Was Gohan a Super Saiyan 1 or 2 against Dabra

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: Was Gohan a Super Saiyan 1 or 2 against Dabra

Post by rereboy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:28 am

Hitiro wrote:
rereboy wrote:He has killed before with no regrets or hesitation (the Freeza goons that wrecked their Namekian ship). And he has fought and attacked his enemies without hesitation to save his friends, giving it all he had, not caring how much stronger the enemies were than him and not caring that no one else was able to save his friends besides him (for example, when he saved Piccolo from third from Freeza). So, not really. But this is offtopic.
All the times he attacked without hesitation for his friends he was in a rage though. I forgot about the Freeza goons but were they actually killed or just knocked out? I know they ended up in the water too. But I don't think they delivered killing blows.
They almost certainly died, but it doesn't matter if they actually died or not. What matters is Krillin's and Gohan's intentions. And they, at the very least, knocked them out, watched them fall in the water and never once cared if they would drown or not. Therefore, their intention was to get rid of them permanently, aka kill them, and they never again thought about them or regretted it.

Also, Gohan had the same reasons to be filled with rage on the Cell Games. He even watched his friends being tortured and on the verge of being killed, but he still didn't act like he did before. That's why many find it inconsistent. But, like I said, this is offtopic.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:05 pm

I'm guessing no one saw my question, so I'll ask again: for those who believe Gohan was definitely a Super Saiyan:
Kaioshin: “You were dead, Kibito, so you didn’t get to see Gohan here’s unbelievably tremendous power.”
How do you interpret Kaioshin's quote about Gohan's power?
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:11 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:I'm guessing no one saw my question, so I'll ask again: for those who believe Gohan was definitely a Super Saiyan:
Kaioshin: “You were dead, Kibito, so you didn’t get to see Gohan here’s unbelievably tremendous power.”
How do you interpret Kaioshin's quote about Gohan's power?
Kaioshin is a dumb fuck for forgetting that Kibito saw a pretty upset SSJ2 Gohan at the tournament.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:09 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:How do you interpret Kaioshin's quote about Gohan's power?
It is just that Kaioshin understood Gohan's power through seeing how he faired against beings considered the most powerful in the universe. In the Budokai Kaioshin restrained Gohan's abilities so they didn't have a clue.
Last edited by Hugo Boss on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:13 pm

Kaioshin even forgot about the existence of SS full stop for a while during his panics about Pui Pui and Yakon.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:05 am

Or he didn't know they were THAT strong. It makes sense because Kaioshin never saw the Saiyans fighting, despite the rumors, and he knew Babidi gathered the strongest evil beings in the universe to form his group.

The weird thing is how he knew each Kaioshin had strenght to take Freeza in one blow. I assume Kaioshin also didn't know most of Babidi's mens were weaker than Freeza, excepting Dabra or maybe Yakon.