GT Cast

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

GT Cast

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:06 pm

If you could pick the 3 people who had to go into space and find the dark dragon balls in the first story arc, who would you pick? You don't have to include Goku but you're limited to 3.

KameRule
Beyond Newbie

Re: GT Cast

Post by KameRule » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:28 pm

It would've been pretty funny to see Vegeta go out and try to keep control of Trunks/Goten
Master, the batteries inside your Wii Remote are nearly depleted.

Master, there is a 98% chance that the floor is beneath you.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:35 pm

Honestly, I kind of wish it had been Goku with Pan and Oob. Your main character, and the two new characters that need their chance to shine - it's pretty much perfect.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:21 pm

Oob, Pan and Bra. Oob, because he would see what kind of fighter he was after training with Goku and he could develop a protective attitude towards the girls, specially Pan since she is Goku's granddaughter. Bra would do stuff like creating Giru and be the strategist of the trio, while developing a rivalry with Pan. Eventually the girls would reach Super Saiyan in their search for the Dragon Balls.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:48 pm

:arrow: Goku, Pan, and Oob.

It could have made for so many great potential interactions. Oob would have a real purpose in the story, and it would make Pan's bratty attitude much more justified than "4 the kiddies" as well as more developed as a character . More importantly, it could keep Goku as fresh as a character whatnot being both their teachers.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:33 pm

They need their tech person. So it'd have to be one of Bulma/Vegeta's clan. It'd be neat to see Vegeta be all tech savvy now and have to be the technology guy.

Goku'd be in there obviously. We need some Goku and Vegeta hijinks in space. The proverbial dick measuring contests would be glorious.

Then you need the new blood. I'd go for Uub. Just makes more sense that way. More of his training could entail space adventures.

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:49 pm

I'd choose someone with good scientific knowlege and able to repair the spaceship, if anything is broken and that'll be job for Gohan or Trunks. So, my three would be Son Goku along with Vegeta and Son Gohan.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:55 pm

I think I'd like Gohan/Goten/Vegeta or Goku/Goten/Vegeta

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:06 pm

Oob - Goku's hands picked successor. He's gotta be in the main cast. The level headed leader.

Pan - Goku's Granddaughter and Gohan's daughter, so it continues the lineage of the Son family being great adventurers to unknown regions of the universe. The energetic, fight loving, yet sweet hearted blood knight.

Bra - Vegeta's daughter and could also provide a great foil/rival/comrade for Pan or vice-versa. And also provides generational continuation of the Goku/Vegeta rivalry. The arrogance, pride and thirst for strength of Vegeta and the super intelligence and vain nature of Bulma.

This is what GT should have been

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:57 am

It's hard to say if it's just three. There are a few characters who I think more development, including newly introduced Pan and Oob, but if it's limited to just three - Gohan, Pan and Oob. At least one of the people has to have some knowledge of technology, and Gohan was helping Bulma work on the ship at the start of GT. If Pan's characterization was better handled than GT I'd think she'd be fine to have the focus on, and she needs to be developed from her small appearance from the manga. It'd also be good to explore her relationship with her father, 'cause you could watch GT without even knowing they're related.

Oob I was a little unsure about, because it's separating him from Goku. I thought that maybe he could be trained by Goku on Earth while the grand tour was going on, but I couldn't think of someone more appropriate than him to add to the space cast anyway.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Fishman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fishman » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:15 pm

We're going off into space, let's make sure not to bring the one guy we know who is from outer space and spent a good deal of their life in interstellar travel (Vegeta). Let's bring a buncha damn kids.

I'm super digging peoples' ideas in the thread of an Uub, Pan, Bra team. Mostly because all three of those characters contribute basically nothing to GT because they're all significantly weaker than they should be. Like at the very least Vegeta could have been someone they called home to or somethin, if not there in person as the chaperone. Anybody but Goku would be nice because GT Goku is in full Toei Glory Hog mode.

