Is Kid Boo stronger than Super Boo?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Is Kid Boo stronger than Super Boo?

Post by Dayspring » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:20 pm

Creating this thread because another thread is derailing into not just an off-topic one, but specifically into a disrespectful one.

Bring all your arguments and counter-arguments. Do it in a respectful manner. Check your sarcasm and pretentiousness at the door.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Re: Is Kid Boo stronger than Super Boo?

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:33 pm

Nope. Not even close. Super Buu is in a completely different league.

Even if we ignore some of the statements regarding Gotenks as 'gag', we still should end up with this chain:

SS3 Gotenks >/= Super Buu >>> SS2 Gotenks >> SS Gotenks [post] >/>>/>>> SS Gotenks [pre] >~ SS3 Goku >= Kid Buu

Goku admits inferiority to Super Buu, yet says he can finish Kid Buu at full power.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Nah, Kid Buu is weaker than Super.
That's the whole point.
Goku could beat the failed fused Buu(Fat), the kids and Gohan acquired enough power to beat the succesful one(Super Buu) and it's pointed out to us, that Goku would get stomped without some sort of merger. In fact Goku doesn't even get to fight Super, but instead he gets a guy he can have a good fight against only losing out due to SS3's drawbacks rather than lacking power.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:25 pm

Its painfully obvious and simple to see Super Buu is clearly stronger and by a great deal.

We got Kid Buu, who Goku is confident he can take him alone, and outright confirms when Vegeta mentions Buu should be easy work as a SSJ3 to which Goku agrees.

Then we got Super Buu, who even as a SSJ3 and with Vegeta who can go SSJ2, Goku didnt even want to attempt fighting without fusing.

Super Buu > Kid Buu and thats all that really needs to be shown. One would require fusion, the other could be handled by Goku alone.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:34 pm

For the most part, the original manga pretty heavily indicates that Evil/Super Boo is the stronger of the two.

You've got the (admittedly unfulfilled) expectation that Fat Boo will be matched by Super Saiyan Gotenks, who then gets a whole heckuva lot stronger via Super Saiyan 3 and yet still is only about equal with Evil Boo. You've got Goku straight-up saying that Evil Boo is too strong for either himself or Vegeta to handle, presumably unless they use some form of Fusion... but then they both believe Goku is capable of taking out Pure/Kid Boo, which is never redacted. You've got some late-game stuff that could sort of be taken to mean that Pure Boo is stronger, like the "whole universe is doomed if we lose" and "only [Goku] can fight him." But unless we get some word of god saying so, neither of those is really definitive enough to outweigh the other two big points, and can be explained other ways.

But then the anime decided to make things even messier by introducing some equally-definitive statements about Pure Boo's strength compared to the others, but STILL kept all the previous lines to the contrary.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:59 pm

Kaboom wrote:For the most part, the original manga pretty heavily indicates that Evil/Super Boo as the stronger of the two.

You've got the (admittedly unfulfilled) expectation that Fat Boo will be matched by Super Saiyan Gotenks, who then gets a whole heckuva lot stronger via Super Saiyan 3 and yet still is only about equal with Evil Boo. You've got Goku straight-up saying that Evil Boo is too strong for either himself or Vegeta to handle, presumably unless they use some form of Fusion... but then they both believe Goku is capable of taking out Pure/Kid Boo, which is never redacted. You've got some late-game stuff that could sort of be taken to mean that Pure Boo is stronger, like the "whole universe is doomed if we lose" and "only [Goku] can fight him." But unless we get some word of god saying so, neither of those is really definitive enough to outweigh the other two big points, and can be explained other ways.

But then the anime decided to make things even messier by introducing some equally-definitive statements about Pure Boo's strength compared to the others, but STILL kept all the previous lines to the contrary.
I agree that super buu is stronger then kid buu. But kid buu is incredibly unpredictable. And seems to have unlimited energy and better understanding of his regeneration powers then super buu. Also he can instantly learn a technique after watching it once. So if super buu didn't react quick enough kid buu would have destroyed him. Kid buu might not be stronger then super buu but he is 10x more dangerous. An example would be like bane and joker. Bane is the superior warrior and tactican. But if he underestimates joker. Joker can kill him.
Last edited by Berserker1921 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:00 pm

