"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:19 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
It should be one thread as everything will probably get messed up otherwise.
But what will it be named?
The "super special"
Or "super episode 109&110"
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:29 am

Kinokima wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

Episode 109-110 are the Goku and Jiren special episodes
Episode 111- is titled Hit Vs Jiren
Episode 112- titled Vegeta's resolve (written by Toshio)
Episode 113- titled Fighting Maniac Saiyan Battle- Well this could be any Saiyans although Fighting Maniac does make me think of Kale

Unless I am mistaken the only thing we know about 115 is that it is another episode written by Toshio.
These episode titles are exactly why the Namekians might not even appear until the rest of team Universe 6 has been knocked out the ring. Episode 111 just seems like the end of Hit and Toshio did say it is going to be a violent battle.

The Namekians of Universe 6 do seem like a mystery so maybe they are saving them up for something special. I don't think Hit will be gone soon but I could be wrong. I mean I don't think Goku will be done after his battle with Jiren so its possible that Hit won't be eliminated just yet either. Although if too many characters go against Jiren who is supposedly super strong and they aren't eliminated that might not be the best choice either.

As for the Saiyans of U6 I am not sure. Cabba (as much as I hate to admit this since he's a favorite of mine) seems the most likely to be eliminated from U6 next. At only SSJ his base level is too low to really stay on much longer in my opinion. Caulifla at SSJ2 may last a bit longer but I also think her time will be up soon. Kale is definitely the most powerful of the U6 Saiyans but there are definitely a bunch of characters in the tournament who can beat her even if it isn't an easy fight. Actually it would be interesting to me if Caulifa goes before Kale since Kale emotionally relies so much of Caulifla.
These episodes all involve 'big' characters and some have to fall surely. If they don't then we will get a bunch or rematches which would not look that good.

I know we shouldn't look into the episode 112 title that much but the title sounds like Vegeta is doing something important and with the previous one being Hit vs Jiren, it could be Vegeta vs Jiren and Hit had lost to Jiren.

Caulifla and Kale probably have 1 big episode episode and Califla going out first makes sense so Kape can have one last rage boost before also losing.
Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
It should be one thread as everything will probably get messed up otherwise.
But what will it be named?
The "super special"
Or "super episode 109&110"
Super episode 109 and 110.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:49 am

Chuquita wrote:Not that I want one as unintentionally comical as the one comparing the Luffy and Sanji fight to De Vinci's The Last Supper and Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, but One Piece did at least get their ads out at a good pace.
Goku vs Jiren is like *Insert Religious conflict here*
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:51 am

The special will air on CrunchyRoll right? Its just two episodes and it wouldn't make sense to not be included.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:57 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:The special will air on CrunchyRoll right? Its just two episodes and it wouldn't make sense to not be included.
Of course it will

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:05 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:The special will air on CrunchyRoll right? Its just two episodes and it wouldn't make sense to not be included.
Yes https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/statu ... 8005407745

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:13 pm

Hitto going out in 111 is fairly likely unless that fight gets interrupted. We don't even know what 112 is really about outside of Vegeta playing a role. I do think we could possibly see some big named characters drop soon. Though while I don't think Goku will drop after 110, Hitto could possibly drop in 111.

I also wouldn't mind if Kale outlasted Caulifla.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:46 pm

I feel like the "terrible thing" will be Jiren completely no-selling the Spirit Bomb. No major antagonist in DB has done that yet. Even Frieza was hurt by it, so Jiren withstanding the blast unscathed or just bapping it away would be quite the surprise.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:56 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I feel like the "terrible thing" will be Jiren completely no-selling the Spirit Bomb. No major antagonist in DB has done that yet. Even Frieza was hurt by it, so Jiren withstanding the blast unscathed or just bapping it away would be quite the surprise.
It's possible. I personally think it'll be Goku's form itself that is the terrible thing. As for Jiren, he's the first in canon to be targeted by the Genki Dama and not begin to shit his pants. Not sure if he'll just tank it or swat it away or something.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:06 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Not that I want one as unintentionally comical as the one comparing the Luffy and Sanji fight to De Vinci's The Last Supper and Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, but One Piece did at least get their ads out at a good pace.
Goku vs Jiren is like *Insert Religious conflict here*
That one biblical battle where two armies were fighting each other and the one side would only be winning while this one guy on the hill had his arms up in the air genki-dama style, but when he put his arms down to rest they would be losing, and then at some point maybe there were two other guys holding his arms up in the air for him? I don't even know if there's any renaissance paintings of that for Toei to even pull from.

