"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheMathemagician » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:53 pm

Chuquita wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Since King Ryû is writing next week's, I'm going to try to hold on. I'd been anxious for their return for a while. I'll try and be patient.

I don't expect a villain, I just hope if there is an arc after this one that we'll get one then.

I really think if Vegeta doesn't come back this arc that he's done. And that just leaves me saddened. At least I've still got TFS!Vegeta.
What do you mean come back? He's just been pushed into the backseat as far as Goku's rivals go for the time being what with Hit being a prominent threat to Goku atm. He'll most likely be put in the backseat further with Jiren here too. Though after this saga, he's likely to come back in full force. I myself like the Goku-Vegeta interactions, but I don't really mind taking a break from it as I do enjoy seeing Goku interact with other people just as much.
Back into the story I mean. Vegeta feels very side-character right now; like I'm not even sure how much he'll be utilized in this tournament.

If I had some definitive proof that Vegeta being backseated is temporary and not permanent I'd probably feel a lot better about things regarding this arc; but at this point I have no way to prove either or. It's one of those I won't know until the arc is over whenever that'll be. :(
Vegeta not being center stage for some time doesn't really make him a side-character. I mean by that logic he'd be a side character in the Boo Saga, but we know that isn't true considering he wasn't around for some time after dying. I can understand that, but at the same time, there isn't really any evidence he's being "retired" for good either.
Boo Machine wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote: What do you mean come back? He's just been pushed into the backseat as far as Goku's rivals go for the time being what with Hit being a prominent threat to Goku atm. He'll most likely be put in the backseat further with Jiren here too. Though after this saga, he's likely to come back in full force. I myself like the Goku-Vegeta interactions, but I don't really mind taking a break from it as I do enjoy seeing Goku interact with other people just as much.
Back into the story I mean. Vegeta feels very side-character right now; like I'm not even sure how much he'll be utilized in this tournament.

If I had some definitive proof that Vegeta being backseated is temporary and not permanent I'd probably feel a lot better about things regarding this arc; but at this point I have no way to prove either or. It's one of those I won't know until the arc is over whenever that'll be. :(
I think the entirety of super is proof enough that they wouldn't sideline him forever. He has almost the same power as Goku and He has been in the center of most events in every single arc the exception being this one exhibition match.

Granted I don't know the future of the arc either and I could be dead wrong, but I'm unsure why him not being in the center of a few episodes means he is being back seated. It just seems like an awfully big jump to make.
Well in the manga at least (I like that they're closer in the manga as well).
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

DbzRab

Post by DbzRab » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:13 am

https://twitter.com/herms98/status/846634271087353856 never posted a link before on here. Not sure if I've done it right/allowed this way.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:24 am

DbzRab wrote:https://twitter.com/herms98/status/846634271087353856 never posted a link before on here. Not sure if I've done it right/allowed this way.
That is good enough for here.

If Krillin is getting power up and so is Buu, then the rest are as well.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:26 am

DbzRab wrote:https://twitter.com/herms98/status/846634271087353856 never posted a link before on here. Not sure if I've done it right/allowed this way.
Lol 18. Buu slimming down I need to see! Glad they're taking their time!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:28 am

Slimmed down buu..
I hope it's super buu, buu trained non stop, that might raise him to real extreme levels given his nature..
Krillin got a new technique, gohan is getting his ultimate back...
I wonder if we get one episode per person ( or two ) showing their growth and Powerups, everyone gets a powerup!
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:36 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Slimmed down buu..
I hope it's super buu, buu trained non stop, that might raise him to real extreme levels given his nature..
Krillin got a new technique, gohan is getting his ultimate back...
I wonder if we get one episode per person ( or two ) showing their growth and Powerups, everyone gets a powerup!
This means Buu slimmed down in a couple of hours.

