"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:21 pm

Overlord78 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Overlord78 wrote: And yet that transformation (SSJ4) is the most creative saiyan transformation in the series compared to hair changes and recolours.

Yes I absolutely hate the god forms as do many other people. What's there to like about a recoloured version of SSJ? Judging by your avatar you probably like it so you'll come up with a load of bullshit excuses on why SSB is a great and creative form.
Creative? An extravagant and bizarre transformation that completely changes the concept of Super Saiyan? Do all Saiyan transformations have to completely change the appearance?

SSJ, SSJ2 and SSJ3, all of them were transformations that had no significant change. You only get stuck hair or lightning, but why do you all like it? Hypocrisy
Better that than some recolour trash that could be easily found on deviantart. How does it change the concepts of Super Saiyan when it links back to the Oozaru form which has been completely forgotten about in Super. You're just trying to justify Super Saiyan Blue's existence at this point.

Comparing it to the original Super Saiyan forms doesn't help your argument at all. Those forms apart from SSJ3 had a build-up compared to SSB that came out of nowhere and still has yet to be explained. We like them because they are cool and the forms felt like they were worked towards so the payoff was great, not like these god transformations which have been quickly undermined.
This is Toriyama's style.

Simple transformations with few changes. You are badly accustomed to, with a transformation that was not even created by him and he totally escapes the SSJ standards.

Oozaru was completely forgotten after the Saiyajin Saga. Neither tail Goku and Vegeta have.
The Saiyans of the Universe 6 also do not have, indicating that it is a type of evolution.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:23 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Well... who knew canon green hair SSJ would be that strong :lol:
Super is not canon, mate.

But funny how Vegeta was close to say she was the Legendary Super Saiyan, but instead they opted for him to say "True form of the Saiyans" how amusing.
Doctor. wrote:They literally just wasted the Yardrat for a poor gag.

Holy fuck, why did they even bother?

Kale remains the worst character this franchise has ever seen. When I thought they couldn't top Monaka.
I feel the same pain you do, in the end Kale's purpose in this series is just: "You know we can't give you guys Broly cause that would make things confusing, but instead had his feminine version and enjoy her acting exactly like him but with even less personality"

By the way, I don't think Monaka is that worse.
Bullza wrote:And I don't know why keep making Super Saiyan Blue look so pitiful now. That form went to shit after the Future Trunks saga.
This form was sh*t since it's introduction: being Golden Freeza's punchbag.
Lord Frieza wrote:Also this episode pretty much confirms Kale would slaughter Broly.
No, it just confirms that Broly was always God level, but just like Goku he enjoys holding back for no reason and get screwed to it :)
Last edited by Noah on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:23 pm

Hey guys! The fact that they are already fighting the Pride Troopers next episode — the TOP universe of the ones that participate in this tournament, MEANS that this tournament is already well underway!!!

It won't be long anymore until all fodder are wiped out and we get to enjoy some REAL fights! Involving the likes of Goku, Vegeta, Ultimate Gohan, Golden Freeza, Hit and Jiren! I can't wait!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:25 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Overlord78 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Creative? An extravagant and bizarre transformation that completely changes the concept of Super Saiyan? Do all Saiyan transformations have to completely change the appearance?

SSJ, SSJ2 and SSJ3, all of them were transformations that had no significant change. You only get stuck hair or lightning, but why do you all like it? Hypocrisy
Better that than some recolour trash that could be easily found on deviantart. How does it change the concepts of Super Saiyan when it links back to the Oozaru form which has been completely forgotten about in Super. You're just trying to justify Super Saiyan Blue's existence at this point.

Comparing it to the original Super Saiyan forms doesn't help your argument at all. Those forms apart from SSJ3 had a build-up compared to SSB that came out of nowhere and still has yet to be explained. We like them because they are cool and the forms felt like they were worked towards so the payoff was great, not like these god transformations which have been quickly undermined.

Simple transformations with few changes. You are badly accustomed to, with a transformation that was not even created by him and he totally escapes the SSJ standards.

