Episode #0011 (29 January 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0011 (29 January 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:10 am

Episode #0011 (download MP3)
73:54; 64 kbps, mono; 33.8 MB

Episode #0011! VegettoEX & Meri check in with Julian in Japan for the latest amusing stories and DBZ news, and we tackle the ever-intriguing question... Trunks: Why so much (good!) music? We also catch up on a good deal of listener e-mail, both audio and regular. Referenced sites: Special guest: Uhh... Julian!

Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the *eleven* episodes, now.

Much toying with audio levels and noise reduction, this time around. Hopefully it shows! This week has funny stories about Julian being naked in Japan, killing of mysterious sacred objects, copyrighted music, and references to jointly-held completely heterosexual crushes on Brian Drummond. That and... uhh... much, much more. We tried to catch up on a bit of e-mails (audio & text), as well. If you haven't heard your e-mail, that doesn't mean we won't be answering it :). Hold tight!

Have fun!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:32 pm

I have to say Trunks got ok music in the dub as well. Though they didn't play it much in the series proper, that music they played in the trailer that introduced many of us to him was nice.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:52 pm

Ah yes, that's "Mysterious Youth" I believe, good stuff. There's another one with the same tune that plays slower, I believe for when the characters are just talking about what's happening in the Androids/Cell saga...

...buuut I'm willing to the bet this episode isn't even gonna mention that, so I guess it doesn't matter at this point ^^;; *dowloads #11*

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:56 pm

Nice podcast guys, Trunks did have some kickass music.

I also agree that 90% of Flash animation is quite horrid but there are some excellent series out there buried underneath the drudge that are worth checking out.

Haven't seen a good DBZ Flash toon though. :?

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:03 pm

Brad Redfield wrote:Nice podcast guys, Trunks did have some kickass music.

I also agree that 90% of Flash animation is quite horrid but there are some excellent series out there buried underneath the drudge that are worth checking out.

I like the sequel to In a Nutshell where they mock Mr. Satan and his edited dub name.

DBZ MAN
Regular

Post by DBZ MAN » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:04 pm

Great Podcast! :) I found an answer about Half saiyans and that they cannot go above ssj 3. I am not sure if this means it's proof but I do not mind believing it :) . In a way it kind of makes sense as their blood is too dilute and not potent enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Saiyan

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:07 pm

Super Sonic wrote:
Brad Redfield wrote:Nice podcast guys, Trunks did have some kickass music.

I like the sequel to In a Nutshell where they mock Mr. Satan and his edited dub name.
The audio for the In a Nutshell series is great but dear lord the animation is horrible. I recall the first one is just a bunch of JPEGs tweened around the screen. :?

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:16 pm

Brad Redfield wrote:The audio for the In a Nutshell series is great but dear lord the animation is horrible. I recall the first one is just a bunch of JPEGs tweened around the screen. :?
That's because the point was to portray comedy, not to make a spectacular animation. I did the same thing when I made Inuyasha in a Nutshell 2 years ago.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:06 pm

Great Podcast! I was wondering do you know of any other insert songs in the Cell Saga outside of the Trunks and SSJ2 one’s? I just checked out the Trunks one on my Android DVD and it was pretty cool, it added a lot to that scene.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:13 pm

Kirbopher wrote:
Brad Redfield wrote:The audio for the In a Nutshell series is great but dear lord the animation is horrible. I recall the first one is just a bunch of JPEGs tweened around the screen. :?
That's because the point was to portray comedy, not to make a spectacular animation.
The same could be said about 12 Oz. Mouse or whatever that show is called. It doesn't make it funny, just lazy, IMO. :?

EDIT: Just so I'm not going off-topic--

Chou DBZ sound's interesting. Do we know if you can transform or not?

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:20 pm

TheMajinRedComet wrote:Great Podcast! I was wondering do you know of any other insert songs in the Cell Saga outside of the Trunks and SSJ2 ones? I just checked out the Trunks one on my Android DVD and it was pretty cool, it added a lot to that scene.
Those are actually the only three.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:23 pm

We never published or really did anything with this page, but it might be helpful:

http://www.daizex.com/multimedia/directory/

It's a list of all the insert songs, movie theme songs, etc. (and what CDs they can be found on). It's slightly out-of-date in terms of recent CD releases, but the information on the actual songs and where in the series they are is still somewhat valuable.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:56 pm

Brad Redfield wrote:The same could be said about 12 Oz. Mouse or whatever that show is called. It doesn't make it funny, just lazy, IMO.
That show doesn't even DESERVE to be called a cartoon x_x;

ANYWAY. This was good, quite a long episode at that, and I was surprised at how many of the listed trunks songs I actually happen to have. Super DBZ thankfully doesn't sound like a total rehash of the Budoukai games, and Chichi sounds like she'll make up for the fact that the Buu-era characters aren't included. BTW, the audio question a couple weeks ago was held off again. Will it be answered eventually like all of the others?

Also, I can understans being turned off to flash movies just like how someone would be turned off to AMVs, but you should know that there are some good series out there. Bonus Stage, Homestarunner, XiN and Fallen Angel are some good ones. But if you're looking for Dragonball movies, you can find some pretty funny ones right here.

Zodiac Brave

Post by Zodiac Brave » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:11 pm

I despise flash animation, but Final Fantasy A+ is absolutely fantastic and worth watching.

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:55 pm

Ah that's a good one too. Haven't seen it in quite a while...

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:33 pm

Kirbopher wrote:
That's because the point was to portray comedy, not to make a spectacular animation. I did the same thing when I made Inuyasha in a Nutshell 2 years ago.
That was you who made that? Cool. Everyone I know thought that it was a true parody of how the series works.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:45 pm

Kirbopher wrote:BTW, the audio question a couple weeks ago was held off again. Will it be answered eventually like all of the others?
Dude, I specifically addressed your question :P. By name!

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:17 pm

._O Whoa, wait...not the Voice Actors question, I mean the one about the Saiyuki-based characters and your opinions on FUNimation's other licenses...there is NO way I missed that ._.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:28 pm

Kirbopher wrote:._O Whoa, wait...not the Voice Actors question, I mean the one about the Saiyuki-based characters and your opinions on FUNimation's other licenses...there is NO way I missed that ._.
I could have sworn I said something this episode about Kirbopher's question about Journey to the West getting its own episode in the future :).

I started re-reading the entire translation again, today... 8)

Kirbopher
Regular

Post by Kirbopher » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:49 pm

._O My god, how did I MISS that?

Uh...wow, I apologize then, I must've not heard that part when I was away from my computer or there was something else that drowned it out. I'll go back and listen to the episode tommorow. Sorry dude ^^;;