Kid Boo is nowhere near Super Boo's strength. A full powered SSJ3 Goku could have obliterated Kid Boo, while Goku was outright frightened at the prospect of battling Super Boo on his own.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:02 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Kid Boo is nowhere near Super Boo's strength. A full powered SSJ3 Goku could have obliterated Goku, while Goku was outright frightened at the prospect of battling Super Boo on his own.
But who would you be more afraid of kid buu or super buu?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:07 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Kid Boo is nowhere near Super Boo's strength. A full powered SSJ3 Goku could have obliterated Goku, while Goku was outright frightened at the prospect of battling Super Boo on his own.
Goku was more than willing to battle Kid Boo, while he outright declined any idea of taking on Super Boo on his while him and Vegeta were trapped in his body.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:11 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:
Goku was more than willing to battle Kid Boo, while he outright declined any idea of taking on Super Boo on his while him and Vegeta were trapped in his body.
Okay but what about after the fact. Let's say you saw both super buu and kid buu. Who would you rather fight? A creature that is sadistic but can be reasoned with such like super buu? Or an insane creature that only wants to watch everything burn. Even though he is not stronger then super buu. I rather fight someone who can be reasoned with that will allow me to train to get stronger. Then a one who will destroy the planet were on befor we fight because he can. Killing me due to not surviving in space and he regenerates and does it all over the universe.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:13 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:
Okay but what about after the fact. Let's say you saw both super buu and kid buu. Who would you rather fight? A creature that is sadistic but can be reasoned with such like super buu? Or an insane creature that only wants to watch everything burn. Even though he is not stronger then super buu. I rather fight someone who can be reasoned with that will allow me to train to get stronger. Then a one who will destroy the planet were on befor we fight because he can. Killing me due to not surviving in space and he regenerates and does it all over the universe.
I would rather fight the one I can beat. That's, in short, Goku's reaction to Super Buu and KId Buu.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:17 pm

rereboy wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:
I would rather fight the one I can beat. That's, in short, Goku's reaction to Super Buu and KId Buu.
Yes you can kill Kid buu but it would take all your power. And if you mess up once your screwed. Super buu is stronger but if you want to train he'll let you train because he wants a challenge. So he'll let you get stronger or fuse. Will kid buu won't even considers that. He'll blow up the planet as your thinking to you're self oh I can kill this....oh shit. Bam the planet is destroyed. Everyone you love is dead. You in heaven again. And all you see kid buu going from planet to planet blowing them all up laughing his way around the universe. Don't underestimate someone who has nothing to lose or is unpredictable.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:23 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Yes you can kill Kid buu but it would take all your power. And if you mess up once your screwed. Super buu is stronger but if you want to train he'll let you train because he wants a challenge. So he'll let you get stronger or fuse. Will kid buu won't even considers that. He'll blow up the planet as your thinking to you're self oh I can kill this....oh shit. Bam the planet is destroyed. Everyone you love is dead. You in heaven again. And all you see kid buu going from planet to planet blowing them all up laughing his way around the universe. Don't underestimate someone who has nothing to lose or is unpredictable.
Super Buu wouldn't let you. The only reason he let Trunks and Goten go to ROSAT was because Piccolo told him that Mr. Satan's daughter wanted him to and even then he only had enough patience to wait a few dozen minutes. Not to mention that he killed all of humanity in an instant just because it was mentioned they were still alive.

Kid Buu is more chaotic and unpredictable but I think you are really underestimating just how dangerous and unpredictable Super Buu also is.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:32 pm

rereboy wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote: Yes you can kill Kid buu but it would take all your power. And if you mess up once your screwed. Super buu is stronger but if you want to train he'll let you train because he wants a challenge. So he'll let you get stronger or fuse. Will kid buu won't even considers that. He'll blow up the planet as your thinking to you're self oh I can kill this....oh shit. Bam the planet is destroyed. Everyone you love is dead. You in heaven again. And all you see kid buu going from planet to planet blowing them all up laughing his way around the universe. Don't underestimate someone who has nothing to lose or is unpredictable.
Super Buu wouldn't let you. The only reason he let Trunks and Goten go to ROSAT was because Piccolo told him that Mr. Satan's daughter wanted him to and even then he only had enough patience to wait a few dozen minutes. Not to mention that he killed all of humanity in an instant just because it was mentioned they were still alive.