Oozaru was completely forgotten after the Saiyajin Saga. Neither tail Goku and Vegeta have.
The Saiyans of the Universe 6 also do not have, indicating that it is a type of evolution.
I don't really think that's fair considering Super Saiyan went against the Saiyan transformation standard first with Oozaru. But really there aren't rules to these forms. I suppose it's because SSJ4 is labelled a Super Saiyan form it bugs some for being really different, but even the GT Perfect Files say it's called SSJ4 merely out of convenience, and suggests it's something else entirely.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Overlord78
Beyond Newbie

Post by Overlord78 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:27 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Overlord78 wrote:
Yomi wrote:
You are here discussing about episode 100
34 Hours of content; you're eating it up too. :|
As this point I'm just watching it to see how bad it gets and get a couple of laughs out of it.
Not to be rude but your Saturdays must be pretty boring if your subjecting yourself to a show you hate.

I've dropped shows for far less then you accuse Super of and never looked back,and these were long running works that I initially felt were quite good. I dont care how much of a dragon ball anyone is, I've followed the franchise my entire life and if I felt the same way about Super as you do, I just watch something else.

Why feed off poison when you can get honey?
Don't see how my Saturdays would be boring considering it takes only around 20 minutes to watch each episode which isn't that long. I've grown up watching Dragon Ball and have read the manga so I obviously want to see where the characters end up for better or worse.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:27 pm

People laughed when I said Broly could take on any of these "gods" in Super. Even a LSSJ-wannabe girl can beat 'em.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:28 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:I totally called Kale being SSB tier. Dunno why people thought she wouldn't be
The animation was weird during this episode.
Her performance against SSJ2 Caulifla in episode 93(?) implied that she should be weaker than SSB, but Toei tossed all of that aside because they thought it would be cool to make her walk through a SSB Kamehameha.
She wasn't trying to hurt Caulifla. All Caulifa did was swat away a ki blast. You people overreacted to it
That ki blast was aimed at Cabba, who she was trying to kill.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:32 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Overlord78 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

"Toriyama's style" you say? So lemme ask you something. IF Toriyama didn't create these forms and the people who made GT did and they made their debut almost two decades ago, would you still be defending those forms and have that avatar that you have right now?
Last edited by EXBadguy on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Welp, looks like Caulifla is getting her Piccolo moment next episode; probably gonna get eliminated.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:36 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
I've dropped shows for far less then you accuse Super of and never looked back,and these were long running works that I initially felt were quite good. I dont care how much of a dragon ball anyone is, I've followed the franchise my entire life and if I felt the same way about Super as you do, I just watch something else.

Why feed of poison when you can get honey?
He's given me his answer and I'm satisfied with it.
I can't judge him, although I do not sympathize with it.

I do like your sentiment though, we think alike. I used to be a Naruto fanboy for 11 years.
Watched 1 episode of Boruto (the sequel) and dropped it; I know that's rash.

If I joined a forum just to call it pure garbage every week for 100 episode.
I would probably question why something I despise so much takes up so much of my time.
Noah wrote: "You know we can't give you guys Broly cause that would make things confusing, but instead had his feminine version and enjoy her acting exactly like him but with even less personality"
I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Broly had no personality to speak of Kale has an inferiority complex.
And she's very possessive of Caulifla, and she's extremely insecure. She's placed all of her eggs in the Caulifla basket,
and when it seems like it's going to go away she loses it.

Although it may not be the most complex thing in the universe. Her motivation for hating Goku is better written than a baby crying next to Broly.
and holding that grudge for 30+ years.
Last edited by Yomi on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:clap:

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:37 pm

Overlord78 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Overlord78 wrote: As this point I'm just watching it to see how bad it gets and get a couple of laughs out of it.
Not to be rude but your Saturdays must be pretty boring if your subjecting yourself to a show you hate.

