"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by DBZ Macky » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:25 pm

Noah wrote:A week without Super is not a happy week :(
Well, at least you can enjoy the dub if you'd like.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:15 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:
Something just feels off about the week without a new Super episode.

You are right though, at least we have the dub, we also have Kai to look forward to as well.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:27 pm

sintzu wrote:
DBZ Macky wrote:
Something just feels off about the week without a new Super episode.

You are right though, at least we have the dub, we also have Kai to look forward to as well.
Plus samurai jack comes back tonight.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:15 am

We might do a lot of complaining about super, but the fact that we dislike weeks off shows that its truly a positive thing in our lives. I'll be distraught when super ends. Hopefully we get a new anime, even if it's a reboot / side story or whatever.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:14 am

Holy shit!
I was waiting to see episode 82...But it will be on air only at 03/19

Shit!

At least we have UFC to watch today.
Vados Sama!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:24 am

kinisking wrote:We might do a lot of complaining about super, but the fact that we dislike weeks off shows that its truly a positive thing in our lives.

I'll be distraught when super ends.
It proves that with all its faults, it's doing something right to get us upset when it takes time off.

I won't be because I know there'll be something else right after but I think they should wait awhile before starting it so we don't end up with another GT.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:37 am

So I got a question to all you,who was your favorite member from the trio of danger,my favorite one is basil the kicker, not only he had an awesome fight with buu,his voice is amazing and his personality and design is cool
Mostly active on discord.

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:52 am

kinisking wrote:We might do a lot of complaining about super, but the fact that we dislike weeks off shows that its truly a positive thing in our lives. I'll be distraught when super ends. Hopefully we get a new anime, even if it's a reboot / side story or whatever.
I don't think dragon ball will end anytime soon.

Not sure about the story of Goku lasting 500+ episodes, but I'm sure some kind of spin off will pop up at some point.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:59 am

You know what they say, DBS a week keeps the sadness away. Good thing I have Gintama and Gundam IB to look forward to later :lol:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:27 am

Had a quick rerun of the entire dub now that there is no episode, it's a close second..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:46 am

dragonballgeek wrote:Not sure about the story of Goku lasting 500+ episodes, but I'm sure some kind of spin off will pop up at some point.
Goku is DB so whatever we get will involve him.
The gr wrote:So I got a question to all you,who was your favorite member from the trio of danger,my favorite one is basil the kicker, not only he had an awesome fight with buu,his voice is amazing and his personality and design is cool
He's my favorite as well. I liked his fight and there's something I like about his name, I'm not sure what it is though. maybe it's because of how kicking and basil have 0 in common with each other yet somehow it fits him perfectly.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:02 am

The gr wrote:So I got a question to all you,who was your favorite member from the trio of danger,my favorite one is basil the kicker, not only he had an awesome fight with buu,his voice is amazing and his personality and design is cool
Lavenda, his fighting style is very scary..
Imagine fighting such a laughing posion spitting maniac when you are blind yourself..
That's a pretty darn scary opponent
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:15 am

I like Lavenda. I thought he was going to be my least favorite but I ended up liking him a lot. He is so clearly insane that it's kind of fun to watch him fight.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:53 am

Lord Frieza wrote:
Its even worse for me :cry:.....they would take a break just as one of my universes fighters is about to get some action :evil:.
I actually love the weeks without super, i can actually stop procastinating for once, and the only thing i can think about (related to the series) is that a week off might help the schedule, so that makes me happy.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:54 am

Lavenda is the best, i like he's ability and he looks mad asf
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:40 pm

Pantheon wrote:There's a heroes card with the team of three Goku,Vegeta and 17. I feel like this confirms my suspicion that 17 is gonna have a lot of screen time probably 2nd or 3rd most. (I know heroes cards aren't usually indicative of anything)

Universe 7 Screen time Prediction:
Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Krillin
Roshi
Piccolo
Tien
Buu
I'm happy i'm not the only one who thinks that 17 is going to have a huge part this time,i don't know if Toriyama is trolling us but he legit looks like Goku's sidekick in the poster,he has a place right next to him in the front and the others are all thrown in the back.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Just one quick question... Wha are we back to 2 attendants for the 2 Zenos if we had 4 in episode 77?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:32 pm

Lavenda and I thought I'd be the only one. Happy I'm not :) .

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:35 pm

My favorite one is lavenda, I like his design and his personality is awesome and the fight with gohan was epic, so yeah I'm on Team lavenda.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:43 pm

kinisking wrote:We might do a lot of complaining about super, but the fact that we dislike weeks off shows that its truly a positive thing in our lives. I'll be distraught when super ends. Hopefully we get a new anime, even if it's a reboot / side story or whatever.
Thankfully I am seeing more praises than complains lately, It is weird not reading "bad animation" comments in any social media so usually these days. It may be because people aren't really interested in this arc (like me) so they don't mind what is happening right now, or every aspect of the series is getting better.
Maybe in a few arcs we can say we have a normal series with a normal schedule, but who knows...