"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:37 am

Lupin879 wrote:
Noah wrote:
Lupin879 wrote:I do not know if is not true but
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Ultra Instinct Vegeta? I can't believe it!
what does say? can you translate all please?
It's a fake scan :wave:
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:53 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
Lupin879 wrote:
Noah wrote:
Ultra Instinct Vegeta? I can't believe it!
what does say? can you translate all please?
I do not think so.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:15 am

Lupin879 wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
Lupin879 wrote: what does say? can you translate all please?
I do not think so.
It's fake. It's been taken from the 100% fake "Toriyama's Jiren design" scan. Check out Herms98 on twitter to read the official translated spoilers.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:24 am

emperior wrote:
Lupin879 wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote: It's a fake scan :wave:
I do not think so.
It's fake. It's been taken from the 100% fake "Toriyama's Jiren design" scan. Check out Herms98 on twitter to read the official translated spoilers.
I understand is just curiosity

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:09 am

preview images for episode 117

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:14 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:preview images for episode 117

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Love how menacing 18 looks in that shot - wish though that they'd stop making the sharp eye type quite so slanted.

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:26 am

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Zirloin looks so cool in that group shot. It sucks that he's going to be fodder.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:48 am

Big Chief wrote:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Zirloin looks so cool in that group shot. It sucks that he's going to be fodder.
He will join a long list of wasted characters.

I will never understand why Toriyama decided to have so few prominent new characters in this arc.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:59 am

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Thanks for them.

The last few weeks have been very generic preview images, they keep away from major images and spoilers. I do the same thing if I were them, glad ALLOT to to see they did not spoil Brianne’s new look! ;)

Also Allot of extreme close-up shots, I feel like quoting Wayne’s World right Now! :lol:

“Extreme-Close-Up ~~~ WHHHAAAOOOOOOO! :lol:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:01 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Big Chief wrote:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

I will never understand why Toriyama decided to have so few prominent new characters in this arc.
few? We have Kale, Caulifla, their fusion, Jiren, Dyspo, Toppo, Ribrianne, more new gods than the rest of the series combined, the trio of danger and we haven't even seen the end of the arc, yet. The Saiyan Arc had 5 prominent new characters, I think (Gohan, Raditz, Vegeta, Nappa, King Kai), the Frieza Arc had 11 (5 Ginyu force members, Zarbon, Dodoria, Frieza, Dende, Guru, Nail), the Cell arc had 8 (5 Androids, Future Trunks, Cell, Mr. Satan, King Cold), the Buu Arc had ~3 distinct Buus, Babidi, Dabura, Shin, Kibito, Old Kai, Videl, Kid Goten, Kid Trunks and did I miss anybody? I could go over the Super Arcs, but two of them are derived from movies which obviously didn't have many new characters, and the other two didn't introduce many characters either. As far as I can see, the current arc is the arc with the highest number of prominent new characters ever.

I don't really see how you can introduce more characters and doing them justice or even develop the ones we have better, without severely cutting down the screen time of Goku. There are a few missed opportunities, of course. Instead of Goku vs. Kefla and Vegeta vs. Toppo, we could have Vegeta shielding a recovering Goku in that crater and Toppo vs. Kefla, to develop those two new characters.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:19 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This is the look of someone who is about to murder someone, get her EIGHTEEN! :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:24 am

Noah wrote:
This is the look of someone who is about to murder someone, get her EIGHTEEN! :D
Or, you know, someone who has to get up at 5 to catch the morning train.. Every. Goddam. Day
CJStriker_CBR wrote: “Extreme-Close-Up ~~~ WHHHAAAOOOOOOO! :lol:
I gotta ask, what are these meant to be?
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Now now, let's not be too hasty, let's wait until characters are wasted in both media them jump to conclusions
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:25 am

HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Olympian wrote:
Ugh if true.

The lack of creativity in giving different things to different characters is sort of disturbing. I know this happens in plenty other Shonen but none so obvious as Dragon Ball. C`mon, surprise me Toryama/Toei!
Even tho the info is fake. I agree. Vegeta should have something else.
Maybe Mastered Super Saiyan Blue from the manga.
But it really makes no sense to give Vegeta an inferior form, especially since he has been training for UI just like Goku, just to be 'different'.
Just to be clear, the person correlating "different" with "inferior" is you.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:31 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Noah wrote:
Or, you know, someone who has to get up at 5 to catch the morning train.. Every. Goddam. Day
CJStriker_CBR wrote: “Extreme-Close-Up ~~~ WHHHAAAOOOOOOO! :lol:
I gotta ask, what are these meant to be?
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Now now, let's not be too hasty, let's wait until characters are wasted in both media them jump to conclusions
It is a joke from the Wanynes World movie. ;)
My #1 in DB!