It definitely looks like they are getting an episode each and I want to see Piccolo, Tien and Roshi now.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:41 am

The one that caught my attention the most was.... Boo... slimmed.down? this I gotta see :lol: dont know if it'll be a huge change since the OP still has him fat but we'll see.
Goku tho, you lying motherfcker, why couldnt you just tell her that their entire universes existence is on the line?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:42 am

SansrivaaL wrote:The one that caught my attention the most was.... Boo... slimmed.down? this I gotta see :lol: dont know if it'll be a huge change since the OP still has him fat but we'll see.
Goku tho, you lying motherfcker, why couldnt you just tell her that their entire universes existence is on the line?
The opening could be an illusion or Buu can go from fat to skinny easily.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:42 am

If the difference in Buu is actually significant and not just Fat Buu squeezed to have a thinner frame I'm guessing he'll look like Super Buu, but wearing Fat Buu's outfit and with Fat Buu's face.
SansrivaaL wrote:The one that caught my attention the most was.... Boo... slimmed.down? this I gotta see :lol: dont know if it'll be a huge change since the OP still has him fat but we'll see.
They agreed not to tell anyone about the stakes of the tournament to not cause a panic, remember? The fact that they are keeping the stakes a secret from the other fighters makes me even more interested in seeing the inevitable confrontation when the others find out. Vegeta is gonna be super pissed I bet.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:43 am

He aint telling anyone that, for some odd reason..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Nad45

Post by Nad45 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:45 am

Buu slimmed down just in few of hours?
I think he trained in the Rosat, Goku meets him while going to Dende's place
Last edited by Nad45 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:46 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
I expect Roshi and Piccolo to find out.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:53 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
It's not an odd reason they all agreed before leaving that they would keep the destruction thing on the hush as not to induce panic.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:05 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
It's not an odd reason they all agreed before leaving that they would keep the destruction thing on the hush as not to induce panic.
Not telling the fighters this big of an information is a odd thing, no matter how much of a panic it could cause..
They were fine when they basically had a person come from future and tell them they are all gonna die, they tried extra hard to win..

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:13 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: He aint telling anyone that, for some odd reason..
Not telling the fighters this big of an information is a odd thing, no matter how much of a panic it could cause..
They were fine when they basically had a person come from future and tell them they are all gonna die, they tried extra hard to win..
Getting people to panic is never a good thing, especially when this tournament is less than 2 days away, people would be way too worried to concentrate on training, keeping it all hush negates that.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:15 am

It wouldnt cause that much of a panic since they're used to stuffs like that, this aint the first time their lives were on the line when it comes to fighting, half of the team was even an antagonist at some point, Piccolo,Vegeta,18,17,Boo.
I dont want them to pull this one as a gag that they find out what the stakes were after the tournament.
I mean did Gohan panic when he found out? certainly not, he was surprised at first but thats it. Boo didnt give a fck at all while even fcking Satan is chill about it now. I really dont see why they're still trying to keep this a secret when the fact of telling them would have them realize whats at stake here and take this seriously, instead of bribing 18 with money, Vegeta with hastening his daughters birth and so on, God knows what they'll bribe 17 with.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:21 am

Beerus agreed with Gohan that they should keep it a secret and Goku probably also doesn't want to be bitched out by everyone like he was with Beerus. Is it odd that they aren't telling anyone? Sure, but I don't think it's a big deal and the explanation is good enough and I wouldn't be surprised if this is leading into a big confrontation scene.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:24 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: It's not an odd reason they all agreed before leaving that they would keep the destruction thing on the hush as not to induce panic.
Getting people to panic is never a good thing, especially when this tournament is less than 2 days away, people would be way too worried to concentrate on training, keeping it all hush negates that.
Would they panic though?
Plenty situations where they could be gone for good were there before

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:45 am

So instead of Fat Buu, he'll be Fit Buu? How responsibuul of him. :lol: I'm surprised to see Buu taking this so seriously.

Also, come ON Goku, what the hell is wrong with you?
ArchedThunder wrote:Beerus agreed with Gohan that they should keep it a secret and Goku probably also doesn't want to be bitched out by everyone like he was with Beerus. Is it odd that they aren't telling anyone? Sure, but I don't think it's a big deal and the explanation is good enough and I wouldn't be surprised if this is leading into a big confrontation scene.
If Goku doesn't want to be bitched out, not telling his friends is the wrong thing to do because they are sure as hell going to be furious when they find out, and it's not going to take long with the rest of creation out for his head. I'm starting to think this is why nobody's talked to him for 5 years in the End of Z. He pissed them all off too much here. :lol:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:04 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Not telling the fighters this big of an information is a odd thing, no matter how much of a panic it could cause..
Would they panic though?
Plenty situations where they could be gone for good were there before
It's what Beerus and co want, if there anything to be learned from this then it's to a) listen to the gods and b) for the gods to step it up.
Beerus doesn't want it spreading and causing panic, not much Goku can do except abide by it.