How does Golden Frieza fare off against fighters in GT

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJsambosoldier

How does Golden Frieza fare off against fighters in GT

Post by SSJsambosoldier » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:39 pm

How does Golden Frieza fare off against GT characters like the SSJ4s, Baby, Super 17, and the dragons?

In my opinion I think he beats the. Ssj4s, Bebi, and Super 17 with ease, Omega in a hard fight, and gets stomped by Gogeta Image

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: How does Golden Freeza fare off against fighters in GT

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:36 pm

Golden Freeza would crush 95% of the GT cast. Only Omega Shenron and SSJ4 Gogeta would stand a chance against him.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:48 pm

He gets one-shotted by Super #17, in my opinion.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:36 pm

Golden Frieza would annihilate Rildo, the SSJ4s, the shadow dragons, and put up a very good match against Omega Shenron before ultimately losing after his power starts to decrease. Against SSJ4 Gogeta, it depends on whose power depletes first, but I'm sure SSJ4 Gogeta would have the upperhand before this happens.

I actually agree that Super 17 would beat him. Not because he's stronger, but because Frieza honestly isn't very smart; he has a low fighting IQ. He just isn't much of a technical fighter, and relies on his power too much. He'd have the upper hand at first, but Super 17 would continue to absorb his energy. Frieza, the moron that he is, wouldn't know what to do against this or even realize what's happening, and start spamming more blasts in desperation, leading to Super 17 becoming god mode and one-shotting him.

Frieza would likely get his body stolen by Bebi before he has a chance to fight him too.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:05 pm

There's not an effective basis of comparison for the characters, but I suppose I imagine Freeza being at or much higher than the level the stronger GT characters reach.

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:59 pm

I assume that Golden Frieza is a God, similar to God Goku and Beerus. Therefore, I think that pretty much any God-level1 character could wipe the floor with any non-God character, Omega Shenron included. However, I'm pretty sure that Toriyama didn't consider any of the GT characters or plot points in creating Battle of Gods or Resurrection "F" since these two movies alone create numerous problems for GT.

1 This means Dende is not included.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:30 pm

SpiritBombTriumphant wrote:I assume that Golden Freeza is a God, similar to God Goku and Beerus. Therefore, I think that pretty much any God-level1 character could wipe the floor with any non-God character, Omega Shenron included. However, I'm pretty sure that Toriyama didn't consider any of the GT characters or plot points in creating Battle of Gods or Resurrection "F" since these two movies alone create numerous problems for GT.
I'd agree that he's probably stronger than most of the characters that appear, on the basis that Super Saiyan God characters seem to be stronger than their Super Saiyan 4 counterparts (based on logic from another thread), although really who the hell knows and it depends on where you start GT Goku, which there are a few different plausible arguments for.

No idea on a comparison to Yi Xing-Long, though, and there's no way to effectively make one. All we know about Yi Xing-Long is that he's some unspecified great deal stronger than Super Saiyan 4 characters, and some great deal weaker than the ridiculously powerful Gogeta; Freeza would likely be in the same super vague range.

Also, "Omega Shenron" is a name your twelve-year-old brother came up.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:34 pm

I really hate these comparisons as we really don't know. There's several comparisons you can make. Only time I've ever seen it done is in Xenoverse with SSJ4 Goku being complimented by Whis to be the next God of Destruction, and Gogeta saying maybe now he can beat Beerus, rather than just being really cocky. Beerus also was really impressed by SSJ4 Gogeta. Though game interactions don't really solidify points as fact. Personally I think we need to wait for now til we get something concrete.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:13 am

Power scaling GT and the newer movies seems to be a total mess in most threads. It seems like Golden Freeza is still weaker then Beerus and Whis. So I say that he makes it up to Super Yi Xing Long and SSj4 Gogeta.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:26 am

He wrecks everybody effortlessly, then Base Kid Goku punches him in half.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:35 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:So I say that he makes it up to Super Yi Xing Long and SSj4 Gogeta.
"Makes it up there with" as in, is in the same general league? Yi Xing-Long, maybe, but there's another huge gap between Yi Xing-Long and Gogeta, so it's hard to say.

It's hard to even get a read on Super Yi Xing-Long vs. Beerus. Beerus is able to beat Super Saiyan 3 Goku with a flick of his fingers, but with Super Yi Xing-Long comfortably outpacing two Super Saiyan 4s (one of whom had just received a large power boost), there's nothing saying he couldn't do the same.

