"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:09 pm

I think Hakaishin Toppo is close to what Jiren showed yet... Right now I think only Vegetto plot can make U7 wins this tournament, Toppo and Jiren are just too powerful
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:12 pm

Black Hawk wrote:
mecha3000 wrote:Honestly, I've kind of fallen out of Super lately - especially since I know it's ending. Many of these episodes just seem like filler to me until the grand finale so I'll just wait to watch all of them until Super's done or dubbed. As dub fan in addition to sub fan, I think I'm turning most of my attention to the dub until we get to the last Jiren battle and the last episode stuff. Pointless reply over.
I'm inclined to agree; I already found Top uninteresting, and his transformation into Broli made him even less interesting to me. The only thing I'm particularly looking forward to at this point is Gokū's final battle with Jiren.
How did he become Broly?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:15 pm

Kanassa wrote:How did he become Broly?
I usually see people thinking that Broly is the only character in the franchise allowed to be brutal and that's just silly.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:18 pm

Same physique, similar nigh-imperviousness, similar attacks, insanely more powerful than his opponents, etc. He just feels like even more of a copy of Broli than Kale to me; the only difference to me is their demeanor, Broli being uncontrollably unstable whereas Top is eerily in-control. Episode 125 felt like a not-as-good throwback to Movie 08 to me, which disappoints me...
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:20 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Black Hawk wrote:
mecha3000 wrote:Honestly, I've kind of fallen out of Super lately - especially since I know it's ending. Many of these episodes just seem like filler to me until the grand finale so I'll just wait to watch all of them until Super's done or dubbed. As dub fan in addition to sub fan, I think I'm turning most of my attention to the dub until we get to the last Jiren battle and the last episode stuff. Pointless reply over.
I'm inclined to agree; I already found Top uninteresting, and his transformation into Broli made him even less interesting to me. The only thing I'm particularly looking forward to at this point is Gokū's final battle with Jiren.
How did he become Broly?
The expected answer: Hulking beast that's seemingly an unstoppable force to our protagonists and assumes a brutal wrestling style of fighting.

That is, of course, assuming that Broli is the first character to EVER set this precedent.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:32 pm

Black Hawk wrote:
Same physique, similar nigh-imperviousness, similar attacks, insanely more powerful than his opponents, etc. He just feels like even more of a copy of Broli than Kale to me; the only difference to me is their demeanor, Broli being uncontrollably unstable whereas Top is eerily in-control. Episode 125 felt like a not-as-good throwback to Movie 08 to me, which disappoints me...
Not really seeing it, some of these are untrue while others are far too general to be considered Broly. There is no throwback to Movie 8, they do not have the same physique, resilience/defense against attacks is not a Broly thing. And seriously? Being more powerful than his opponent is copying Broly? How?! Are most shonen villains in history ripping off Broly because they usually start off more powerful than the Hero?

Kale took obvious inspirations from Broly with her appearance, her demenour, her lines while in her berserk state and even outright ripping scenes from that movie.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:33 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:The expected answer: Hulking beast that's seemingly an unstoppable force to our protagonists and assumes a brutal wrestling style of fighting.

That is, of course, assuming that Broli is the first character to EVER set this precedent.
Kanassa wrote: Not really seeing it, some of these are untrue while others are far too general to be considered Broly. There is no throwback to Movie 8, they do not have the same physique, resilience/defense against attacks is not a Broly thing. And seriously? Being more powerful than his opponent is copying Broly? How?! Are most shonen villains in history ripping off Broly because they usually start off more powerful than the Hero?
It isn't so much that my problem is Top fighting or acting like Broli; it's more a matter of Dragon Ball Super introducing a new concept in a way that felt ineffective to me. When it was said that Top would become a destroyer deity, I was expecting he'd demonstrate things Beerus has done before, such as defeating opponents with flicks or catching their attacks with a finger or two (similar to Beerus' use of chopsticks), traits that have become associated with the most popular destroyer deity; instead, he did things Broli was particularly known for.

Edit: Broli probably isn't the best word to use for how I feel about Top; I used Broli since he's the most popular movie villain, but that failed to convey my point. What I should have said is that destroyer deity Top feels like a generic DBZ movie villain to me instead of like a destroyer deity.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:37 pm

Black Hawk wrote: It isn't so much that my problem is Top fighting or acting like Broli
He isn't.

