. :( I've heard some say that Funimation's release may be different but I doubt it. :(
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:35 pm

It worked with Hotspot Shield Elite Free and I just paid for the CE edition.

Well, I won't be getting FUNimation's version after all considering this will do me just fine.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray