Are Towa, Miira, and Demigra more powerful than BoG tier?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Are Towa, Miira, and Demigra more powerful than BoG tier?

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:46 pm

I haven't really gotten into the whole DBO story, but it's starting to look more interesting to me since Xenoverse is coming out and all.

But are these three villains stronger than, or at least have the potential to surpass Lord Beerus and Whis?

hleV
Banned

Re: Are Towa, Miira, and Demigra more powerful than BoG tier

Post by hleV » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:59 pm

I am 99% they're not. Can't remember which name belongs to whom (Towa/Mira), but IIRC the girl is just some magician (Kaio[shin]?) while the guy is an android. I find the girl pretty weak, considering she retreats all the time when battles involve below-Cell or even below-Freeza levels of power, though I guess she may not have seen the point to bother. The guy should be pretty strong, but BOG level? I highly doubt it. Who's Demigra?

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:03 pm

hleV wrote:I am 99% they're not. Can't remember which name belongs to whom (Towa/Mira), but IIRC the girl is just some magician (Kaio[shin]?) while the guy is an android. I find the girl pretty weak, considering she retreats all the time when battles involve below-Cell or even below-Freeza levels of power, though I guess she may not have seen the point to bother. The guy should be pretty strong, but BOG level? I highly doubt it. Who's Demigra?
It looks like we won't know anything about Demigra until Xenoverse, so he could possibly be the big threat even above BoG.
Not sure if Xenoverse is meant to fit in the continuity though as it supposedly happens after Z.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:46 pm

Demigra wasn't in DBO, and we don't know anything about him/her yet other than his/her name.

All we know about Miira is that he is stronger than DBO Piccolo & Trunks. We'll have to wait for more info through Xenoverse, since DBO is canceled.

As for Towa, what hleV said.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:12 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Demigra wasn't in DBO, and we don't know anything about him/her yet other than his/her name.

All we know about Miira is that he is stronger than DBO Piccolo & Trunks. We'll have to wait for more info through Xenoverse, since DBO is canceled.

As for Towa, what hleV said.
But is Xenoverse confirmed to add to the lore or is it just a game adaptation?

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:24 pm

OWmyDragonBallz wrote:But is Xenoverse confirmed to add to the lore or is it just a game adaptation?
You mean if XV is confirmed to be canon? Nothing is ever classified as canon or non-canon in DB.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:21 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Demigra wasn't in DBO, and we don't know anything about him/her yet other than his/her name.
We know he's a Demon God (Makaio[shin]?). So perhaps weaker than the Kaioshin? At least before Towa and Mira collect Kiri throughout the game?

As for the other two? No. As someone mentioned, we know Mira is stronger than Trunks and Piccolo from the AGE 1,000 era, and that's about it. We honestly don't see a lot from Towa or Mira in the games before the cancellation, but nothing really gives off the vibe that they are anywhere close to pushing the level of Beerus and Whis. Depending on what Trunks has gone through since the last time we saw him and how much Piccolo trained, I suppose it could be entirely possible that Mira isn't even stronger than Cell's peak.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:53 pm

The entirety of Xenoverse is just a big what-if story. It's not necessarily canon, although I suppose you could argue that it's not non-cannon either since IIRC, the point of the story is to align all the anomalies back with how things should be, so at the end you basically wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:59 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
We know he's a Demon God (Makaio[shin]?). So perhaps weaker than the Kaioshin? At least before Towa and Mira collect Kiri throughout the game?

As for the other two? No. As someone mentioned, we know Mira is stronger than Trunks and Piccolo from the AGE 1,000 era, and that's about it. We honestly don't see a lot from Towa or Mira in the games before the cancellation, but nothing really gives off the vibe that they are anywhere close to pushing the level of Beerus and Whis. Depending on what Trunks has gone through since the last time we saw him and how much Piccolo trained, I suppose it could be entirely possible that Mira isn't even stronger than Cell's peak.
I think as a "Demon God" it's far more likely that Demigra is going to be a God on the likes of Beerus/Godku with the new direction the franchise is taking. He appears in story mode after Beerus, and these new super strong Gods are the hot new thing.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:17 pm

Saiga wrote:I think as a "Demon God" it's far more likely that Demigra is going to be a God on the likes of Beerus/Godku with the new direction the franchise is taking. He appears in story mode after Beerus, and these new super strong Gods are the hot new thing.
That's entirely possible, but I wouldn't say it's far more likely. Given the rest of content in the game, one could easily argue that Demigra could also be recycled DBO material the game just never got to before the cancellation. I mean, the game didn't even make it to SS Goku vs. Freeza. That probably would have left us with at least 9 TMQs and maybe 8 UDs, so we missed out on a LOT of story material. Who knows what they didn't get around to showing us.

Personally, even with the game dead, I'd love an art book of all the game's concepts. Toriyama spent a lot of time drawing material for it after all. Though I'd like to see everything, not just the stuff he worked on.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:03 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Saiga wrote:I think as a "Demon God" it's far more likely that Demigra is going to be a God on the likes of Beerus/Godku with the new direction the franchise is taking. He appears in story mode after Beerus, and these new super strong Gods are the hot new thing.
That's entirely possible, but I wouldn't say it's far more likely. Given the rest of content in the game, one could easily argue that Demigra could also be recycled DBO material the game just never got to before the cancellation. I mean, the game didn't even make it to SS Goku vs. Freeza. That probably would have left us with at least 9 TMQs and maybe 8 UDs, so we missed out on a LOT of story material. Who knows what they didn't get around to showing us.
I definitely think it's more likely. Even if Demigra was something to be used in DBO, they could have repurposed him. And I don't think "Makaioshin" would be translated as "Demon God" but something like "[Evil/Devil/Demon/Dark] Supreme Kai". They've incorporated Battle of Gods into this story, so obviously this isn't pure DBO material. The timing of this, the direction the franchise is taking, following Beerus up with Demigra, the name "Demon God" to match the current Gods... to me, everything points to Demigra being new God-tier.

I could very well be wrong, but I'm absolutely sure that's what they're going for here. It makes the most sense to me, and seems like the smartest decision to try and tie in to all the fresh new material.

I would prefer a Makaioshin buuuut I think that material is never going to be adequately explored. If Demigra is a Makaioshin, I fully expect that they'll make no reference to the "currently weaker than the Kaioshin" comment and it'll be up to fans to explain why he's so damn strong (like your idea with kiri boosting him).
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:43 pm

Of course it isn't pure DBO material, Bandai Namco (and thus Dimps) have the rights to more material from the franchise, and and of course Battle of Gods didn't exist back then anyway. Would it have been included had DBO continued, if it grew more popular and they could renegotiate for more rights? Likely not, but we can't say for certain.

Anyway, I don't know. If they truly wanted to follow the new god theme of the recent movies, you would think they'd do that with the Time Kaioshin too, since they aren't above making some changes to the source DBO material. They could have easily done so. She had never been seen before and wasn't mentioned but like twice in all the game material me and my fiance have translated to this point. But most of the material in the game has remained pretty darn faithful in terms of character information. Trunks is still a Time Patrolman, the Time Kaioshin is still the Kaioshin of time, Towa is still a mage ("scientist") from the demon realm collecting energy, Mira is still an artificial lifeform Towa created, and both of them are still unraveling history. The only real detail we aren't certain on is if they are still a couple with a kid.

The Makaio(shin) material is still fairly recent as well. It's been a while since DBO (whatever was intended there) and the SEGs, but the tidbits were just mentioned yet again in the Chozenshuu last year, and again in the Full Color Q&As earlier this year. So they still have some relevance IMO. Would they have went with *evil/demonic word* Supreme Kai? I don't know. Funi has gotten better, but still aren't perfect. They didn't ignore the gods in Battle of Gods (how could they?), but they did try to skirt around it a bit with Beerus the Destroyer. I could see them looking at Makaioshin / Demon Realm King God and taking a sharpie to it for Demon Realm King God. Especially if the tiny connections to the Kaio(shin) aren't addressed in the game.

Not saying it has to be this way. They could easily want to go for something much grander in scale, but I just don't see either option being more likely than the other. Though I'm definitely wanting it to be a Makaioshin so that mystery can be solved.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:01 pm

Wasn't the Time Kaioshin changed from Kaio to Kaioshin, though? So they've already made a fairly frivolous change. Hell the 'time' part in the Japanese names is even written differently although I don't know the significance of that.

Where were the Makaioshin mentioned in the Full Colour Q & A's? Was it anything new or just repeated information like the Chogenshuu? Also, any idea what Herms meant by Chogenshuu 4 making it likely that Dabra isn't a Makaio/shin? He never got back to me on that.

I definitely think they'd go with [baaaaad] Supreme Kai, because of the consistency. I think they even should go with that, so casual fans understand the connection through name. Didn't they already translate the Time Kaioshin as Supreme Kai of Time?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:50 pm

Toki no Kaioshin could have been what they meant for DBO. The name was in Korean and we had to translate it to the Japanese equivalent, which isn't always an exact science. We tried to do some research on the Korean version of DB, but my fiance just isn't all that familiar with it. She mainly watched the Japanese version or the Funi dub when she moved here. The Korean characters seemed to match up with Kaio discussions, but it could have been Kaioshin. Using "jikan" over "toki" was definitely our doing though after researching the Japanese characters for time and their specific definitions, though toki wouldn't have exactly been wrong.

It was just the same recycled information. The fact that they are circulating it more frequently could mean something, or it may not. But the concept is still relatively fresh in some fans minds, so it wouldn't seem weird to me if they were finally expanding on the concept. (I'd assume he just meant that Dabra isn't listed as an example of a Makaioshin or anything? I dunno. You're still better off trying to ask him. lol)

They did. Though even modern Funi isn't exactly consistent with Dragon Ball. Subtitles are one thing, but games always use dubtitles and I just don't trust them as much. An inconsistency or oversight wouldn't surprise me. That's why when the achievements or trophies, whatever it was that leaked, were revealed, I wanted the Japanese version of Demigra's.

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:29 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote: since DBO is canceled.
WAIT WHAT??

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:37 am

Angelus wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote: since DBO is canceled.
WAIT WHAT??
Yeah, it's been over a year since then.