We know so little about Jiren it makes thinking up a commercial even more difficult to predict. I wish they'd actually given the audience his backstory before the tournament proper began.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:27 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I feel like the "terrible thing" will be Jiren completely no-selling the Spirit Bomb. No major antagonist in DB has done that yet. Even Frieza was hurt by it, so Jiren withstanding the blast unscathed or just bapping it away would be quite the surprise.
The 'terrible event' was also called shocking. Jiren no selling the Spirit Bomb doesn't really fit, imo.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:32 pm

The only possible thing I could think of as shocking & terrible is Goku actually being knocked out even with his new transformation. As I can't in a million years see that happening I doubt I will actually be shocked.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:40 pm

Kinokima wrote:The only possible thing I could think of as shocking & terrible is Goku actually being knocked out even with his new transformation. As I can't in a million years see that happening I doubt I will actually be shocked.
The wording makes it seem connected to the form and the whole, 'work of the gods end here'. Don't seem to be Goku being rung out.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:42 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kinokima wrote:The only possible thing I could think of as shocking & terrible is Goku actually being knocked out even with his new transformation. As I can't in a million years see that happening I doubt I will actually be shocked.
The wording makes it seem connected to the form and the whole, 'work of the gods end here'. Don't seem to be Goku being rung out.
Oh yeah I am not expecting him to be rung out this early. Just saying that is the only thing that could actually shock me.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:47 pm

Kinokima wrote:
Of course it will
I figured it would, but "specials" arent usually uploaded. Considering this is just regular episodes I thought it had to be...just making sure.

Also thanks DHM for the link.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:47 pm

I can't wait to see SSBKKx20 in action if only the manga has something this cool but I'm sure it will have it's cool moments... also DBH shown what SSBKKx20 would look like he has lavender hair. :clap:
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Maybe it's a transformation that Gokû can't control himself in? Like when he fought Freeza how he briefly warned Gohan about ssj1 the first time he achieved it? What word did they use for terrible in the advertisement?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:43 pm

They said the event will be the most terrible ever int the whole serie. This means it will be more terrible than Piccolo dying against Nappa after Yamcha, Tenshinan and Chaotzu which, at the time, meant those were gone forever. It will be more terrible than Freeza killing Krillin, who also had no hope of ever being resurrected at that moment. I honestly don't think that this event will be Jiren no-selling the Genkidama. That wouldn't be "terrible".
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:49 pm

Sonicjamareiz wrote:I can't wait to see SSBKKx20 in action if only the manga has something this cool but I'm sure it will have it's cool moments... also DBH shown what SSBKKx20 would look like he has lavender hair. :clap:
Does he? Only thing different I noticed was the crackling purple lightning.
emperior wrote:They said the event will be the most terrible ever int the whole serie. This means it will be more terrible than Piccolo dying against Nappa after Yamcha, Tenshinan and Chaotzu which, at the time, meant those were gone forever. It will be more terrible than Freeza killing Krillin, who also had no hope of ever being resurrected at that moment. I honestly don't think that this event will be Jiren no-selling the Genkidama. That wouldn't be "terrible".
Don't forget Herms's clarification on the word:
To avoid another Shikkaku Debacle (TM), here's a rundown of all the things とんでもない (translated as "terrible" above) can mean. So it can mean "unexpected", as it's been translated elsewhere, but it typically still implies the thing in question is bad and/or extreme. With that in mind, translating it as "one hell of a thing is going to happen" might strike the right mix of vagueness and impressiveness. But it's never "unexpected" in the sense of "oh, I didn't expect bananas to be on sale today.", is what I'm getting at.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:39 pm

I expect Piccolo fighting the U6 Namekians in the TV Special, and then they get eliminated by Jiren.