GT stands for Goku Time though so we saw what really happened + "Let's try to make Main Timeline Trunks just like Future Trunks! I'm sure this will work."
Super Saiyan Blue is not a creative color.
DBZ Movie 3 told a stronger and more believable "Evil Goku" story in 60 minutes than Dragon Ball Super has in 20 episodes. And it did it with better visuals and score.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:38 am

Fishman wrote:We're going off into space, let's make sure not to bring the one guy we know who is from outer space and spent a good deal of their life in interstellar travel (Vegeta). Let's bring a buncha damn kids.

I'm super digging peoples' ideas in the thread of an Uub, Pan, Bra team. Mostly because all three of those characters contribute basically nothing to GT because they're all significantly weaker than they should be. Like at the very least Vegeta could have been someone they called home to or somethin, if not there in person as the chaperone. Anybody but Goku would be nice because GT Goku is in full Toei Glory Hog mode.

GT stands for Goku Time though so we saw what really happened + "Let's try to make Main Timeline Trunks just like Future Trunks! I'm sure this will work."
Actually yeah, I kind of forgot how Vegeta had way more space experience than anyone. I think it'd make a lot of sense to bring him, but I'm not sure he'd fit my team very well. :think: It'd be a lot easier to find a place for him if they had more than three people, or multiple teams.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:10 am

Goten, Trunks (yay for the possibility of Gotenks!), and... Piccolo!

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:24 am

The original group of Goku+Pan+Trunks seems like the perfect team IMO.

The idea of bringing Vegeta over because he has decades of experience with outer space sounds like a good idea though I don't know if him having enough technical experience to replace Trunks is plausible. He'd need to know how to pilot Buruma's ship, while the only ships we've seen Vegeta "pilot" are Freeza's space pods and those are self-piloting.

I liked Trunks being able to come along and spend a third of GT as a major character personally as it helped differentiate him from Goten. In the original series I felt present Goten/Trunks weren't developed enough and seemed to rely on each other to exist as characters.

Son Goku definitely has to come along. He's the main character and Pilaf using the Ultimate DBs on him was the reason they had to go into space in the first place. I doubt he'd want to send kids like Pan/Oob/Bra alone into a world of unknown dangers to fix a mistake he is the closest to being at fault for.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:00 am

Vegeta, Piccolo and Uub was the team I used on that Game Boy GT game, and I kinda like it (though granted, options were limited).

Vegeta is obvious, so's Uub, but I like Piccolo going along to take responsibility for making the BSDBs. That does kinda throw off the character balance, though...

Diotor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diotor » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:06 pm

Yamcha, Tenshinhan & Chaiozu.

The A-Team.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:34 pm

Yajirobe, Roshi, Bulma. Then, at least it makes sense that random space garbage can seriously contest them, and that they don't just fly away whenever the opportunity to do so presents itself. Plus Yajirobe is a badass. Uub and the others are basically gods in a universe where fucking Raditz can casually massacre entire civilizations and one-shot all but the the best ~twenty henchmen of the galaxy's most notorious space pirate.

Also, there would be no Earth-destroying dragon balls, because that's dumb.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:55 pm

Rocketman wrote:Vegeta, Piccolo and Uub was the team I used on that Game Boy GT game, and I kinda like it (though granted, options were limited).

Vegeta is obvious, so's Uub, but I like Piccolo going along to take responsibility for making the BSDBs. That does kinda throw off the character balance, though...
There's a GT video game that lets you pick your team?

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:13 pm

Saiga wrote:There's a GT video game that lets you pick your team?
GT Transformation lets you unlock some more characters, which you can then use in a "new game+" runthrough of the stages/planets.

But like I said, the options are very limited - Base/SS/SS4 Goku, Trunks, Pan w/ Giru, Vegeta, Piccolo, Uub and Baby-Vegeta. And the transformations are seperate, so in true GT fashion, you can have a team of pure Goku.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:39 pm

Team 1 Goku (lead), Pan (newcomer) and Trunks (knowledge)

Team 2 Gohan (lead, knowledge), Oob (newcomer) and Goten (additional screentime)
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"