Goku in Super Smash Bros. ?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Goku in Super Smash Bros. ?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:52 pm

SSJ Electric Fury wrote:
SSJ4 Furanki wrote:for a more serious one picked Sceptile to finish out the Pokémon type trio and would make sense in my opinion with all the ORAS hype (though it's calmed a bit by now).
Yes! Thank you! I voted for it, too. We already have a Kanto and Kalos starter. Meganium is unremarkable. I don't see much potential in Serperior. That leaves Sceptile and Torterra. The latter could be designed as a Bowser / Ivysaur hybrid, which would be cool, but Sceptile is faster, was prominently featured in a much more recent title, and has a Mega.
I honestly just want Snake, Wolf and an Awakening version of Roy (like with Ike) to return for me to be happy. I do have to admit that after 8-Player Smash was announced though, I was hoping we'd have 8 unique Pokemon to duke it out. I'd be happy just getting Squirtle and Ivysaur back to make things easier, but if I had to suggest completely new characters, I wouldn't mind Sceptile. I'd like another for an eighth, but it's hard to pick with those who just don't seem like they deserve it or are already used as Pokeball assists.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:35 pm

I voted for Snake. I miss his disproportionately powerful knee strikes, jump kicks, and land mines. :( Also, grenade spam.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:53 pm

Not much else to say at this point. Moving to the "Video Games" section and locking.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::