Why feed off poison when you can get honey?
Don't see how my Saturdays would be boring considering it takes only around 20 minutes to watch each episode which isn't that long. I've grown up watching Dragon Ball and have read the manga so I obviously want to see where the characters end up for better or worse.
I mean, I don't care about the discussion you guys are having, but here you are 2 hours after watching the episode, talking about it and insulting people just because they like the show. That seems like quite a lot of time to give to a show you hate. Not to mention, the show has already reached 100 episodes and you are still here, telling people what they shouldn't like. It is a bit weird.
Anyway, carry on, my friend.
Last edited by emi_b7 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:38 pm

Kanassa wrote:Welp, looks like Caulifla is getting her Piccolo moment next episode; probably gonna get eliminated.
I hope not

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:39 pm

Does anyone know who wrote this episode?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:40 pm

Kanassa wrote:Welp, looks like Caulifla is getting her Piccolo moment next episode; probably gonna get eliminated.
I hope so, no more tingly ass sensations! I just hope Kale goes out with her, sadly doesnt look like that'll happen anytime soon.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:40 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
I hope so, no more tingly ass sensations! I just hope Kale goes out with her, sadly doesnt look like that'll happen anytime soon.
That's a good thing. I want her character fleshed out more as well as her form.
Feels over Reals.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:40 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:I totally called Kale being SSB tier. Dunno why people thought she wouldn't be
The animation was weird during this episode.
Her performance against SSJ2 Caulifla in episode 93(?) implied that she should be weaker than SSB, but Toei tossed all of that aside because they thought it would be cool to make her walk through a SSB Kamehameha.
She wasn't trying to hurt Caulifla. All Caulifa did was swat away a ki blast. You people overreacted to it
If I recall correctly, that Ki blast was meant for Cabba not her.

No we are NOT overreacting. You guys are just being complacent with inconsistent writing and storytelling.

Making it seem like the writers can't do anything wrong. I guarantee you these people aren't as passionate about their job as you are about the show. It's just a payday for some of them.

If you just take a look and see how ridiculous this all is, it's embarrassing. A lot of people think Goku and Vegeta are closing the gap on Beerus, but I can't see Beerus getting swung around like Goku somehow managed to do.

What was the point in SSB when it could simply be overpowered by the "original super saiyan"form? This form just so happens to be equal to/greater than SSB. Not at Perfext Cell level. Not at Kid Buu or Frieza ressurected level. She's stronger than Goku was when they almost crushed U7 in the Beerus arc. Going by her performance here, she could've fought toe to toe with hit in the Champa arc.

anybody who thinks this is just fine and criticizes people for not liking how they approached things, must really not be bothered with terrible writing and storytelling.
How i predict the tournament will end:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:42 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
And ruin the fun? Broly with Tits is amazing. Hey when people got mad at salty Gohan fans or enjoyed it, I can enjoy this :lol:.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:44 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
And ruin the fun? Broly with Tits is amazing
I'm creeped out by just ho much I'm enjoying Kale...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:47 pm

Kanassa wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: I hope so, no more tingly ass sensations! I just hope Kale goes out with her, sadly doesnt look like that'll happen anytime soon.
And ruin the fun? Broly with Tits is amazing
I'm creeped out by just ho much I'm enjoying Kale...
So I assume both of you shall be pre ordering her "dakimakura's/body/love pillow" when they become available?

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:48 pm

In regards to the design of the God transformation...I don't know how late this reply will be and look weirdly out of context to whats being currently talked about. I might be off because this is coming from memory of the last time I saw Battle of Gods movie and arc.

The design for the God transformation is underappreciated and genius. Unlike the previous transformations, God isn't a form brought about from rage or training, its calm and collected. Its achieved by going against the nature of the average Saiyan, Saiyans are known for being individualistic brutal warriors; the transformation has lore to it that makes it a form not brought about for an individuals use, its a form born from the hope of the good Saiyans that came together to stop the destructive nature within themselves. This allows me to see it to be deserving of being called Super Saiyan God because its concept is the higher being that the good Saiyans hope to become by being able to fight AS and FOR beyond themselves. I may be stretching it by bringing this up but it reminds me of Jesus Christ in a way in that he is the higher being, in a man's body much like the Super Saiyan God being the higher being in a Saiyan's body, that Christians hope to achieve in behaving the same way.

Goku realized this, the form goes against who he is as a Saiyan and was upset that the transformation could not be achieved on his own, is it any surprise that he was able to temporarily regain God when he remembered those close to him?

What it transforms on its user is representation to these traits. The muscles are compressed instead of blown up, the hair is piercing, the eyes are sharp with a lovingly warm red color and the face is peacefully youthful versus being harsh and mature.

Heck, even the music played when Super Saiyan God Goku and Beerus sparring has that atmosphere to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr8tJngrVOI