Italian Perfect Edition Manga?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

hunterxhunter21
Beyond Newbie

Italian Perfect Edition Manga?

Post by hunterxhunter21 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:17 am

I'm going to Italy next year. I've seen Italian kanzenban online, but they seem to be kinda sparse on Italy's amazon website. Are they real hard to come by? Does anyone have any extra info? Are they even worth looking for while I'm there? Thanks.
Dragon Ball Famicon/Super Famicom game scans : HERE

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Re: Italian Perfect Edition Manga?

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:26 am

I'm not Italian, but I bought volume 10 of the Perfect Edition three years ago, when I went to Rome. I don't know if they're hard to come by, but I bought it in a normal bookstore, and since DB is popular there and no new editions have appeared (as far as I know), I don't think that you'll have any problem.

As for the edition itself, I like it. It's similar to the Japanese Kanzenban, the translation appears to be good (I'm sort of learning Italian so I can't be sure, but I compared a few parts with the Spanish translation, which is really good, and they didn't differ much) and sound effects are translated (dunno if that'll be a problem for you: it isn't for me).
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

hunterxhunter21
Beyond Newbie

Post by hunterxhunter21 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:55 am

UltimateHammerBro wrote:I'm not Italian, but I bought volume 10 of the Perfect Edition three years ago, when I went to Rome. I don't know if they're hard to come by, but I bought it in a normal bookstore, and since DB is popular there and no new editions have appeared (as far as I know), I don't think that you'll have any problem.

As for the edition itself, I like it. It's similar to the Japanese Kanzenban, the translation appears to be good (I'm sort of learning Italian so I can't be sure, but I compared a few parts with the Spanish translation, which is really good, and they didn't differ much) and sound effects are translated (dunno if that'll be a problem for you: it isn't for me).
Awesome. Thanks. My wife and I are trying to learn before we go over.
Dragon Ball Famicon/Super Famicom game scans : HERE

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:07 pm

I'm Italian and I give you my opinion: absolutely buy newest reprint of 'evergreen edition' (tankobon format).
So don't buy the less recent 'perfect edition' (italian kanzenban) just because the translation and adaptation are absolutely not well done (made by a previous different team). Translations and adaptations in 'evergreen edition' (tankobon) are absolutely great and well done instead.
Here you can see a comparison between the two editions (and the jap editions) and you can see that is stated what I've told just before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYwaQNwIKgw