What would happen if Ginyu steals the body of a fused being?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

What would happen if Ginyu steals the body of a fused being?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:52 pm

Like, say, he stole Gotenks' body? What happens when the time limit of the fusion runs out? Would Ginyu's body somehow split since it has the mind of the fusion, or would Gotenks' since it's the original body of the fusion? If the latter's true... would Ginyu's mind be split into two characters (Goten and Trunks)? If the former is true, would there be two Ginyus--one with Goten's mind and the other with Trunks' mind? Could Ginyu only take 50% control of the fusion (e.g. Goten, but not Trunks), resulting in an internal fight for possession? :wtf:
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What would happen if Ginyu steals the body of a fused be

Post by Angelus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:05 pm

I think Ginyu will only manifest each time Goten and Trunks fuse into Gotenks again. It was Gotenks he switched bodies with, not Goten and Trunks. His Ginyu body will have no motor functions, I guess. XD

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:07 pm

Well thats some crazy stuff,,,but imo since Gotenks is new person made of Goten and Trunks i can see Gotenks mind staying in Ginyus body, but after fusion runs out Goten and Trunks would be the same...

Maybe they would have Ginyus mind when they become Gotenks again ? xD

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:21 pm

When Vegito was absorbed by Buu, his fusion actually wore off because of the magic "air" inside Buu. I know, different fusion and different situation, but this shows that anything is possible really. It doesn't even have to be logical.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:32 pm

It would be like the situation when Boo absorbed Gotenks, Ginyu would retain Gotenks mind for as long as the fusion remains.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:34 pm

It's funny how you bring that up today, as I myself was coming up with an idea for a plot point in RoF, that could have Ginyu taking control of Gotenks' body and then we'll finally get to see, what happens, when the fusion comes undone.

I think the fusion will be split up in Goten and Trunks and Ginyu's soul would likewise be split between the two bodies.
Gotenks would have a body that wouldn't split up and he could exist permanently, if Ginyu doesn't change them back.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:24 pm

This is one of those questions that I suspect we'll never have a halfway-concrete answer to until Toriyama gives us one.

My gut tells me the answer would be, "he can't switch with Fusions, which are two souls in one body, and Ginyu's technique couldn't pick one to switch with," or something along those lines.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:27 pm

Kaboom wrote:This is one of those questions that I suspect we'll never have a halfway-concrete answer to until Toriyama gives us one.

My gut tells me the answer would be, "he can't switch with Fusions, which are two souls in one body, and Ginyu's technique couldn't pick one to switch with," or something along those lines.
This is the most logical answer, but this is also a Toriyama work, so I can see him doing something bizarre with it.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:54 pm

Angelus wrote:I think Ginyu will only manifest each time Goten and Trunks fuse into Gotenks again. It was Gotenks he switched bodies with, not Goten and Trunks. His Ginyu body will have no motor functions, I guess. XD
So creepy, yet hilarious. I second this. :lol:

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:01 pm

Or he switches with just one of them, and Gotenks becomes... Ginyunks/Gotyu?... until the fusion wears off, while the other kid ends up stuck in Ginyu's body. XD

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:28 pm

Fusion creates a whole new being, so I say he could switch with one. Defusing is where it gets interesting. He would essentially become like Kami and Piccolo, only instead of identical bodies, have one in Goten and one in Trunks. But what happens to the kids? Do they remain as Gotenks in Ginyu's body or does he split like Kami/Piccolo did, one with Goten's soul in the Ginyu body and the other with Trunks'?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:38 am

I don't think it would work, personally.

ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Beyond Newbie

Post by ThePrinceOfSaiyans » Fri May 01, 2015 5:03 am

This is an interesting question.

I think it would either not work, or wear off once they unfuse. He cant keep two souls, I think he'd be switched once fusion wears off.