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:34 am

I honestly think #18 have been badly here as well ribrianne so i'm not gonna be hyped to see this one.
Ki Breaker wrote: Now now, let's not be too hasty, let's wait until characters are wasted in both media them jump to conclusions
These are the only character that matter [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]The bugs are also in spite of not being shown are also important,the rest is disposable,is likely the manga will probaly have some of the fodder off screen elimination futher proving my point none of these aside from the poster i've shown & U4 matters.
Mostly active on discord.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:41 am

darzap wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Big Chief wrote: Zirloin looks so cool in that group shot. It sucks that he's going to be fodder.

few? We have Kale, Caulifla, their fusion, Jiren, Dyspo, Toppo, Ribrianne, more new gods than the rest of the series combined, the trio of danger and we haven't even seen the end of the arc, yet. The Saiyan Arc had 5 prominent new characters, I think (Gohan, Raditz, Vegeta, Nappa, King Kai), the Frieza Arc had 11 (5 Ginyu force members, Zarbon, Dodoria, Frieza, Dende, Guru, Nail), the Cell arc had 8 (5 Androids, Future Trunks, Cell, Mr. Satan, King Cold), the Buu Arc had ~3 distinct Buus, Babidi, Dabura, Shin, Kibito, Old Kai, Videl, Kid Goten, Kid Trunks and did I miss anybody? I could go over the Super Arcs, but two of them are derived from movies which obviously didn't have many new characters, and the other two didn't introduce many characters either. As far as I can see, the current arc is the arc with the highest number of prominent new characters ever.

I don't really see how you can introduce more characters and doing them justice or even develop the ones we have better, without severely cutting down the screen time of Goku. There are a few missed opportunities, of course. Instead of Goku vs. Kefla and Vegeta vs. Toppo, we could have Vegeta shielding a recovering Goku in that crater and Toppo vs. Kefla, to develop those two new characters.
Gods, Kais and Angels don't count to me as they don't really do anything. Trio De Dangers only got more screen time because of Toei and not Toriyama. If you are listing a fusion then there is definitely a problem when there was 65 new fighters.

Reducing Goku's screen time is exactly what they need to do or they could make the tournament longer in terms of episodes or decrease the number of episodes focused on Universe 7 recruitment.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:43 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Thanks for them.

The last few weeks have been very generic preview images, they keep away from major images and spoilers. I do the same thing if I were them, glad ALLOT to to see they did not spoil Brianne’s new look! ;)

Also Allot of extreme close-up shots, I feel like quoting Wayne’s World right Now! :lol:

I'm curious about that, Toei spoiled us Kefla but they wont bother to spoil us Brianne new form. I hope most of the fanbase dont be surprised if Brianne ends up stronger than the Saiyan Girls.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:47 am

The gr wrote:I honestly think #18 have been badly here as well ribrianne so i'm not gonna be hyped to see this one.
Ki Breaker wrote: Now now, let's not be too hasty, let's wait until characters are wasted in both media them jump to conclusions
These are the only character that matter [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]The bugs are also in spite of not being shown are also important,the rest is disposable,is likely the manga will probaly have some of the fodder off screen elimination futher proving my point none of these aside from the poster i've shown & U4 matters.
I would rather wait and see, the manga has always delivered to my expectations..
Even if some of them fall off in the background there is no way the whole tournament can be shown with this handful of fighters, many will get to shine..
Either way it's fine, Gohan is in there one way or the other :mrgreen:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:56 am

perucho1990 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Thanks for them.

I'm curious about that, Toei spoiled us Kefla but they wont bother to spoil us Brianne new form. I hope most of the fanbase dont be surprised if Brianne ends up stronger than the Saiyan Girls.
Honestly fusion looks are never that unique looking and she was spoiled long ago, Kefla, in the opening, so not much to hide in looks IMO.

It will be interesting what she look is and honestly I am hoping for a traditional Approach precure/sailor moon look to homage the traditional Magical Girl looks.

Also I am hoping for a major power and skill level, she will need it to be at this level of the ToP.
My #1 in DB!

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:16 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
The gr wrote:I honestly think #18 have been badly here as well ribrianne so i'm not gonna be hyped to see this one.
I would rather wait and see, the manga has always delivered to my expectations..
Even if some of them fall off in the background there is no way the whole tournament can be shown with this handful of fighters, many will get to shine..
Either way it's fine, Gohan is in there one way or the other :mrgreen:
Yeah remember how well the Champa arc worked in the manga by treating every other character outside of Vegeta worse than the anime?
After all Toyotaro is so well known for treating other characters than Goku and Vegeta so well.
On the bright side Goku is treating Gohan in the manga how he should have always been treated.