Kid Buu is more chaotic and unpredictable but I think you are really underestimating just how dangerous and unpredictable Super Buu also is.
I agree their both monsters but as long as you mention mr satan and such he will hold back. Even if it's a few minutes to a an hour. And yes he destroyed everyone on the planet except mr satan and anyone who could dodge the beams. But even when he became buuhan and yes I consider them the same person except buuhan is smarter and stronger. He even allowed goku to find someone to merge with. His own ego and seeking a challenge will be his weakness. And a few minutes to an hr can be so much in the dbz world. Five minutes in the hyperbolic time chamber would give someone at least a stronger advantage or be a distraction to him. He'll an hr would have increased goku strength and power drastically. Or to a level near super buu. Heck you can summon a spirit bomb.

And you underestimate kid buu. Like the heroes did and what happened? They lost earth and their back up. And once again underestimated him as goku held back and lost a majority of his power. While kid buu was perfectly fine. If vegeta didn't tell him what to do they would have all died that day. Kid buus only weakness is that he wants to have fun. He will torture you and fight you only if it seems fun. And once he is bored of you he will kill you all. This why supreme Kai wsd more afraid of this version then super buu. He has seen them all technically so he knows which one is more of a threat.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:34 pm

And you underestimate kid buu. Like the heroes did and what happened? They lost earth and their back up. And once again underestimated him as goku held back and lost a majority of his power. While kid buu was perfectly fine. If vegeta didn't tell him what to do they would have all died that day. Kid buus only weakness is that he wants to have fun. He will torture you and fight you only if it seems fun. And once he is bored of you he will kill you all. This why supreme Kai wsd more afraid of this version then super buu. He has seen them all technically so he knows which one is more of a threat.
More like he had PTSD when a monster that slaughtered, ate, and absorbed his family showed up. There's actually no way Kid Buu could kill Super Buu from the powers we've seen both of them display, Super Buu would tank anything Kid Buu throws at him and then some.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:44 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:
And you underestimate kid buu.
No, I clearly know that Kid Buu is more chaotic and more Super Buu. I even wrote that in my last post. I'm simply saying that the difference between them in terms of personality is not that far apart and it doesn't make up for how much stronger Super Buu is than Kid Buu at all. Basically, only if Kid Buu and Super Buu had the same exact power level, would it preferable to fight Super Buu instead of Kid Buu.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:52 pm

singsing wrote:
More like he had PTSD when a monster that slaughtered, ate, and absorbed his family showed up. There's actually no way Kid Buu could kill Super Buu from the powers we've seen both of them display, Super Buu would tank anything Kid Buu throws at him and then some.
I agree with you. If these two opponents fought each other. Super buu wins. Without a doubt due to his power and not needing oxygen to live. But if you see the xenoverse vids (I know not cannon). Where gohan ultimate gohan vs kid buu. Gohan would destroy him with no effort. But if you leave your guard down. He kills the whole planet taking you with him. And he regenerates and laughs his way to another planet. Also he can instantly learn techniques of he sees an opponent use a skill. I would rather fight super buu any day. It's like joker vs bane. I rather fight bane.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:56 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:
singsing wrote:
I agree with you. If these two opponents fought each other. Super buu wins. Without a doubt due to his power and not needing oxygen to live. But if you see the xenoverse vids (I know not cannon). Where gohan ultimate gohan vs kid buu. Gohan would destroy him with no effort. But if you leave your guard down. He kills the whole planet taking you with him. And he regenerates and laughs his way to another planet. Also he can instantly learn techniques of he sees an opponent use a skill. I would rather fight super buu any day. It's like joker vs bane. I rather fight bane.
Not really. Joker can kill Bane. Kid Buu cannot kill Super Buu.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:23 pm

Goku thinks they'd need to revert Super Boo to Fat Boo if they're going to win without fusion. He's also perfectly fine fusing permanently just to beat Super Boo. I know Goku expressed regret in not using the potara against Kid Boo, but I think that's because it would've been a more efficient option at that point. Super Boo is more powerful.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:07 pm

Times like these I wish MFG forums hadn't disappeared, because there were literally thousands of pages of posts devoted to this topic back when there wasn't a consensus and the manga was much less available to English audiences. It's easy to take for granted the fact that almost everybody who engages the topic arrives the same conclusion nowadays.

'Super' Buu is definitely the "Mightiest Majin" to appear in the series, regardless of which absorbed state he is in.