Kanassa wrote:

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:38 pm

Kanassa wrote:He isn't.
Hence that not being my issue. I apologize; I didn't convey my point very well.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:54 pm

Totamo wrote:
Scsigs wrote:
Noah wrote:
You mean Beerus? Yea, then I somewhat agree with that.
Beerus is great, but I'm very certain that there are a lot of people who haven't read the Jaco manga, or would like to see it adapted into an anime. As a prequel arc, it'd be great to see.
This guy.....this guy knows whats up.
I've been told.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:22 am

at this point .. only a run out of gas of Toppo and Jiren (no way )can chance the fate of this tournament, may be u11 will wish the rest of the universes back because Jirens lineage is originally from one of the universes erased back in the days
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:23 am

Noah wrote:I think Hakaishin Toppo is close to what Jiren showed yet... Right now I think only Vegetto plot can make U7 wins this tournament, Toppo and Jiren are just too powerful
I see what you did there :lol: UI Goku and whatever-name-Vegeta's-form-is had best get to a new level quick, fast and in a hurry O_o

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:07 am

Alright, I can safely predict the ending now..
The rule stating even an unconcious warrior still counts is gonna play a major factor here..

Freeza is lying on the edge, unconscious, and out of everybody's sights, nobody is gonna remember he is there..
17 is taken out, Vegeta rings out Toppo while he gets hakaied by him, Goku rings out Jiren with himself, we are made to think because no one is on the stage both Universes are getting erased but wait! Freeza was still there all along just like hit..
Universe 11 is erased, Freeza gets Universe 7 the win..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:45 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Alright, I can safely predict the ending now..
The rule stating even an unconcious warrior still counts is gonna play a major factor here..

Freeza is lying on the edge, unconscious, and out of everybody's sights, nobody is gonna remember he is there..
17 is taken out, Vegeta rings out Toppo while he gets hakaied by him, Goku rings out Jiren with himself, we are made to think because no one is on the stage both Universes are getting erased but wait! Freeza was still there all along just like hit..
The Jump preview for 126 says that 17 and Freeza are still both fighting Toppo in the episode, of course the Jump previews have been wrong before.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:50 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Freeza gets Universe 7 the win..
And possibly wished back to life.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:11 am

So,this episode shows my major beef with anime.Remember,how the clown was worried when he has two god level opponents?And take a look at freeza remember all the praise for cool and know your place freeza?Well,they took a royal piss on it.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:40 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Alright, I can safely predict the ending now..

The Jump preview for 126 says that 17 and Freeza are still both fighting Toppo in the episode, of course the Jump previews have been wrong before.
The preview also says that toppo fells them both, so there’s that.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:40 am

Hawk9211 wrote:So,this episode shows my major beef with anime.Remember,how the clown was worried when he has two god level opponents?And take a look at freeza remember all the praise for cool and know your place freeza?Well,they took a royal piss on it.

Well in Toppo's case, Vermoud didn't think Toppo would release his Hakaishin power. Justice was keeping Toppo digressed until Frieza's shenanigans overtook him. The only reason Toppo tapped into the power was because he finally made up his mind as stated in the episode (Even Jiren mentioned it. It seems Toppo had been battling his mind on whether he should accept the role of a G.O.D or continue his justice preach, and we finally see what he chose). Otherwise, Toppo probably would never have tapped into it. Frieza was the key factor here.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:45 am

pacz360 wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Man Freeza gonna wished gohan didn't sacrifice himself :lol:
I Enjoyed Watching Freeza Getting "Don't Tazz Me Bro" from Toppo. :lol:

He Got a Taste of Justice after what he did to Jimeze.
Dyspo last week was a preview for what's to come for Freeza :lol:
On the Money right their Pacz360, he got Cocky with Dyspo and getting Kicked around underestimating him and now he GREATLY Underestimated GoD Toppo and got Completely Totally with only the rule of Not Killing Saving his behind from being erased! :lol:

Out of all the characters in the ToP to be Glad the most Killing is not an OK Rule, who ever Thought Frieza would be Right now the Most Grateful for it! :wink: :lol:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:13 am

DainIronfoot wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:So,this episode shows my major beef with anime.Remember,how the clown was worried when he has two god level opponents?And take a look at freeza remember all the praise for cool and know your place freeza?Well,they took a royal piss on it.

Well in Toppo's case, Vermoud didn't think Toppo would release his Hakaishin power. Justice was keeping Toppo digressed until Frieza's shenanigans overtook him. The only reason Toppo tapped into the power was because he finally made up his mind as stated in the episode (Even Jiren mentioned it. It seems Toppo had been battling his mind on whether he should accept the role of a G.O.D or continue his justice preach, and we finally see what he chose). Otherwise, Toppo probably would never have tapped into it. Frieza was the key factor here.
If you say so,toppp would not make his mind when his universe is going to be erased?and what about jiren?
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball