Dragon Ball booth at AnimeJapan 2015 (21 March)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgt

Dragon Ball booth at AnimeJapan 2015 (21 March)

Post by dbgt » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:34 pm

Here is all the Dragon Ball related stuff of this year at the biggest anime convention in Japan. The images are high resolution and uploaded in their original size, go to the img url if you want to view them at their original size

Booth
Here there is a lot of information, maybe it all has been released already, I'm not sure as there is many kanji, sorry....
Character design

They were selling movie tickets here and giving these bonus items limited to these convention. A postcard of golden freezer and in the back there is a pin.
Last edited by dbgt on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball booth at AnimeJapan 2015 (21 March)

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:26 pm

Man, Japan are always get the exclusively awesome Dragon Ball related stuff.

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sayian_nation_ » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:09 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Man, Japan are always get the exclusively awesome Dragon Ball related stuff.
They really do it makes me jealous. Meanwhile in America "oh my god 50 shades of grey!!". I'm moving to Japan screw this.

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sayian_nation_ » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:17 pm

I don't like how skinny the characters are made, does that bother anyone else?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:24 pm

Saiyan_nation_ wrote:Meanwhile in America "oh my god 50 shades of grey!!".
Then they have the audacity to say Anime is stupid when a good amount of entertainment they like is nothing but stupid.
Last edited by sintzu on Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:27 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Man, Japan are always get the exclusively awesome Dragon Ball related stuff.
Japan is it's homeland, afterall.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

snaku
Regular

Post by snaku » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:19 pm

Ok, I might have a problem. Just ordered that ticket+postcard+pin package off ebay for more than any sane person should probably spend. Think I'm gonna have it framed, ha. :crazy:

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:35 pm

sintzu wrote:
Then they have the audacity to say Anime is stupid when a good amount of entertainment they like is nothing but stupid.
I wonder if it'll hurt when you realize Japan preferred Ted to DBZ.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

dougo13
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dougo13 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:08 pm

sintzu wrote:
My bud who was a high school teacher in Japan used to say stuff like that, so it's not just from people over here. He thought it was amusing also that so many people liked live action shows like the many Sentai and Henshin series. He said they were mostly for the under 10 crowd to watch while Mom made supper. But it came in handy to suit his own agenda. He was a mystery story fan as well as an old movie buff so we hit it off good over the years and I got a good grounding in things Japan from him. But he was also the kindest guy I knew. He got me everything I asked for and a lot of stuff he gave me for free, like just about every major anime mag from 1980 - 2000 and tons of weekly manga magazines. The postage alone must have been killer. On top of that were all the tapes over 20 years...thousands of them! Now that's the kind of person anyone anywhere would like to have as a friend...

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:11 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Man, Japan are always get the exclusively awesome anime related stuff.
Fixed and so true.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.