"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:53 am

TheOne wrote:Super happens after the Buu saga, so I’m not sure what you’re getting at.
Universe Survival saga takes place six years after Buu saga, to be precise.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:54 am

TheOne wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Trunks would’ve either shut them down, or Cell would’ve absorbed them. If that didn’t work, Dabura/Buu would’ve gotten the last laugh.
That would all happen further into the future though. This point in the future timeline was the year Gohan was killed, so 17 and 18 would be fine.
How? Buu just appeared not too long ago. Super happens after the Buu saga, so I’m not sure what you’re getting at.
Except that this tournament happens 6 years after the Boo arc.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:54 am

Still no news/announcement about Super, right?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:56 am

Noah wrote:Still no news/announcement about Super, right?
Yeah not until 9 pm.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:10 am

YonedgeHP wrote:
TheOne wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: That would all happen further into the future though. This point in the future timeline was the year Gohan was killed, so 17 and 18 would be fine.
How? Buu just appeared not too long ago. Super happens after the Buu saga, so I’m not sure what you’re getting at.
Except that this tournament happens 6 years after the Boo arc.
Why is there a need to specify when the universal arc takes place? The point they’re trying to make is that the androids would still be around in Trunks timeline. And I’m explaining to him/her that they would’ve been long gone. You’re not really saying anything to prove one side of the argument over the other. Just throwing out random facts.
How i predict the tournament will end:

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:11 am

Grimlock wrote:
TheOne wrote:Super happens after the Buu saga, so I’m not sure what you’re getting at.
Universe Survival saga takes place six years after Buu saga, to be precise.
Thanks, But I’d rather you contribute to one of sides of the debate lol
How i predict the tournament will end:

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:11 am

If I'm not mistaken DBS doesn't even have a panel at jump fest so where would this "huge" announcement even be made?

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:18 am

BlueVegerot wrote:If I'm not mistaken DBS doesn't even have a panel at jump fest so where would this "huge" announcement even be made?

It *could* be squeezed in at the end of a DB game related panel, something extremely short and vague as I don't see much sense in revealing the next arc if this one has yet to reach it's climax.

Don't think we'll be getting anything huge though, as such announcements tend to have their own announcements, and I can't remember there being one for Super.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:33 am

Michsi wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:If I'm not mistaken DBS doesn't even have a panel at jump fest so where would this "huge" announcement even be made?

It *could* be squeezed in at the end of a DB game related panel, something extremely short and vague as I don't see much sense in revealing the next arc if this one has yet to reach it's climax.

Don't think we'll be getting anything huge though, as such announcements tend to have their own announcements, and I can't remember there being one for Super.

yeah i think people are reading too much into "universal level announcement". i think thats just hype, its not like they are gonna say expect an "ant level announcement"

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:35 am

TheOne wrote:If you’re trying to compare it with future Trunks, you can’t. The events already took place at a certain time here. There’s no reason to believe that Trunks arrival time would’ve delayed babidi and Daburas arrival.
Uhh, what? You said that everyone would be dead if Trunks didn't change everything. But if Trunks doesn't change everything, his timeline/Cell's original timeline is what happens. This one wouldn't even exist.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:38 am

BlueVegerot wrote:
Michsi wrote:

yeah i think people are reading too much into "universal level announcement". i think thats just hype, its not like they are gonna say expect an "ant level announcement"
Wait, wasn't that revealed to be false? As in the "universal level announcement" didn't have a proper source. Cause that would count as an announcement of an announcement. Or it wasn't meant for the anime, but the games.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:44 am

I expect the announcement to be a new DBS movie set for next year, no way they will announce the new arc unless they want to spoil it.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:48 am

I would have preferred if the announcement is on the movie rather than the new saga.
Mostly active on discord.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:55 am

Universal level announcement could be Goku and co travel to another Universe to defeat a villain, a simple plot for a DBS movie..

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:55 am

Did this movie rumor start because of the domain that was registered by someone not named Toei?

I feel like this is the equivalent of people convicing themselves UI offensive vegeta has been foreshadowed and when he doesn't get it they are gonna get super mad

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:01 am

BlueVegerot wrote:Did this movie rumor start because of the domain that was registered by someone not named Toei?

I feel like this is the equivalent of people convicing themselves UI offensive vegeta has been foreshadowed and when he doesn't get it they are gonna get super mad
Pretty much, though I don't remember if it was ever confirmed it was Toei that bought them. Not to mention it included two or three years and I don't think we're getting a movie a year kind of deal.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:23 am

Michsi wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:Did this movie rumor start because of the domain that was registered by someone not named Toei?

Pretty much, though I don't remember if it was ever confirmed it was Toei that bought them. Not to mention it included two or three years and I don't think we're getting a movie a year kind of deal.

I remember yonkouproductions and some others saying it wasn't registered under toei unlike the previous two movies. probably some guy who registered the domains just in case toei decided to make a movie in the next couple of years

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:24 am

Nah, I've grow tired of movies, I guess an OVA or a TV Special explaning stuff from Super or Z would be welcome.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:37 am

Hopefully whatever they announce won't be a retelling of one of Super's arcs. I guess I wouldn't mind as we'd get better production value but I'd rather it be something completely new (arc, movie, special, OVA).
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:50 am

sintzu wrote:Hopefully whatever they announce won't be a retelling of one of Super's arcs. I guess I wouldn't mind as we'd get better production value but I'd rather it be something completely new (arc, movie, special, OVA).
Yeah; my thoughts exactly. Enough with the retellings.