Episode #0010 (22 January 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0010 (22 January 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:01 am

Episode #0010 (download MP3)
50:25; 64 kbps, mono; 23.0 MB

Episode #0010! VegettoEX and Meri bring on Castor Troy of the old "Vegeta Insane" and "Ginga Giri Giri" website to discuss favorite speeches from the show. We also discuss the latest gaming news and answer listener audio e-mails. Referenced sites: Special guest: Castor Troy

Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the *ten* episodes, now. We've hit double-digits, and we're still going strong!

There's a little bit of echo at points, but I did my best to edit around it when I could. Not sure what was causing it, but it's no biggie. We had so much fun recording this episode, that I stayed up and immediately began editing it Friday night as soon as we finished recording. I got about halfway through before my eyes fell out of my head :). I really love tossing in sampled audio bits, since it's a great way to really take advantage of the fact that it's an audio-based show.

Have fun!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:57 am

Nice podcast. Talked to Castor a few times in the Vegeta Insane, GGG and when he was on Spirit Detective. Also, hope this doesn't make me sound like a know-it-all nerd, but Chi-Chi could fly on the Nimbus. You're thinking of Bulma.

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:12 am

Yes, Chi-Chi was able to fly on the Nimbus....ooo, bad Vegetto EX, forgetting something like that :lol:

Anyway great episode.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

JAKEMAN
Beyond Newbie

Post by JAKEMAN » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:06 am

great episode but for some reason i couldnt get it on itunes,
Remember these things I tell you
*Dragonball GT: The GT Stands for Good Tunes
DS Friend Code

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:39 am

Great Saiyaman wrote:Yes, Chi-Chi was able to fly on the Nimbus....ooo, bad Vegetto EX, forgetting something like that :lol:

Anyway great episode.
To go off topic... I've been wondering for a while now if you're the same person as greatsaiyaman777 that used to post at dbzoa.net (I think that was his nick) ?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:41 am

D'oh! You're right. I'm retarded.
JAKEMAN wrote:great episode but for some reason i couldnt get it on itunes,
It usually takes them around 12 hours to get new episodes in the listings. If you've subscribed to the RSS feed through iTunes, it will still grab the episode as soon as it refreshes the feed, though. I set mine to check every hour for new releases.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:06 am

VegettoEX wrote:CastorTroy.net
How long has this been up?! :shock:
**Redownloads everything from 2000**

I look forward to this podcast. Just to let you know, the podcast section on the site links to the thread for podcast #9.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Great Saiyaman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Great Saiyaman » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:41 pm

sangofe wrote:
Great Saiyaman wrote:Yes, Chi-Chi was able to fly on the Nimbus....ooo, bad Vegetto EX, forgetting something like that :lol:

Anyway great episode.
To go off topic... I've been wondering for a while now if you're the same person as greatsaiyaman777 that used to post at dbzoa.net (I think that was his nick) ?
No, I am not. I used to around boards about a year ago & everything prior to that as Trunks related names, when I left Forum like & got into the Manga I decided to retun to Forum life here, using a character name that was fairly uncommon to be scene.
[b]Vegito:[/b] What do you call a Goku & a Vegeta? Gogeta sounds nice.
[b]Toriyama:[/b] *wak*

[i]"I wanna go to Filler Hell when I die."-Me[/i]

masenko
Beyond Newbie

Post by masenko » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:49 pm

Cool podcast! Chi-Chi comment kind've scared me. PSP owns DS too, there's so many more quality games like GTA and Sports on it. Dragon Ball lives on through this Podcast! Great Job!
"I GOTTA GAMBLE EVERYTHING I GOT ON THIS ONE FIST!!!!" - Son Goku, Tale 160

Daizensushi-x
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daizensushi-x » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:47 pm

Yep, great episode, but it made me sad when you guys made fun of dub #16. It also made me laugh. I still don't think Funi was bad... but that isn't for this board.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:17 am

masenko wrote:Cool podcast! Chi-Chi comment kind've scared me. PSP owns DS too, there's so many more quality games like GTA and Sports on it. Dragon Ball lives on through this Podcast! Great Job!
The bolded portion gave me a real good laugh. Thanks. :)

Really liked the Podcast. I gotta agree that Brian Drummond's Vegeta scream was absolutely the best and couldn't possibly be replicated, especially not by Chris Sabat. T'was actually nice to hear that scream once again. XP

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:23 am

Brian Drummond is the real voice of Vegeta in my eyes...ears even :?

m121akuma
Beyond Newbie

Post by m121akuma » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:15 pm

Best. Ending. Evar.

You guys need to embarass Julian more.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:40 pm

Great Pod Cast! Sometime you should have a segment where you try to see DBZ from a Dub fan's perspective. Not to say your biases because your not. But the dub has gotten better, it not like the actors themselves try to make it bad. Keep up the good work.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:47 pm

TheMajinRedComet wrote:Great Pod Cast! Sometime you should have a segment where you try to see DBZ from a Dub fan's perspective. Not to say your biases because your not. But the dub has gotten better, it not like the actors themselves try to make it bad. Keep up the good work.
The thing is... we're just not interested in the dub. Yes, we have dub fans listening, and yes the dub is prevalent enough that it would draw new listeners...

But it's not what we love, and I can guarantee you that I couldn't hold an interesting and authoritative discussion on something I care so little about.

So yes, we're entirely biased :).

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:02 pm

The sheer fact that the site is even about the Japanese version should be an indication that there'll be little to discuss in terms of just the English dub.

Although am I right to assume the only English dub that holds a slight interest would be the first because of the Ocean cast? :P

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:10 pm

Tsukento wrote:Although am I right to assume the only English dub that holds a slight interest would be the first because of the Ocean cast? :P
Pretty much, and mainly just for sentimental value.

Zodiac Brave

Post by Zodiac Brave » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:52 am

Man, I used to LOVE Ginga Giri Giri. Glad I managed to get on the same show as Castor. ;)

masenko
Beyond Newbie

Post by masenko » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:09 am

Tsukento wrote:
masenko wrote:Cool podcast! Chi-Chi comment kind've scared me. PSP owns DS too, there's so many more quality games like GTA and Sports on it. Dragon Ball lives on through this Podcast! Great Job!

Really liked the Podcast. I gotta agree that Brian Drummond's Vegeta scream was absolutely the best and couldn't possibly be replicated, especially not by Chris Sabat. T'was actually nice to hear that scream once again. XP
Yes well, the DS is just a gimmick, the touch screen is completely useless in 90% of the games. PSP is just a more efficient system and the games on it are of higher quality. Sports games like Madden and Tiger Woods on the PSP outshine any DS sports game by about 300%. I'm glad I amused you though...
"I GOTTA GAMBLE EVERYTHING I GOT ON THIS ONE FIST!!!!" - Son Goku, Tale 160

Zodiac Brave

Post by Zodiac Brave » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:12 am

masenko wrote:
Tsukento wrote:

Yes well, the DS is just a gimmick, the touch screen is completely useless in 90% of the games. PSP is just a more efficient system and the games on it are of higher quality. Sports games like Madden and Tiger Woods on the PSP outshine any DS sports game by about 300%. I'm glad I amused you though...
You're joking, right? I have both of the systems and love them each about equally, but the touch screen is NOT useless in 90% of the games, nor is it a "gimmick."