SSJsambosoldier

Post by SSJsambosoldier » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:23 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:Golden Freeza would annihilate Rildo, the SSJ4s, the shadow dragons, and put up a very good match against Omega Shenron before ultimately losing after his power starts to decrease. Against SSJ4 Gogeta, it depends on whose power depletes first, but I'm sure SSJ4 Gogeta would have the upperhand before this happens.

I actually agree that Super 17 would beat him. Not because he's stronger, but because Freeza honestly isn't very smart; he has a low fighting IQ. He just isn't much of a technical fighter, and relies on his power too much. He'd have the upper hand at first, but Super 17 would continue to absorb his energy. Freeza, the moron that he is, wouldn't know what to do against this or even realize what's happening, and start spamming more blasts in desperation, leading to Super 17 becoming god mode and one-shotting him.

Freeza would likely get his body stolen by Bebi before he has a chance to fight him too.

Yeah I think Frieza will be dumb enough to fall for Super 17s techniques. And he would have a good fight with omega before gassing out

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:11 am

According to guidebooks & video-games (well, one guidebook, Chozenshuu #4, & one video-game, XenoVerse), BoG/FnF and GT take place in the same continuity. So, Super Baby 1 is stronger than Golden Freeza, and even Whis.

Redgic seems to be stronger as well, since he forced Goku to go Super Saiyan, while Goku could easily beat Freeza in Hell, who should be at least as strong as FnF Freeza.
SpiritBombTriumphant wrote:I assume that Golden Freeza is a God, similar to God Goku and Beerus. Therefore, I think that pretty much any God-level1 character could wipe the floor with any non-God character, Omega Shenron included.

1 This means Dende is not included.
If that's the case, how did Goku, the rest of the Z-Senshi, and the villains, surpass Kami, Kaio, and Kaioshin? Daimao could kill Shenlong, Goku & Piccolo surpassed Kami in the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai, Kaio admitted that Vegeta & Nappa were stronger than him, and the Super Saiyans & Dabra were stronger than Kaioshin, not to mention that Boo defeated all 5 of them in the past, with 2 of them ending up dead.

And why would Freeza even be a god to begin with? A god of what?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:00 am

If we work with Xenoverse's stuff, I would probably place things like this:

SS4 Gogeta > Beerus > Omega Shenron > Golden Freeza > SS4 Goku > SS4 Vegeta

Giving that Freeza has a weakness, I think he would still have a chance of defeating SS4 Goku before he went beyond his limits. Super No.17 and Syn Shenron would probably survive to fight back later.

I would like to see how SSGSS Gogeta would fare against Whis if he had the same time's weakness that he had in GT.

Confidence Matters
Banned

Post by Confidence Matters » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:41 am

GT Base Goku handled an improved ROF Frieza AND an even stronger than that Cell and whooped that ass super easy.

Golden Frieza is still extremely weak in GT, like Ledgic put up MUCH more of a fight than both post-ROF FRieza AND stronger Cell combined.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:25 pm

With everyone in GT scaling with Kami to Kami and Fukkatsu no F - he loses in a battle against Kid Goku with Super Saiyajin God power in Hell even after he has trained again.

Seems familiar. Maybe going Golden would make him stronger. But not stronger than SSJ4.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:32 pm

He puts up a decent fight against Goku early in GT but then gets defeated and dies. Later in the series he shows up on King Kai's planet and Yamcha beats the shit out of him.

SSJsambosoldier

Post by SSJsambosoldier » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:59 pm

Why is everyone counting gt? It's not in the same continuity. I put GT as an what if scenario of Beerus and Whis never met the Z warriors.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:04 pm

SSJsambosoldier wrote:Why is everyone counting gt? It's not in the same continuity. I put GT as an what if scenario of Beerus and Whis never met the Z warriors.
Because who cares about canonicity when it comes to VS matches?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

SSJsambosoldier

Post by SSJsambosoldier » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:20 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
SSJsambosoldier wrote:Why is everyone counting gt? It's not in the same continuity. I put GT as an what if scenario of Beerus and Whis never met the Z warriors.
Because who cares about canonicity when it comes to VS matches?

Well given the fact that in Gt frieza being wished backed would have added another dragon, Goku needing the SSJ transformation, no mention of Beerus or Whis... I consider it a totally different storyline than saying Goku attained the God power from the start of GT.

But yeah SSGSSJ> SSG > SSJ4