"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:44 pm

So Jiren just knocked out Kale? He didn't even bother to eliminate her? Geez, that guy must really believe in himself :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Noah wrote:So Jiren just knocked out Kale? He didn't even bother to eliminate her? Geez, that guy must really believe in himself :lol:
First Hit with Narirama, then Frieza with Napapa and now Jiren with Kale...why are so many fighters being lackadasical about saving their universe?
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Only U9 and U7 are actually eliminating people

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:07 pm

OLKv3 wrote:Only U9 and U7 are actually eliminating people
I bet Kale is gonna eliminate 4 or 5 fighters in the next episode.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Noah wrote:So Jiren just knocked out Kale? He didn't even bother to eliminate her? Geez, that guy must really believe in himself :lol:
Who knows? Maybe Caulfila got to rescue her or Hit(if he was really near Jiren).

Tomorrow we are getting episode 101 spoiler pic right?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:30 pm

I wonder if Vegeta is getting all this early focus to signal an early knock out. It's especially notable that Piccolo and Gohan still aren't getting any real fights, like they're saving them for later. And we know 17 and 18 will team up together at some point.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:48 pm

It's been happening so far. Freeza and Napapa, Hit/Basil and Narirama. Idk why the Warriors are just knocking others out and not throwing off...but oh well haha.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:11 pm

precita wrote:I wonder if Vegeta is getting all this early focus to signal an early knock out. It's especially notable that Piccolo and Gohan still aren't getting any real fights, like they're saving them for later. And we know 17 and 18 will team up together at some point.
I doubt they would knock vegeta out that early

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:25 pm

precita wrote:I wonder if Vegeta is getting all this early focus to signal an early knock out. It's especially notable that Piccolo and Gohan still aren't getting any real fights, like they're saving them for later. And we know 17 and 18 will team up together at some point.
Vegeta's not going anywhere anytime soon, he still hasn't fought his intro rival.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:04 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Vegeta's not going anywhere anytime soon, he still hasn't fought his intro rival.
This

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:20 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
And that's probably because that's his last fight, as she'll be the character to knock him out.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:24 pm

precita wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
And that's probably because that's his last fight, as she'll be the character to knock him out.
He was literally fighting her in ssj he's fine anyways has anyone notice vegeta fought the most characters in on the team he's definitely going to lose hard

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:50 pm

Akyon wrote:
First Hit with Narirama, then Frieza with Napapa and now Jiren with Kale...why are so many fighters being lackadasical about saving their universe?
The fact that Jiren isn't being thorough with his KOs makes me wonder if this will be his undoing.

Heroes showed Goku and Frieza fighting Jiren. If Jiren just knocks out Frieza and doesn't ring him out, there's a good chance that if/when Goku wins, Frieza will knock him out so he can make a wish.
How i predict the tournament will end:

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:52 pm

precita wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Vegeta turns super saiyan and you automatically think this is his last fight..?

Vegeta has been fighting small fries this entire time. Just because he's been shown fighting a lot doesn't mean he's about to lose. Krillin was a completely different story.
How i predict the tournament will end:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:49 pm

It's more likely than people using a spinoff like Heroes claiming that represents the final fighters of the tournament.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:57 pm

precita wrote:It's more likely than people using a spinoff like Heroes claiming that represents the final fighters of the tournament.
You act like that's a bad prediction when Heroes has predicted plots points and characters beforehand.

Also, anyone else think it's possible that maybe Jiren is a villain turned hero and this tournament is bringing out his villainous urges? "Turns out reforming is a bitch, MUAHAHAHHAAHHAHA!"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:11 pm

Is there a face here in the background? Are they teasing someone or something?

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:14 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:Is there a face here in the background? Are they teasing someone or something?

I think it's just the smoke effect of the image. The bottom part slightly looks like writing to me, but then again I could be very wrong haha.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:22 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:Is there a face here in the background? Are they teasing someone or something?

I think it's just the smoke effect of the image. The bottom part slightly looks like writing to me, but then again I could be very wrong haha.
Well that clearly looks like a body AND a face.. so, who knows?

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:34 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
DainIronfoot wrote:

Well that clearly looks like a body AND a face.. so, who knows?
You know you're info hungry when...