Any new FUNimation DB/DBZ Blu-ray or DVD release announced?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Any new FUNimation DB/DBZ Blu-ray or DVD release announced?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:17 pm

Haven't really been paying much attention to Dragon Ball news but has FUNimation said anything about a new Dragon Ball / Dragon Ball Z release (BD/DVD)?
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Any new FUNimation DB/DBZ Blu-ray or DVD release announc

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:29 pm

Nope, not to my knowledge. The lastest Dragon Ball related project that Funimation is going to be involved with this year is Resurrection F. But that could get Blu-Ray and DVD release before the end of the year as well.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:39 pm

There were some very brief rumblings about a new HD transfer of the movies being released, but the website/listing mentioning this may have disappeared as quickly as it was discovered.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:53 pm

They just got finished releasing the whole series on BD... I doubt they'll do another rerelease again. The next things they'll release is Resurrection F and Kai Majin Buu saga.
theoriginalbilis wrote:There were some very brief rumblings about a new HD transfer of the movies being released, but the website/listing mentioning this may have disappeared as quickly as it was discovered.
I'm still hoping for Dragonbox the Movies like a fool.. But why I'm still hoping for them I have no idea.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:30 am

But they already have the movies on blu-ray. Is there really need for an "HD" transfer for them? If it's not Dragon Box, what's really the point?

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:41 am

They just finished releasing all nine seasons of Z on Blu-ray (cropped to 16:9) and have released Battle of Gods as well. The only thing I have heard of is a complete set of the first thirteen movies. This whole "new HD transfer" mentioned in the above replies is new, but it would be nice to have instead of just buying a box of thirteen films already released. And of course, there is the inevitable release of Resurrection「F」. Beyond that, nothing has been announced. I don't see them doing a Blu-ray release for the original Dragon Ball, unfortunately. There isn't really anything else to release...